Back to School Deals - several retailers

Talama

I've found the following deals at my local stores (Miami, FL):

Wal-Mart

Roseart 24 crayon $.12

Crayola 24 crayon $.20

Elmer's 2-pack glue sticks $.20

Crayola 10-count markers $.88

70-page spiral bound notebooks $.10? (or maybe $.15?)

There were other items on sale but I didn't take advantage so don't know exactly.

Toys-R-Us Buy a backpack for $12.99 or more get a free lunch bag of your choice up to $9.99 value

Office Depot

Rulers $.09

School Glue $.09

Filler paper 150 sheets $.15

Office Max Ream of copy paper $1.99

There are other deals but these are the ones I know off the top of my head.

Our Walmart was starting to put stuff out to, but said it would be end of week before the rest was out. thanks though on other update.

I just pay $40 to the teacher and it covers all expenses, plus t shirts etc for crafts and such they do several times. ( I buy extra's for after Christmas when supplies are low so she won't have to buy out of HER pocket, though.)

AWESOME!! Thanks for posting this! I'm going to check out my local Walmart. Did you see these in ads or at the stores?

Wal-Mart was in the store, I haven't seen their ad. I know the other stores' items are listed in the weekly ads that my dear husband...ahem...THREW OUT! (Please save me from helpful people!). :rolleyes:

Searched for the Ream of copy paper for 1.99 at OMax but could not find!! Where was it...if you know! Thanks :)

Well in my store (Westland Promenade) they had it in the copy paper section, and another stack right next to the customer service register.

I forgot to post but yes, my Walmart here in Ohio had their whole back to school display up with the above pricing. I don't have my son's school supply list (middle school mails them out soon though), but I do have my daughters.

2 pack glue (elmers) .20

70 count notebooks and prong folders .10 each

Elmers glue (washable) .20

Crayola thick markers .88

school boxes .50 each

10-12 packs american classic pencils .50 each

10 pack mechanical pencils $1.25 each

packs of paper (college or wide ruled ) .50 each

My daughter is done now. Bought tons of notebooks and folders as I know my son last year needed 6 of each. My kids also like to have notebooks to write/color in. Super deal to stock up

If anyone spies a good deal on those plastic folders please post. My kids are way too hard on the paper/cardboard ones.

At Office Depot they had poly 2-pocket no prongs $.20 each, with prongs $.25 each. Don't know how much of a bargain that is, but that's all I've seen.

If anyone spies a good deal on those plastic folders please post. My kids are way too hard on the paper/cardboard ones.

I think Walmart had the plastic ones for 88 cents. I can't be positive they were plastic because I didn't really check them out but I know they weren't the paper/cardboard ones. Those were running 10-20 cents at Walmart. Good Luck!

At Office Depot they had poly 2-pocket no prongs $.20 each, with prongs $.25 each. Don't know how much of a bargain that is, but that's all I've seen.

I wish we had an Office Depot near me!! That is a good deal.

WalMart does have them for .78 each. I was there today but didn't get any. Was miffed bc I thought the Mead 5 Star poly folders were .97 but it was the cardboard ones!! Didn't know til I got to the register!!

I did get some of the loose leaf paper at Wm for .30, index cards .50, 10 pk mechanical pencils 1.96, pencil boxes .50, and papermate pens for .50 for a ten pack. It was a good start to school supply shopping which always burns me bc supplies are so expensive. I would rather spend the money on cool back to school clothes!! Call me shallow...:tongue1:

I went out to Office Depot this morning to get some of the .09 Crayola crayons and a few other things, when I check out the girl checking me out told me that you can now use up to 3 of the $3.00 off coupons(the ones you get when you take an empty cartridge in) I was glad to hear that. I always have several of them.

There is a coupon in the Walgreens ad for Papermate packs of pens and pencils (10 packs of pens and 5 or 10 packs of mechanical pencils) for $0.39 each, limit 3.

When we went, we couldn't find the ones in the picture on the shelf, so I dragged a manager over who agreed with me that they weren't specific (the coupon only says "pens"), so if the packs I picked up didn't work, they'd price adjust them. And they did!

I'm going to be going back to Walgreens probably today to grab some more!!! :D

Linda

There is a coupon in the Walgreens ad for Papermate packs of pens and pencils (10 packs of pens and 5 or 10 packs of mechanical pencils) for $0.39 each, limit 3.

When we went, we couldn't find the ones in the picture on the shelf, so I dragged a manager over who agreed with me that they weren't specific (the coupon only says "pens"), so if the packs I picked up didn't work, they'd price adjust them. And they did!

I'm going to be going back to Walgreens probably today to grab some more!!! :D

Linda

Nice!! I will try that tactic out too!!

Nice!! I will try that tactic out too!!

You know, I commented to my mom that it was pretty dumb of Walgreens to not put a specific type of pen on the coupon. I didn't try for any of the super good pens, but I know the kind I got were a notch up from the ones in the picture.

I was just shocked when I didn't see a specific type of pen... Just 10 packs! :yup:

This is so crazy, but I keep wanting to take advantage of these deals even though my son's public school provides everything! We don't even have to buy crayons for him!

It's not so crazy. My kids aren't even in school yet and I've been out buying school supplies like crazy. I figure it's a good time to get them a new art box put together. There is never enough pens, paper, markers, glue, etc around here!

I did the Wal-greens deals last night and got a bag loaded with stuff for under $10. I was happy :) (several of each: pens, crayola markers, regular pencils, colored pencils, mechanical pencils, glue, file cards, scissors,)

Be careful with the inexpensive spiral notebooks--read the cover to check the paper size. Our elementary and middle school wants 8 1/2 by 11 inch size, many of the less expensive are smaller paper, the kids can't use them (They staple full size sheets in--especially lab stuff in science). I ended up donating a bunch of them to the church for the Sunday School program....more flexible on size!