Wii Question

OK, I have a question. I am thinking of getting the Wii for me to use as a type of exercise equipment as well as for fun, since I really hate the typical exercising. Has anyone else done this and which games and equipment would you recommend?

Thanks,

Karen

Definitely get Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party. Its an awesome game and will have you sweating within minutes. It even has a workout mode. $69.99

Does anyone use one of the Wii download sites where you can download games, music, movies etc. for a one time fee? How are they if you do use one? I can't seem to find where they list what you can download.

? are you talking about the virtual console?

in the virtual console i've only downloaded NES/SNES/N64 games. i don't know about the movies/music stuff. the fee to download the game is per game through the virtual console, and it varies depending on the system the game originated from.

nintendo wii virtual console

just note that some of the downloaded games you will need to buy either the classic controller or get game cube controllers. we bought the classic controllers, but i'm thinking we should have got the gamecube ones so that we could have played gamecube games (mostly super smash bros.)

According to gamespot.com it was released yesterday!

Ok, I called my local Game Stop and they confirmed they have it in stock. So I'm wondering why these other retailers have all different release date?

Target - 11/2

Toys R Us and Circuit City - 11/6

Best Buy - 11/13

? are you talking about the virtual console?

in the virtual console i've only downloaded NES/SNES/N64 games. i don't know about the movies/music stuff. the fee to download the game is per game through the virtual console, and it varies depending on the system the game originated from.

nintendo wii virtual console

just note that some of the downloaded games you will need to buy either the classic controller or get game cube controllers. we bought the classic controllers, but i'm thinking we should have got the gamecube ones so that we could have played gamecube games (mostly super smash bros.)

Actually some games you HAVE to have the classic controller, I was po'd about that. I have not been impressed with the selection of games available for download. I do enjoy using the wii browser for kids' web games. Keeps them off my computer.