Wii Question

It all depends on your location for when to find a Wii in a store. I have been able to find them at Target, Walmart and Gamestop any day of the week. Just ask them when they usually get them in, it's not top secret, lol. They willing told me what day and time shipments come in and they didn't wait until Sun. to put them out.

The 3 pack of Wii remotes at Sam's Club doesn't specify which remotes it is. I'm guess it's a Wii remote, nunchuck and a classic remote which would normally cost $80. So the $75. isn't that great of a deal and good luck finding them in stock at Sams.

I would never trust anything on Craig's List and be careful on Ebay. I think Amazon is your best bet of the three. Just keep looking and calling and you'll find one soon. Best of luck.

Know your prices when you go to Gamestop b/c I have seen used games priced higher than a new game at regular stores. Also their used gamecube memory cards are way over priced.

Ok... I finally scored a Wii... I finally found someone at Walmart who knew what he was doing. I called and he looked it up in the computer and told me which walmart locations had Wii left in stock in the surrounding towns. 3 had them, he even game me the numbers at the stores, the last store I called still had 8 in stock. A small tiny town in rural Oklahoma, so I just treked over there about 40 min. away and got it... YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 3 pack of controllers at sams for 75 dollars is not the regular, classic, and nunchuk. they have a different price on that package, something like $60 i believe. and although they dont sell the consoles there it's still worth the trip for the controllers if you've already scored a console and are looking to accessorize to accomodate the whole family

Hooray, I got a Wii today. It's ironic, before my inlaws told me they wanted to get one for the kids I would always see them at Target or Toys R Us. But of course as soon as I needed to buy one, they were sold out everywhere. The guy at SuperTarget said they got in 300 less than a month ago and are now down to 15, which irks me because I called this store last week and the person I talked to said they didn't have any!

Anyway, I want to get my husband a game for Christmas. I'm new to the whole Wii thing...are there any good shooting games for adults?

Ok... I have started looking for the Wii for the kidos for Christmas.... NO ONE... has them or can even tell me when the shipment is coming... im not a big fan of ebay and such... nor have I ordered from Amazon... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure where you are in OK or how far from Fort Worth,TX you might be, but TRU in Fort Worth had quite a few of them in stock as of Tuesday, 9/25.

the 3 pack of controllers at sams for 75 dollars is not the regular, classic, and nunchuk. they have a different price on that package, something like $60 i believe. and although they dont sell the consoles there it's still worth the trip for the controllers if you've already scored a console and are looking to accessorize to accomodate the whole family

The 3 pack of remotes for $75. at Sams is the regular, nunchuk and classic. They had many in stock. You can buy them separately for $80, so like I said before, not a big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

My parents have gotten my family a Wii for Christmas. From reading the Wii threads I understand that I need extra remotes, nunchuks, etc.. What I need to know is what comes with the Wii game system? Do you get 1 remote, 1 nunchuk?

I am thinking of buying the Wii Play for our kids for Christmas and I understand that a remote comes with that. I have been checking out the gamestop website and I can't find anything that shows nunchuks in anything but a pkg. of 1. I was hoping that I could find pkgs. of 2 or even a pkg. of 1 remote, 1 nunchuk. I have seen the pkg. of 3 at Sam's Club but in reading the threads that doesn't seem to be that great of a deal since the one remote you don't use much. I really want to get this stuff bought now since it seems that Wii stuff goes fast and if they can't keep up with demand can they on the extras?!

TIA!

My parents have gotten my family a Wii for Christmas. From reading the Wii threads I understand that I need extra remotes, nunchuks, etc.. What I need to know is what comes with the Wii game system? Do you get 1 remote, 1 nunchuk?

I am thinking of buying the Wii Play for our kids for Christmas and I understand that a remote comes with that. I have been checking out the gamestop website and I can't find anything that shows nunchuks in anything but a pkg. of 1. I was hoping that I could find pkgs. of 2 or even a pkg. of 1 remote, 1 nunchuk. I have seen the pkg. of 3 at Sam's Club but in reading the threads that doesn't seem to be that great of a deal since the one remote you don't use much. I really want to get this stuff bought now since it seems that Wii stuff goes fast and if they can't keep up with demand can they on the extras?!

TIA!

it does come with only 1 remote and 1 nunchuk. i bought the wii play a couple of days later mainly for the remote but DD loves wii play. i also got a classic controller which you will need if you are going to download off the virtual console and wii points card so you can pay for the virtual console. in order to use the virtual console you have to have a broadband connection and buy like a nintendo usb wi-fi connector. you are able to share remotes on the wii where 4 ppl can play with 2 remotes.

We bought the Wii play and all 6 of us play it. We also bought a charging dock with rechargeable batteries, but that can go under the tree for someone. It holds the two remotes and keeps them charged for quite a long time. With a family of four ranging in ages from 4-14, we have found we only have needed the one extra nunchuck and only have 2 remotes. We do however have the gamecube remotes to play the other games that my daughter had for her game cube. We dont have broadband connection out here in the sticks. We decided to start with this and then build on what we have according to who was playing it the most.

it does come with only 1 remote and 1 nunchuk. i bought the wii play a couple of days later mainly for the remote but DD loves wii play. i also got a classic controller which you will need if you are going to download off the virtual console and wii points card so you can pay for the virtual console. in order to use the virtual console you have to have a broadband connection and buy like a nintendo usb wi-fi connector. you are able to share remotes on the wii where 4 ppl can play with 2 remotes.

Actually, as long as you have a Wi-Fi network set up in your house, the Wii can pick it up and use it, saving you money on the Connector. I belive it's only used when you have a hard-line network.

Also, if I remember correctly, you can play all but Tennis, Boxing and Baseball on Wii Sports with only 1 Wiimote, just pass it between the players.

Another good game that utalizes this feature is Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.

• 2 weeks later...

Do I need to get the remote charger? The guy at GameStop told me that if we had more than 4 remotes than we would probably want a charger, that way 2 are always charged. He did say that they don't eat through batteries so if we didn't mind having batteries on hand than it wasn't a big deal either way. I want to be prepared at Christmas and so far we have 2 remotes.

Also, will Wii accessories go on sale before Christmas?

TIA!

Well I'd like to add two more cents by regretfully saying that Super Smash Brothers Brawl has been delayed to February 10th, 2008. You can get more info at www.smashbros.com

Again this would make a great game for most any child. Even those who are 17, 18, 19, or 20.

A preorder for this game might make a nice Christmas gift.

Do I need to get the remote charger? The guy at GameStop told me that if we had more than 4 remotes than we would probably want a charger, that way 2 are always charged. He did say that they don't eat through batteries so if we didn't mind having batteries on hand than it wasn't a big deal either way. I want to be prepared at Christmas and so far we have 2 remotes.

Also, will Wii accessories go on sale before Christmas?

TIA!

We decided to buy a battery charger for all sizes and rechargable batteries. That way we can use it for the digital camera and other things as well as the remotes. Our gamecube controllers take AAA batteries and the Wii takes AA.

Well I'd like to add two more cents by regretfully saying that Super Smash Brothers Brawl has been delayed to February 10th, 2008. You can get more info at www.smashbros.com

This bites. My sons LOVE Super Smash Bros. for the gamecube and I was going to get this game for them for Christmas. Bummer. I guess I will have to tell the boys to save some of their Christmas $$ so they can buy it when it comes out in Feb. 08.

Again this would make a great game for most any child. Even those who are 17, 18, 19, or 20.

A preorder for this game might make a nice Christmas gift.

The Oct. 21st TRU add said that Super Smash Brothers Brawl will be in store 12/4. You can preorder now. Also, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games on 11/20. Super Mario Galaxy on 11/13.

AS far as the batteries..we bought duracell rechargables, we have the xbox 360, wii, and regular xbox systems, we also have wireless headphones and digital cameras that take the AA and AAA's so instead of using disposable batteries and buying seperate chargers for everything we just bought the duracell system. We are very happy with it, and they seem to last forever in the controllers!

AS far as the batteries..we bought duracell rechargables, we have the xbox 360, wii, and regular xbox systems, we also have wireless headphones and digital cameras that take the AA and AAA's so instead of using disposable batteries and buying seperate chargers for everything we just bought the duracell system. We are very happy with it, and they seem to last forever in the controllers!

I picked up a pack of Energizer rechargeables at Sam's Club a while back for the Wii remotes. It was less than $30, had the charger, about 4-8 AA and some AAA's :)

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

I think it is the highest rated game on the Wii so far.

Thanks, can you use the regular Wii controller or do you need a special shooting controller? I saw Bj's had Wii bundles that came with a separate shooter for the chicken game, would I need one of these?

Also, does anyone know when the High School Musical 2 Karaoke game is supposed to come out. I know it was delayed and only the Playstation and DS versions are coming out today. Toys R Us had no idea on the release date for the Wii version.