Official Sweepstakes and Contest Tips Thread

I read the article and I find it to be helpful.

But do you think you BETTER your chances of winning by "Subscribing" to their newsletter, email, etc.???? (I always choose No, in subscribing)

I don't think so because they usually use a random generator to pick the winning times or if its a sweep at the end. Unless it is a requirement to enter the contest it should not affect your changes of winning.

I always put no too b/c my daily email inbox would be way too large if I didn't.

Recently I've seen several contests that allow entries through the internet AND through regular mail (envelope with postage). Do you guys think there is an advantage entering one way over another? And I wonder what they do with the mail-in entries. Does someone manually input them into the computer? I guess what I want to know is how the heck do they combine both forms of entry? Anybody out there know?

Recently I've seen several contests that allow entries through the internet AND through regular mail (envelope with postage). Do you guys think there is an advantage entering one way over another? And I wonder what they do with the mail-in entries. Does someone manually input them into the computer? I guess what I want to know is how the heck do they combine both forms of entry? Anybody out there know?

I dont really see an advantage either way. I have no idea how they would handle mail in entries, and if you decide to mail entries in make sure that they dont say something like: one entry per day regardless of method.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I already mentioned that in the past and everyone decided to keep it the way it is. I figured it would be easier to just go to one thread like the sweeps that are expiring but no one liked the idea I guess.

What I do to sift through all of the 1X sweeps is go down to the bottom of the screen where it says "Display Options" and in the "Prefix" drop down menu I click "Daily" and submit.

It brings up just the daily and some IWG sweeps so I don't have to go through pages and pages of 1X only sweeps that I've already entered.

Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...