Official Sweepstakes and Contest Tips Thread

I mostly click that especially when the game is slow loading. I have won after clicking that before.

Good to know (Im also sorry as I realized I put this in the tips thread and not the question forum. Oops. ). I've never won skipping the game so I thought maybe I should be playing them. I feel better now skipping. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is an article I found and thought I would share, I think its a couple years old.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/03-28-2005/0003285725&EDATE=

ePrize Launches First System to Block Fraudulent Entries in Online Marketing Promotions

Fraudulent activities in online contests cost marketers millions

PLEASANT RIDGE, Mich., March 28 /PRNewswire/ -- ePrize, a global

interactive promotion agency, today launched a system to dramatically reduce

the mounting costs of fraudulent entries in online promotions. The platform,

called Promotion S.A.F.E., will thwart malicious or mischievous attempts

to enter a promotional sweepstakes, game, points-based rewards, loyalty

programs, sales incentive programs or other contests prior to and at the point

where consumers register.

According to CyberSource, in 2004, fraudulent online practices of all

types cost merchants $2.6 billion. Promotions are typically hit by online

scammers who register multiple participants from a single source, use

automated "bots" to create a flood of ineligible entries, and submit false

information, such as a bogus address. Promotion S.A.F.E. is a detailed

screening tactic that filters out individuals who attempt to enter a promotion

or sweepstakes unfairly, blocking "rule-breakers" to ensure promotions are

fair for all consumers who participate. These practices can dramatically clog

or even disable online promotions costing companies hundreds of thousands of

dollars.

"The losses to business from fraudulent promotion entries are as

outrageous as the practices themselves," said ePrize Founder and CEO Josh

Linkner. "Across the Internet, as much as five percent of promotion prizes

are awarded to ineligible or otherwise fraudulent entries, and tremendous

resources often are spent on identifying, communicating with and replacing

disqualified participants. These losses are growing at an intolerable rate.

The time is now for ePrize to take the lead in eliminating these online

scammers from the game."

ePrize spent more than a year developing Promotion S.A.F.E. to ensure each

participant in an online interactive promotion has the same opportunity to win

in a fair and entertaining competition. Promotion S.A.F.E. employs five steps

before and during the registration process to detect and block fraudulent

participants:

1) Address Verification - This process verifies mailing addresses against

the U.S. Postal Service database.

2) Image Security - This tool asks the entrant to verify text from a

random image on the screen to advance further within the promotion, a

technique that blocks bots from submitting entries.

3) IP Blocking - A Web page informs the player that his or her IP address

has been associated with previous fraudulent activities and shuts the player

completely out of any ePrize promotion.

4) De-duper - People who try to enter multiple individuals under the same

address can be filtered out if some of the information they provide matches

that of another registered profile.

5) Blacklist - This global master list compiled by ePrize records previous

fraudulent offenders and prevents them from entering future promotions for any

ePrize clients.

"Promotion S.A.F.E. is going to save our clients time, money and

reputation," said Linkner. "In the end, businesses will collect much cleaner

data from each Internet promotion and participants will enjoy a fair

competition. ePrize's online games and contests are about winning -- prizes

for the consumer and new customers for the merchant -- and Promotion S.A.F.E.

offers a win-win opportunity for everyone."

ePrize has skyrocketed to become the industry leader in interactive

promotions. Signing nearly 80 major brand accounts in 2004, the company

enjoyed a dramatic growth in sales, which rose from $9 million to $18.5

million for the year.

About ePrize

As the industry leader of interactive promotions, ePrize has developed and

managed more than 1,200 campaigns in 36 countries for the world's most

recognized brands. ePrize has successfully developed and managed promotions

for major advertisers including for Coca-Cola, American Express, Harrah's,

General Motors, The Home Depot, Yahoo!, The Gap, Dell, Ford, Northwest

Airlines, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Warner Brothers, and palmOne. With

offices in Detroit, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and London, ePrize

conceives and implements powerfully effective programs which create

relationships between consumers and brands and motivate specific consumer

behavior. ePrize promotions create actionable customer profiles that turn

data into dollars for clients and their agencies. For more information, visit

http://www.eprize.com .

Quick questions on the IWGs....

If you click skip game or click the link that says see if you are winner. Does that usually mean you won't win or should you always play the game it has? Does this make sense? Some of the games I just don' t want to play so I click Can't see game.. See if Im a winner

Do you think this makes a difference, or no?

I usually do not play the game. I won my camcorder from Hebrew International after skipping the game.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a newb so forgive me if my questions & suggestions are old hat:rolleyes: but how about the winners of IWG's post the times that they played so we have an idea of when the "hot" times are. These sweeps are generally set with computer generated "times" are they not? Is that considered illegal?? to post the times I mean.

I googled & read something about 5 mins to the hour being a popular IWG time slot but that hasn't worked for me yet.

Anyway..if I win an IWG I will be sure to note down the time & post on here for you all to see.:)

I've only been going at it since the beginning of the month but I still haven't won the cream cheese basket:mad:...:)

I'm a newb so forgive me if my questions & suggestions are old hat:rolleyes: but how about the winners of IWG's post the times that they played so we have an idea of when the "hot" times are. These sweeps are generally set with computer generated "times" are they not? Is that considered illegal?? to post the times I mean.

I googled & read something about 5 mins to the hour being a popular IWG time slot but that hasn't worked for me yet.

Anyway..if I win an IWG I will be sure to note down the time & post on here for you all to see.:)

I've only been going at it since the beginning of the month but I still haven't won the cream cheese basket:mad:...:)

I play only during the evening and sometimes win, sometimes not. I know alot of the wins and great prizes are given out late at night.

• 1 month later...

Ok I have a helpful tool that Happy gave me to try. Before using it I downloaded it and saved it to my desktop to Virus Scan it first. It came back no viruses, after I installed it & used it I ran SpyBot (a spyware detector) and it ran clean. So I confirm this tool as virus/scum free.

Anyway, its called Sweep! I downloaded it from here...http://www.wavget.com/sweep.html It can be a pain to set up at first but it almost works like Gotta deals site.

You create a new entry, Put in the URL of the sweep site or IWG etc...then the end date, how often your allowed to play (monthly, daily, hourly etc) and then you can even enter notes (I put in the possible prizes) Also you can name each sweeps whatever you want. Then you click done. This will track how many entries you have in the sweepstakes, IWG and when your last play was. When you reopen this tool the next day it will alert you with the games you need to play/haven't played for the day. You just click the "goto" button and it opens the site to the sweeps that you entered! Once you hit Done it checkmarks it as played and updates your last play info. Its a fun tool but as I said can be a pain to set up! :) Try it out if you want and let me know your take on it.

• 1 month later...

I have a question-Are those of you who are winning using mutiple email addresses? I don't have the time/energy to open more than one account, but I never win and am thinking there's gotta be more that people are doing to be so lucky.

not for the same contest,because in case you win twice,you would have to reveal you were "multiplying",unless you used someone else's address.

not for the same contest,because in case you win twice,you would have to reveal you were "multiplying",unless you used someone else's address.

I must have missed the original question that you answered to, I cant find it. But I have read it over and over and I hope I am wrong but it seems to be implying if your winning your cheating. The way I look at it is if you cant win using one account why would you win using two, it is all about luck. The only advise I have is if you arent winning anything and you are doing it at the same time everyday, find a different time slot to do it, winning times are hard to come by, last year it seemed I had a time I could atleast win one a day (well not really that often but close) that time of day became unfruitful for me so I have been searching for another time, it is hit and miss. Plus it seems alot more people are doing sweeps now so winning isnt as easy as it was. It may seem there are some people who win alot more than others that doest mean they are entering multiple times it means they are having a stream of good luck or they have more time to enter more sweeps, there are many reasons why people win there are many reason why people dont win, but all in all it is purely luck.

• 1 month later...

Ok I have a helpful tool that Happy gave me to try. Before using it I downloaded it and saved it to my desktop to Virus Scan it first. It came back no viruses, after I installed it & used it I ran SpyBot (a spyware detector) and it ran clean. So I confirm this tool as virus/scum free.

Anyway, its called Sweep! I downloaded it from here...http://www.wavget.com/sweep.html It can be a pain to set up at first but it almost works like Gotta deals site.

You create a new entry, Put in the URL of the sweep site or IWG etc...then the end date, how often your allowed to play (monthly, daily, hourly etc) and then you can even enter notes (I put in the possible prizes) Also you can name each sweeps whatever you want. Then you click done. This will track how many entries you have in the sweepstakes, IWG and when your last play was. When you reopen this tool the next day it will alert you with the games you need to play/haven't played for the day. You just click the "goto" button and it opens the site to the sweeps that you entered! Once you hit Done it checkmarks it as played and updates your last play info. Its a fun tool but as I said can be a pain to set up! :) Try it out if you want and let me know your take on it.

Do you feel like since you have been using that you have been winning more often?

• 5 weeks later...

Giving everyone a heads up

PCH Warns Consumers of Bogus ‘Oprah’ Mailings

Publishers Clearing House alerted consumers last week about fraudulent sweepstakes mailings that claim to be from PCH, Oprah Winfrey and O Magazine.

The mailings include what appears to be a real check, but the check is bogus and consumers are asked to wire money back to a false address.

Some consumers have been told that the check is an advance on a sweepstakes they have won and that once they wire some money and cash the check they can expect their millions to arrive in the mail.

Suspicious of the mailing, the daughter of one woman who received the mailing set up a separate checking account and deposited the check to see if it was in fact legitimate. It was not, she said.

"We are angry about the reports of scam artists using our good name and reputation along with that of O Magazine and Oprah Winfrey in an attempt to deceive consumers" Chris Irving, the assistant vice president for legal and consumer affairs at Publishers Clearing House, said in a statement.

Consumers who received the mailings were encouraged to contact law enforcement or consumer protection offices.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, dumb ? time. Where the dickens do you lot find all these IWG sweeps/games/etc? Some were saying they enter 60+ a day? And have actually won? I have been entering 20+ contests/sweeps now for over 5 months, at all times of the day/night, and have NOT won a single thing (yes story of my life, accepted & dealt with). But am just curious. Would appreciate any info..

Cheeres!!!!

Edited by happysunshine28
taking out email

Ok, dumb ? time. Where the dickens do you lot find all these IWG sweeps/games/etc? Some were saying they enter 60+ a day? And have actually won? I have been entering 20+ contests/sweeps now for over 5 months, at all times of the day/night, and have NOT won a single thing (yes story of my life, accepted & dealt with). But am just curious. Would appreciate any info..

Cheeres!!!!

You just got to have persistance, right now winning is pretty slow for me, but I still try to do them, I enter just about every sweeps listed in the contest forum just about everyday. I would say roughly 500 contest a day, thats IWG and daily entry entry ones.

You just got to have persistance, right now winning is pretty slow for me, but I still try to do them, I enter just about every sweeps listed in the contest forum just about everyday. I would say roughly 500 contest a day, thats IWG and daily entry entry ones.

I agree persistance and patience pays off, not to mention the realization that you are not gonna win everything you enter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.wahm-articles.com/Article/The-Secret-to-Winning-Instant-Win-Games--IWG-/6136

I found this article on secrets to winning IWG. The writer suggested to try between 4am and 6am as most people will be asleep.

I would completely agree with those being good winning times about 1 to 2 years ago. Too many people get up early to enter at those times now, but yes they were very lucrative at one point.

article is a very good find though, we can always use articles on how to win. Thankyou

• 5 weeks later...

Read the rules

Following entry guidelines is a must- you might be disqualified if do not follow them and that's a lot of wasted time entering.

If a spouse/roommate/child, etc is also entering make sure they know to follow the rules also, a major mistake is one per household whether it's to enter or amount of prizes that can be won.

Read the rules

Following entry guidelines is a must- you might be disqualified if do not follow them and that's a lot of wasted time entering.

If a spouse/roommate/child, etc is also entering make sure they know to follow the rules also, a major mistake is one per household whether it's to enter or amount of prizes that can be won.

and if you are disqualified there is a good chance they will *never* award that prize...

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.wahm-articles.com/Article/The-Secret-to-Winning-Instant-Win-Games--IWG-/6136

I found this article on secrets to winning IWG. The writer suggested to try between 4am and 6am as most people will be asleep.

I read the article and I find it to be helpful.

But do you think you BETTER your chances of winning by "Subscribing" to their newsletter, email, etc.???? (I always choose No, in subscribing)