Holiday Clearance Dates

Aaron

Guest DigDoug
I got some stocking holders I wanted for 50% off.... well not exactly the ones I wanted but close enough. I got there too late on Sunday. I'm sure I missed out on some of the stuff I would have wanted.

Walmart is at 50% off right now too. I bought my mother-n-law her gift set for next year (got it for only $12) and tissue paper for .50 a pack and gift bag for .50. So she is done ! Also bought gift sets for her two foster girls to put away. Bought my dad his preferred stock set he loves every year. Only $6. Also some girl lip gloss sets for only $1.44 for my daughter. Wrapping paper was only .49 a roll. and new garland for the house for only $1.44 a pack. Gift tags for only .30 a pack and ornament hooks for .20 a pack. Stocked up~ I didn't want to wait too long as selections is always dwindling after the first day of clearance. Oh, I also got my christmas cards for next year for only $2 a pack. I may go back up this weekend too at another Walmart to see if they have some more items.

Guest DigDoug

I got a decent flashlight kit for $5 at Target. It had a variety of different flashlights. I know the maglights are the best around but they also carry a hefty price. I wanted some flashlights to keep in different spots in the house.

I may stop in at the Target and/or Walmart on my way home from work tonight to see what's still there.

Thanks Brad!!! I had to pick up my daughters vitamin prescription so I went ... I got

A tree stand, a 6ft Christmas tree (which they forgot to ring up but it was only $5.00), 32 Christmas tumblers, 4 rolls of wrapping paper, a snow globe, some Christmas Cards and bows all for $10.00!!

Can I just rant about the vitamins for a second? We have been getting a 30 day (15 tablets) supply and I specifically asked the Dr to write the prescription for a 100 tablets so I don't have to keep going back, and my company just got bought out so I figured if something happened to my job, I don't have to worry about paying for things without insurance. When I picked it up it was 15 tablets for $2.75. When I asked why I didn't get the 100 that the Dr had written the prescription for I was told that the insurance company would only pay for a 30 day supply at a time, but I could pay for it myself but it would be $10.00. I said "it'll be $10.00 for 100 tablets?? You're making me pay about $19.00 total with insurance by doing it monthly....so my rant is I'm actually paying more for my daughters vitamins with insurance!!! What's up with that!!!??? (I obviously paid for it without using insurance!)

When I asked why I didn't get the 100 that the Dr had written the prescription for I was told that the insurance company would only pay for a 30 day supply at a time, but I could pay for it myself but it would be $10.00. I said "it'll be $10.00 for 100 tablets?? You're making me pay about $19.00 total with insurance by doing it monthly....so my rant is I'm actually paying more for my daughters vitamins with insurance!!! What's up with that!!!??? (I obviously paid for it without using insurance!)

They probably have a similar deal to doctors' offices for "cash patients." If you do not have health insurance and go to the doctor, let's say your office visit costs $60. Well, if you have health insurance, they bill your insurance a lot more--maybe $100 for that same office visit. Then your insurance has a deal where they pay 80% of the doctor's fees, so they get $80 from the insurance but still bill you $20. So...maybe the pharmacy has a similar deal, and what they charge cash patients just happens to be less than your copay. Strange, but it works, I guess...you got them nice and cheap.

Insurance issues are always nice and confusing.

HOw did you get this information about Target? I have always wanted an inside track about when stores are going to mark their merchandise down more. Target has always been one of my favorites to clearance shop their holiday merchandise.

I know someone that works at Target, and they just happen to slip and tell me. :)

Went to Wal-Mart yesterday and all they had was paper for 45 cents, so got three more rolls and big bag of bows for 67 cents. They had bits and pieces of other things, but nothing impressive. Hope that there is something left at Target on Friday!! Have to take my dad to the VA, so hope to get some good bargains there!!! LOL

I was there this morning--they really are 90% off--mine still had a lot of wrapping paper, bows, a few ornaments, a lot of lights and a lot of those candy or cookie gift sets. They also had a lot of those things that go around the wine glasses and the wine bottles. I also bought a tree for $4.99 --it's the 6.5 foot Chelsea thingy--I got it for the woodwinds section of the band storage room for next year. The brass had one, but the woodwinds was only a foot tall LOL I also got pretty garland for that tree, a tree skirt and some red bows (the bright red, not the dark red) and some dark red bows for my tree. I spent $60 and have a LOT of stuff.... The Christmas CD's are also 90% off. I picked up 20 of them, but they only had 5 different ones. Good presents for next year. I also bought another rubbermaid tote to store all of this in :-) I had FUN!!

I was there this morning--they really are 90% off--mine still had a lot of wrapping paper, bows, a few ornaments, a lot of lights and a lot of those candy or cookie gift sets. They also had a lot of those things that go around the wine glasses and the wine bottles. I also bought a tree for $4.99 --it's the 6.5 foot Chelsea thingy--I got it for the woodwinds section of the band storage room for next year. The brass had one, but the woodwinds was only a foot tall LOL I also got pretty garland for that tree, a tree skirt and some red bows (the bright red, not the dark red) and some dark red bows for my tree. I spent $60 and have a LOT of stuff.... The Christmas CD's are also 90% off. I picked up 20 of them, but they only had 5 different ones. Good presents for next year. I also bought another rubbermaid tote to store all of this in :-) I had FUN!!

I'm glad you could enjoy the sale, happy holidays.. :tongue1:

Went to Target today and they still had some christmas stuff....got a few rolls of paper for like $0.48...and got 4 of their Angel stocking holders for $.99 each!! I was stoked about that! Grabbed a few of their silver and blue bows too!

My target also had 5 aisles of toys that were 50% off. picked up polly pocket sets for my nieces birthday for 4 bucks a piece...they also had a lot of baby toys, peek-a-blocks and that type of stuff....it was a good trip...wish I had more extra cash to spend though!!

Went to Target on Friday and mine sucked!! Of course, it was in the afternoon when I got there. One woman must have been there most of the day, she had a full cart full. I only got some boxes, a few bows and a couple of snowmen thingys that hold cards, or a picture. It was all cheap, but hardly anything left......alot of broken things.

CVS today was 90% off. I now have enough wrapping paper for the next two years! LOL But 90 ft for .29 is to cheap to pass up. I also got gift bags (really nice ones!) for .29 velvet bows .19 gift tags a package of 100 for .19 Donkey and shrek stuffed animals with M&M's in there belly for .39 And gift boxes for .29 for 2 to .49 for 10

Happy shopping!!!

Aaron is that you in the pic?

Our Hallmark went out of business about a week ago. I got alot of nice stuff for around 80%off. I had a blast shopping ;) Star Trek Ornaments for about $2, Bob Mackie Barbie Cheap! Went back again and again each time I had a few extra bucks. It was fun while it lasted and now they're gone.