Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Home Depot does internet PM's, and does B&M PM's + 10%

2 replies to this topic

#1 Pliablemoose  OFFLINE  

Pliablemoose

Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 16, 2004 - 4:45 pm

Stole this from a wood working forum:

A quick google search pulled up this webpage:

It's not an outdated page either. You can access it directly from the main Home Depot main webpage by doing the following:
1. Go to http://homedepot.com
2. Click on "Company Info" [at bottom of homepage]
3. Click on "About the Home Depot" [on the left hand side]
4. Click on "About Our Products" [on the left hand side}

Home Depot PM policy

"What is your low price guarantee?
The Home Depot guarantees low prices on everything we carry. If you should find a lower price from a legitimate, local competitor on an identical item we stock, even if it's an "advertised special," we'll not only meet that price, we'll beat it by 10% to thank you for bringing it to our attention. To receive your discount, please contact your local Home Depot. (This guarantee excludes closeouts, liquidations, and clearance items).

If you find a lower price from a competitor on the Internet on an identical item we stock, please print the product/item page (including applicable taxes and shipping) and take it to your local Home Depot for verification. We'll be glad to match the Internet price. (This guarantee excludes closeouts, liquidations, and clearance items).

#2 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,721 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 16, 2004 - 9:56 pm

I used to work there and yes people do bring in internet pricing. BUT, they do not price match on any wood as price changing occurs daily. Some items they won't (at least my old manager didnt). Depends on what they have in stock. They are super picky too. Has to be same model # everything. They will try to get out of it at all costs so be ready to argue. Also, they will NOT match any price that has to do with value card. Such as another Hardware store where you need a savings card to get price. That policy may be on the web site, but they do NOT go by it! I was at the customer service desk and I dealt with it all day long. If you do go in there to get a price adjustment, be prepared to argue.

#3 Pliablemoose  OFFLINE  

Pliablemoose

Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 17, 2004 - 12:11 pm

I used to work there and yes people do bring in internet pricing. BUT, they do not price match on any wood as price changing occurs daily. Some items they won't (at least my old manager didnt). Depends on what they have in stock. They are super picky too. Has to be same model # everything. They will try to get out of it at all costs so be ready to argue. Also, they will NOT match any price that has to do with value card. Such as another Hardware store where you need a savings card to get price. That policy may be on the web site, but they do NOT go by it! I was at the customer service desk and I dealt with it all day long. If you do go in there to get a price adjustment, be prepared to argue.

Agreed, every PM I do is YMMV, I find a reasoned argument works very well.

And I have to admit HD's prices are very reasonable.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users