Official Restaurant.com Coupon/Discount Thread

Brad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ugh...I'm so annoyed!! I never got my order confirmation and when I emailed them, they said they are having problems with PayPal and cancelled it. They refunded it, but now I have to start all over and use a cc which I didn't want to do...but hey, with the 60% off, I was only paying $1.20 for each..now it'll be even cheaper!! Woot!!

time to stock up!!!!

70% off code "treats"

Offer ends 10/31

For those of you that order from here quite often, how long do the gift certificates last before they expire? For instance if I get them for my DD and SIL for Christmas, can I get them now and expect them to have a while to use them? Money is very tight for them and this may be the only way they can enjoy a few meals out if we slip them in the stockings and they have a restaurant they really enjoy that 25.00 cert is only 3.00... TIA

we love these coupons!! especially at 60-70 percent off. have been using them for a few years and have never had a problem. certificates are good for 1 year after purchase so yes, they do make good presents. my family just used one last night for dinner and the five of us had a nice meal for less than it would have cost us to go to mcdonalds. just be very careful to read all terms for each restaurant first. some of them will not allow you to redeem on the weekend and some have a minimum purchase requirement. it is a good idea to call the restaurant to make sure they will accept them, or at least ask your server/hostess. also, according to the website, restaurant.com will "buy back" any certificates you dont use and give you a credit towards another purchase (such as if a restaurant goes out of business or no longer participates in the program). again though, we have never had a problem and my only complaint is that there aren't more restaurants to choose from. if you are close to a larger city though, this shouldn't be a problem. these are great for travel, too.

Ok so its pretty good then?? I just got 3 for one of our family's favorite places. Now in the gift certificate terms and conditions it says limit one redemption per party per month per restaurant. Does that mean I cant give one of these to my mom and dad and they use it the same month that my husband and I use one??? Its for 10 off $20 but heck I bought three and total was only $2.70 cant beat that.

Does that mean I cant give one of these to my mom and dad and they use it the same month that my husband and I use one???

your mom and dad are a different party and can redeem theirs whenever they want. this rule applies when the same party tries to redeem more than one certificate/month at the same restaurant. in other words, if you are regulars at the place then the restaurant doesn't want you and your husband to be getting such a great deal more than once a month. the only thing i'm not sure of is whether they would make a stink if say, you guys went once and then tried to go with your parents when they redeem their g/c in the same month. my guess is that this would be YMMV, depending on whether they recognized you.