Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

FreeWebTown.com Free Webhosting!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Diana_FWT  OFFLINE  

Diana_FWT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 16, 2004 - 1:25 am

First,please allow me to apologize for making a self-promo post here...

I would like to introduce link deleted

Offering details are as follows:
*unlimited disk space
*1 GB transfer/bandwidth per month
*Email account(@link deleted)
*Automated Web PageBuilder with templates and point and click editing
*Weblog (BLOG) creator, Guestbook, Photo Albums, Multimedia Gallery, Personal Desktop etc.
*FrontPage 2000 extensions supported (or FTP or our built-in File Manager)
*Shared Community Storefront, Auction block, Online Forums, and Live Chat

We are working hard each day to become the preferred choice in the free hosting marketplace. Please, stop by and see for yourself.

Thanks for this opportunity to post - ask any questions you wish, I'll be glad to answer to.

Web hosts are allowed to advertise their services on the GottaDeal.com forums with prior consent from management.

Please check your PM's - RossMAN

#2 johnallen  OFFLINE  

johnallen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 16, 2004 - 2:47 pm

How can you offer unlimited disk space when a hard drive has a limited capacity?

#3 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 16, 2004 - 3:08 pm

How can you offer unlimited disk space when a hard drive has a limited capacity?

Good question :)

I'm still waiting for Diana_FWT to reply to my PM.

#4 DeviousTrap  OFFLINE  

DeviousTrap

Ignore me, I'm a trap!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 16, 2004 - 3:09 pm

Easily, they take a chance and kick you off if you use a lot of space. Since they only give you 1gb of bw per month they already know that you can't upload more than that each month.

#5 Aaron  OFFLINE  

Aaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 16, 2004 - 7:50 pm

Smart smart people we have here. I remember paying for "Unlimited" hosting, and I got screwed over - I called the number that was listed on the WHOIS and got a home answer machine, and I never got my space back after they ripped me off.. grr..

#6 Diana_FWT  OFFLINE  

Diana_FWT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 17, 2004 - 8:08 am

Reply posted. Thanks for the opportunity to straighten this misunderstanding out.

RE: the "unlimited" claim, you're right... there's no such thing as truly unlimited. The head of FreeWebTown and I talked about this and he told me to apologize for the mistaken reference.

Otherwise though, our offering stands on it's own merits, but we'll wait for Ross's approval or denial before discussing any more about our services.

I do assume it's okay to address specific questions you replied to my original post...

Easily, they take a chance and kick you off if you use a lot of space. Since they only give you 1gb of bw per month they already know that you can't upload more than that each month.

Actually that's an incorrect assumption... ie. we don't monitor or count the upload data transfer in a user's monthly allowed 1 GB bandwidth amount. We also don't ever "kick" users unless they violate our abuse policies.

Smart smart people we have here. I remember paying for "Unlimited" hosting, and I got screwed over - I called the number that was listed on the WHOIS and got a home answer machine, and I never got my space back after they ripped me off..

True, it's good that people question an offering. That's how a free market works obviously... questioning only ends up benefiting the customer/end-user and the service provider (in the end) because they will understand what's justifiable/legitimate and what isn't. Reality checks are a good thing.

RE: us, without going into details (per Ross's approval), we're a real company and we collect revenue mainly from advertising on our own site, not user's websites. We also collect some extra bandwidth revenue when users optionally decide if they want their busy free site reactivated.

We appreciate well-maintained message forums like this and would like to think that our free offering is worthy of being discussed in an appropriate manner on a "deal-oriented" spot like this.

Best regards,
Diana_FWT

#7 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 17, 2004 - 9:07 am

Diana_FWT, Thanks for your PM reply, I'll be in touch with your business in the near future.

#8 Diana_FWT  OFFLINE  

Diana_FWT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 21, 2004 - 5:44 am

Thanks for reply, I am looking forward to your reply. Regards,

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users