Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Target here in Olathe South was 75% off and was packed. When I arrived at 9:30 this morning I saw a lady with her trunk just packed with bags of Christmas items. She had a big trunk too, LOL. I practically ran back there and did score some good things but nothing that I couldn't live without. I got a Christmas tree for next year and my best find was a set of 3 lighted berry trees that go outside in your yard. They are large 5 ft, 5.5 ft and 6 ft tall. They will look great in my yard.

Got much misc stuff and some of the method cleaning products and air fresheners. Spent way too much but am happy about being stocked up for next year. Stuff was going fast - there were tons of people back there with many full carts.

The toys hadn't been marked down any more though which was a bummer. I was hoping they might start marking some of the toys lower than 50% off but maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part? What do you guys think?

on dec 31st as soon as they opened tons at 75%. they say by tuesday may be 90%. tons of clearance toys. spark art easl that i got for my daughter christmas for 79.00 was down to 44.00. fisher price my twin dollhouse orig. 59.00 was 27.00. tons of good stuff. lots at 30% and 50% waitng till they go 75%.

Take a red stickered item from the perimeter, and throw it in another section of the store. Visit again in about a week, to see what happens. This works for me, as they hate to keep these things around too long, and end up lowering the price in some cases.:)

Target here in Olathe South was 75% off and was packed. When I arrived at 9:30 this morning I saw a lady with her trunk just packed with bags of Christmas items. She had a big trunk too, LOL. I practically ran back there and did score some good things but nothing that I couldn't live without. I got a Christmas tree for next year and my best find was a set of 3 lighted berry trees that go outside in your yard. They are large 5 ft, 5.5 ft and 6 ft tall. They will look great in my yard.

Got much misc stuff and some of the method cleaning products and air fresheners. Spent way too much but am happy about being stocked up for next year. Stuff was going fast - there were tons of people back there with many full carts.

The toys hadn't been marked down any more though which was a bummer. I was hoping they might start marking some of the toys lower than 50% off but maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part? What do you guys think?

Hey Nikkilugi... I was at Olathe when they opened this morning too. They were still unpacking boxes when I was there. They had a lot for sure. I thought of many on this forum when I was at another one of our Targets in Kansas City that went 75% yesterday. They accidently put the 75% off signs up in front of all those fire pits that so many people were waiting for this fall. Four women were clammoring for them and the sales lady gave them the 75% off price. I had no need for one, but they got them for $37.xx I think. I think they were all very happy about that little mistake.

75% off today at Target in Timonium, Md. Got the Jack Daniels coffee, the 24 cent cake mixes,tons of wrapping paper,

method cleaner for counters, cookie decorating kit with sprinkles and cookie cutters, AND the outdoor snow globe I've been wanting for 2 yrs($20). It was a good day. People seemed really calm today-the roads were quiet too!

75% in Albany, NY. It was mostly trees, paper and stockings. I bought a Yoda ornament for a buck.

Baby clearance seemed to have started as well. 30% off lots of feeding, accessories, etc. Nothing on the car seats (yet), that's what I need most.

-Eric

Hey Traderbear. Just out of curosity which KC store was 75% yesterday?? I would have loved one of those firepits, LOL.

I am looking for a Spark Art Easel for less than 50%. If you happen to see one marked down below the 34.95 I would love to hear from you! I am happy to keep my eyes open for you as well but I really only stay close to home, LOL. That is why I usually go to the Olathe South location. Too many kids and too lazy to travel beyond a couple of miles from my house.

Thanks!

Hey Traderbear. Just out of curosity which KC store was 75% yesterday?? I would have loved one of those firepits, LOL.

I am looking for a Spark Art Easel for less than 50%. If you happen to see one marked down below the 34.95 I would love to hear from you! I am happy to keep my eyes open for you as well but I really only stay close to home, LOL. That is why I usually go to the Olathe South location. Too many kids and too lazy to travel beyond a couple of miles from my house.

Thanks!

The Stanly store (151st and Antioch) and the Super Target off State Line Road and 135th St. went to 75% yesterday. Those are the only two that I know of... the only other two that I went to anyway. I thought for sure that Olathe South would go to 75 yesterday, and they are (as a fact from a Target manager) the least shopped store in the city. I like to go there as a starting point cause they always have the most left. I actually live in Overland Park and it's about 15 minutes across the interstate (not bad), but there were several of us that got "skunked" yesterday. We were all back out there again today though! If we weren't so busy shopping bargains, we probably would have went for coffee! You are lucky if you are close to that store. You most likely will have good luck with the Spark Art Easel there. I would check back Wed/Thursdays over the next couple weeks. I have found lots of good toy deals there in the past. Good luck! P.S. (Just in my opinion...) I wouldn't wait on the software for that. I picked up the easel when they went 50% cause I had my extra 10% rewards and I also went ahead and got the software cause that will probably sell out quicker than the easels. If I see one, I will post here and let you know!! ;)

The two stores near me in Indy were still ONLY 50 off! :( Not sure if I can drag myself there again tomorrow or not? :( I've gotten up early and drug myself there only to be disappointed! My mom asked me what did I need that I keep going back for-I told her just the fun of getting a deal! :D I went to a few other places too and they are still 50! Wow! Most of the stores still have quite a bit to get rid of too!?

OK went to target today Clinton Township MI 75% and found lots of stockings and cards and few other things but really picked over. I did however find a new just opened box of Christmas Velveteen Rabbit board books and was able to pick up 30 for DS preschool class christmas gifts for next year for .25 each I couldn't pass it up.

Today I got a 7.5 pre-lit tree with pinecones for $44.00 I also was able to get that FP infant to toddler stroller for $31.24 reg. 249.99 I was so excited I decided to see if someone would scan a crib that said clearance for $299.99 and he siad actuall it is only $74.98 it is the white cottage Bassett crib really cute and I got the matching chest for $74.98 also I was so excited I got it all so cheap and it all matches.

75% off Christmas finally in Columbus, Ohio! I went straight there this morning, very little wrapping paper left, no bows, and hardly any lights/outdoor decor. There was a lot of indoors decor stuff, but not even that much ornaments. Not the usual selection of year's past..

Since I was there so early I did manage to snag 4 outdoor light sets, Christmas cards, 2 rolls of wrapping paper (the same style since they had hardly any), a pumpkin pie candle (for free with coupon), ziploc large bags (24 cents after coupon), a tree skirt my mom wanted, and some other odds-n-ends. Nothing too exciting, but worth the 10 minute drive.

My Target in Roanoke is still 50%.:(

This is going to sound strange, but...YEAH!!! :tongue1: I was just sitting here reading about everyone getting the Method soup and stuff so cheap and kicking myself that I didn't go to Target yesterday or today. I wonder when it is going to go to 75%? Planning on making a trip in either tomorrow or Wednesday, so maybe I will get lucky.

75% off Christmas finally in Columbus, Ohio! I went straight there this morning, very little wrapping paper left, no bows, and hardly any lights/outdoor decor. There was a lot of indoors decor stuff, but not even that much ornaments. Not the usual selection of year's past..

Since I was there so early I did manage to snag 4 outdoor light sets, Christmas cards, 2 rolls of wrapping paper (the same style since they had hardly any), a pumpkin pie candle (for free with coupon), ziploc large bags (24 cents after coupon), a tree skirt my mom wanted, and some other odds-n-ends. Nothing too exciting, but worth the 10 minute drive.

Which columbus store did you go to? DH and I went to the one in Whitehall, the one on campus and the one off of Fishinger. The one on campus had a ton of outdoor decor left. They had the blowups and all kids of other things

we were up bright and early this am too...got to target 5 min before it opened and there were only about 8 cars in the lot. Saw several employees come out of the store just as they were opening with their stashes they were able to shop for before opening. kinda a bummer..but i know they get to do that...and if I were a target employee..i'd be doing the same thing..LOL. We filled two buggies. Got my punch bowl set for 5.00, martini set for 2.49, two Daytona 500 cologne sets for 6.24, two manicure/cosmetic sets for 3.xx, method plug ins and sprays for .69 and .99 each, got my three snow angels for 3.xx each, and lots more that I can't remember. Their already packed away in a rubbermaid in our morgan building till next year. It was worth driving back and forth 4 days in a row waiting for 75% off. LOL I'm exhausted though..I literally laid down on the couch at 5pm after cleaning out our morgan building(cleaned out all the Xmas rubbermaids and tossed all our OLD christmas stuff we've had for 6+ years)...we were up at 6:45am..I'm just NOT a morning person at all. lol

Love the method counter cleaner! I also managed to score the Cascade 80 gel tabs for 75% off 11.89, by telling the cashier they were christmas, they did have a snowman on the container! That was a great buy! I bought 480 of them! Never used a better dishwashing item!

I went back to Target again today and bought a HUGE outdoor polar bear (normally $89), kids holiday clothes (that weren't marked down but scanned at 75% off), and leather gloves. Altogether, I am well past $100 in clearance spending..but that's much better than $400 retail! :cheesy:

Take a red stickered item from the perimeter, and throw it in another section of the store. Visit again in about a week, to see what happens. This works for me, as they hate to keep these things around too long, and end up lowering the price in some cases.:)

Hmm, that doesn't seem to be playing fair.

Was it me just me? but my usual Targets had 0 light sets left 2 days after Christmas at 50%. I can normally find stuff left at least a few days after at 75%. Seems like they didn't carry that much stuff or just every went after everything at 50%.

I sure hope there's some stuff left when I finally manage to get there. We've had crappy weather the last few days, right now there is about an inch of ice on most roads.

In particular, any train/Thomas sets being found? I'm not worried about stuff like wrapping paper or anything.

Yes - I got the Thomas set - Water tower, or something like that. Creates cool steam on the train, I think 38 pieces. it was $40 down to $20.