Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Employees are absolutely not allowed to shop while on the clock. She could have been fired. They have to clock out and I believe, remove the name tag. I'll ask the teenager when I see her next year. She told me a story about one of the LOD (leaders on duty) making someone clock out so that person could use the LODs credit card to buy a Wii.

ps Just about everything is gone now. Except for bows and candy canes.

Interesting you mentioned "shopping" while on duty, I got there at 8 so definitely the first one back there and about 20 mins into the looking, I notice that one of the gals that was back there (employee) was randomly taking items off the shelves. I didn't pay attention because I thought she was organizing or something, but it was oddball things like bowls which seem appropriate for the area I was looking at. I was asking about some of the food items and she told me if they aren't ringing up than they are not on sale, so I did see that they had pulled them and was sitting int he middle of the floor, well I went around a endcap by their back storage doors was a cart with those random items in it. I was tempted to ask them if it was overstocks etc but I decided to stand and watch and two of them were walking around with their scanners and than giving it to a man (who had a jacket on but underneath was a red shirt) and he was dropping the items off into the cart. So I am guessing they were shopping while on duty. I know that some people have mentioned their Target lets their employees do this but I have never seen ours do this. I have seen employees on break doing this but they have to wear a jacket or something. The ladies were working because they were answering questions, moving stuff, resetting, replacing signs etc....I am not sure how I feel about working employees shopping on duty, at least as a manager, I definitely would frown on it. I got what I wanted and there was a ton left so I guess it doesn't hurt but seems to me they are shopping more than doing their job? Oh, these were also associates I hadn't seem before and I am there way too often...

I also noticed ALOT of toys on flatbed carts getting ready to be shipped off, the employee I spoke with said that they are going to start shipping more out and marking down less. :yuck:

Obvioulsy they are selling to a discount store ie. Big Lots, Building 19 etc..and getting more money that way. They *claim* they donate it but she told me today they resell.

Anybody know why the glade and renuzit plug-in fragrance refills (the x-mas ones) are not ringing any percentage off this year? I usually hit all my stores and buy them out at 75% off because they don't move them out of the smelly aisle and i get em cheap. This year none of their fragrance refills are ringing up as Christmas. I hit 3 stores in Chicago. Maybe it's just in the city? Anyone? I am very sad about this.[/QUOT

I scanned them here too and nope not 75% off. I got some last year also for 75 off

Anybody know why the glade and renuzit plug-in fragrance refills (the x-mas ones) are not ringing any percentage off this year? I usually hit all my stores and buy them out at 75% off because they don't move them out of the smelly aisle and i get em cheap. This year none of their fragrance refills are ringing up as Christmas. I hit 3 stores in Chicago. Maybe it's just in the city? Anyone? I am very sad about this.[/QUOT

I scanned them here too and nope not 75% off. I got some last year also for 75 off

I got some of the glade scented oil Glistening Snow for 50% off at my local Dillons (Kroger). It smells pretty good - just FYI, LOL.

We have the employees getting the goods discussion periodically and people are split. When I arrived at the store that was going 75% the other day, and I knew to expect it so I was there as the doors opened, the entire overnight team was walking away from the Christmas section with carts full to overflowing, moving to the registers to pay. So, it was pretty clear who got the best stuff at that store.

We have the employees getting the goods discussion periodically and people are split. When I arrived at the store that was going 75% the other day, and I knew to expect it so I was there as the doors opened, the entire overnight team was walking away from the Christmas section with carts full to overflowing, moving to the registers to pay. So, it was pretty clear who got the best stuff at that store.

They should have to wait until the doors open to put stuff in carts, like a regular customer would have to.

I'm also split on this. A few years back I worked at a discount clothing store doing markdowns and we always pushed a basket around with us to keep our tags and other supplies in, while we were scanning we would just put the stuff we wanted in the cart until the end of the shift and pay for it then. So now as a customer it kinda sucks to know that the employees are getting the good deals, but as an employee it is awesome to get in on them too.

Federal Way Washington - 75% this morning

Loads of stuff left. I had checked out the Kent store a couple of days ago, Federal Way was definitely better.

Picked up a couple lighted deer, paper, nuts, two pack of Christmas (???) deodorant, and the Armour All gift set. There were plenty of cookie sets, twin comforter/shams, trees, ornaments, paper - 3-4 aisles worth.

I felt bad for the cashier. She asked me if there were any of the Armour All sets left - I told her TWO. I offered to grab one for her, she said she couldn't, she'd have to wait for break. I can see it both ways. It would be tough to sit and watch people grab those deals and not have a chance to buy any of it.

So, should I have wrestled her to the ground for my paper towels? Should she have had the right to take them??? Inquiring minds want to know!

:gddrama:.)

Which store was this? I would be irritated only because you already asked if those were items going back on the shelf and she said that you could get whatever you wanted from the cart. I understand your anger. :mad:

So, last night I was asking whether or not anyone has had a store go 75% off the night before. I was just too lazy to get out last night, so I didn't check. Then this morning I thought about calling work and telling them I'd be late so I could go get what I wanted from the Olathe ST. Decided that seemed wrong and I don't need bad karma. I figured if it was meant to be, I'd get them during my lunch. What I wanted was some of the digital ornaments. They had quite a few but they were in an aisle near makeup and picture frames instead of with xmas. I thought this would help my luck. So I go in around 1:00 (during my lunch hour) and go right to the aisle, but everything in the aisle had been replaced with new product! Gasp!!! I go to the back where christmas was, and in the first aisle I turn down, there they were!!! YEAH!!!! I was SOOO freakin excited!!!