don't buy SERTA mattresses!!

4gtkids

I just have to tell you this...

We bought a brand new mattress for my daughter 6 month ago at Colders a local chain-, well I noticed that it was sagging...so I called the place I bought it from and they sent out a guy who took pictures and said they would get back to me. well they called and stated that since there was a marker stain (one oops, when my daughter was coloring on a piece of paper while I was washing sheets) our warranty was void because they cannot take that into the factory an expose their workers to contaminents..Whatever! A child's mattress, beware before you buy...I have since found out that VERLO will stand by their products...shop there

Thanks for letting me vent!!!:rant:

Thanks! I really appreciate the heads up... we are looking for a new mattress for us plus another for my son!

Buy your mattresses at Sam's Club, I bought a serta mattress from them four years ago and it started to sag. I called them and they told me to bring it back so I did and bought another one. The manager told me that Serta has a 10 year warranty he said they even received credit on one mattress that fell out of a customer's truck and got run over by a semi.I would think that Costco has the same policy.

When I bought my Serta at HHgregg the sales guy specifically told me that Serta was very hard on the warrenties and to keep a matress cover on that would not let stains get on it or it would void the warrenty. He even gave me a cover to use that he said would keep it clean and suggested I buy another to keep when cleaning. I thought he was just trying to make another sell. Maybe he really was just being helpful.....

Like someone else is going to sleep on it! They will take it back to the factory and strip the fabric off, as required by law, and rebuild it. Now you know the rest of the story......:yup:

update...we are still dealing with the twin serta matress and I havr reported them serta and colders to the better business bureau. We'll see where that gets me...

And we bought ourselves a new king matress from Verlo, they hand make theirs and have a 12 year 100% waranty with marker stains :D i asked!! but this time the mattress cover won't be off when the children are around....just in case!

I have to agree to stay away from Serta. ours is sagging already and we bought a pillow top. We still had to buy a memory foam topper to make it the perfect matress. Would highly recommend their memory foam toppers. I bought my son a much less expensive matress from a local dealer and put a memory foam matress topper on it (purchased topper from overstock) and for $100 total cost I love his matress so much better. BOO serta matresses!! Now I am not soooooo worried about not ripping off that special tag for the warranty!!!

Both of my kids' mattresses came from JCPenney- the Penney's brand and they are soo comfortable. We've let 4-5 different guests sleep there (hey the kids like the sleeping bag on the floor anyway...) and all have said that was the best night's sleep they'd ever gotten! We use the mattress and boxsprings on a metal frame, it makes a difference (though I prefer right on the floor). And they are flippable-one even has a winter side and a summer side (basically of little importance since I use a waterproof protector anyway. They were quite a bit more than $150 but I figured they'll be sleeping on them for 15+ years.

So I'm guessing that a puke stain would void the warranty as well??? geez, I leave the cover off for ONE night and the toddler gets sick........:yuck:

We bought a new set for us last year-Sealy with the memory foam top. It is a HUGE mattress and it has been very weird to get used to. The entire bed moves differently, I guess because of the foam. If we could have returned it in 30 days we would have. It was a very expensive mistake. I'm afraid it will develop a valley as well. The problem with the memory foam is that I wish it would forget a little more, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
When mattress shopping 2 years ago my aunt told us not to purchase a Serta that she had purchased one and it began to sag, she went back to the store she purchased it and they replaced it at no charge. She did this 4 times before demanding a full refund, which she was given. While at a different mattress store we told the sales rep of the reason we would not purchase Serta and she insisted that was not the case and she had rarely seen someone have to return due to sagging. So we decided on a Serta. We had it about 6 months before we noticed the sagging had begun. We were in the process of moving and building a new house so I put off calling about the warranty. 2 1/2 years later we decided we couldn't take the lower back pain due to the sagging mattress any longer. We were given a new Serta that our friend had about the same amount of time as we had had ours. The first night was horrible! It was a much higher quality and thicker mattress but sagged twice as much. (all our friend noticed is that his back was hurting but since it was just 1 person in the bed he says he didn't notice the sagging, maybe he just wanted to get it out of his house so he pawned it off on us! lol) I decided to call the store we purchased ours at and was told someone would come look at it. The man came and took one look (no pictures) at ours and said it would definatly be replaced. The next day (yesterday) we received a call from the store and was told to come pick out a new one of equal price or we could upgrade for additional cost. We've decided to get our replacement at the equal cost, we will definatly not be investing anymore money in Serta.

Not to go against the flow, but I have a king serta that was from a Mattress outlet place and it is about 5 yrs old with no problems. My wife and I both love it and haven't had any issues. Quiet, even during certain times! and doesn't sag. We have been happy with it. One thing with mattresses though is that they are made regionally, its cheaper than shipping them everywhere. (At least thats what the sales guy told us.) Could it be possible that it depends on what factory it was made in? I always like to buy my mattresses cheaper as long as they are comfortable and replace them every 5 to 7 years. A mattress thats used everyday takes a lot of abuse. Plus you don't realize it because the degradation is slow to where you don't notice. I couldn't imagine sleeping on a 10+ year mattress.

I used to work customer service for a furniture store. If someone called with a legit defect and there was a stain we told them to get it out and we could take the mattress back. The factory will not take them back with stains, even if they are defective. That is pretty much any mattress, in my experience. Get the stain out, then try again. Good luck!:)