Rebate Rant

ObiRich

Hi All,

Wooo hoooo! I finally received my Kingston rebate for the Flash Drive I bought in December!!! Ended being free after the rebate (30.00 rebate and 20.00 google checkout if I remember correctly). It was my very first purchase with Buy dot com and I was a little nervous about actually getting the rebate but they finally came through...just took awhile.

Just thought I'd update for those of you still waiting on yours.

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...
I got a rebate check for $20 today from Rebate Center located in Scottsdale, AZ. The only problem is I'm waiting on 5 $20 rebates and the jerks didn't print anywhere what the check is for! Most companies print a one liner as to what the check is for. This will make it more difficult to track down the dead beats when/if the time comes to start calling about status of each late rebate.....

• 4 weeks later...

I did three of them from Staples on BF. All say they have been printed/mailed. I received the cheap one over two weeks ago, but the two larger ones haven't made it yet. I just emailed them about it..

STILL waiting on Staples rebates!!! :gdcensored:

still waiting on staples from BF too! I'm getting more and more irritated every day that I check the mail! It's been PLENTY long enough! $100 - DH's b'day this weekend, NEED IT NOW!! ERRR.

The info says printed/mailed... it's been a week. The mail doesn't take THAT long to get here!

This doesn't explain why the rebates from BF are going on 9 weeks now. Says "check mailed" and it's not here. I konw what I'm looking for, I've gotten them in the past. Ridiculous that it's taking so long for EVERYONE to get their Staples rebates!

I called about the 4 GB Drive from BF and was told they would not even start processing until 03/01/07. Now a month later- nada. The person would not even discuss helping me, and Staples said it was not their rebate either.

Last BF MANUFACTURER rebate and last I/O Magic rebate I participate in. :eyepoppin

Thanks but I get a "You have reached this page in error" message

when clicking on that link. Plus I cant find any of my information I had when I purchased that Ipod dock @ xmas. So I dont know how I"m gonna research it.

I think I might be SOL. :gdangry4:

Thanks but I get a "You have reached this page in error" message

when clicking on that link. Plus I cant find any of my information I had when I purchased that Ipod dock @ xmas. So I dont know how I"m gonna research it.

I think I might be SOL. :gdangry4:

Try this link. Click on Track A Rebate. You just need to put in your personal info.

http://www.rebate-zone.com/default.asp?PN=KING001

Most stores offer rebates in hopes that no one will claim them. Best Buy drives me nuts because all the prices in their ads and most of the prices on the shelves are AFTER rebate.. just tell me what I will have to pay at the check out!?! Also, what is the point of all those rebates you get at the check out??

Thanks.. that works.

Entered my info, and it says "not found". :( Guess I have to call them.

I'll be ticked if this got lost in the mail before it got to them..:banghead:

Yeah you should call. I sent mine in the end of January and received it a couple of days ago.

It did take a while for it to show up on the website but they should have started processing yours by now.

Still waiting for $50. rebate from verizon wireless.Started this process on Dec,13.2006!!

Im not fond of rebates but it came with the phone I upgraded to.They are still lookin into it,had to remail everything twice now:mad:

Here's my rant. This is the deal, http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=67459a 70 piece kitchen starter set for $13.XX. Rebate for $20.

Great deal!! I got all the pieces, kept what I wanted and have been passing the rest out to family and friends and taking several pieces to work, giving some to the concession stand at our baseball field. Well the rebate check comes for $20 and that's it. I call them and they tell me the rebate only shows limit of 1. The rebate that prints with the email they send for confirmation does only show good for 1. On my order status on their website is a link for a rebate form that states 5 are allowed. So after a week and a half of probably 8 phone calls, being told basically that I am lying and that they need proof faxed to them, since they can't get e-mails or access the internet. The first fax I sent them, they never got, hmmm of course not. I give it a rest for a couple of days and call again, wanting an address to mail it to, nope, fax it. I try it again and then call them. It takes 4 days to get the fax entered into the system. WoW, they are faster than the stone age!! So I call them yesterday and get the same run around, hold for 10 minutes and then she comes back on the line, apologizing like crazy and saying that they will be sending out the checks. I would like for the other people that basically called me a liar to call me and apologize but I know it will never happen. Rant over unless I don't get my $80.00!

Still waiting for $50. rebate from verizon wireless.Started this process on Dec,13.2006!!

Im not fond of rebates but it came with the phone I upgraded to.They are still lookin into it,had to remail everything twice now:mad:

Wow, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with a Verizon Wireless rebate. I've always had good luck with those (knocking wood) and get them quickly. I hope they find yours soon and get a check out to you ASAP.