Rebate Rant

ObiRich

Still waiting on one for Portable DVD player from Kohls just checked website they say no record of my rebate.::(

They probably filed it away... http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Things/sopor.gif

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sad%20Upset/consoling2.gif

I finally got a notice from BUY.COM on the Kingston 1gb Flash Drive. I sent in the Rebate on December 21st. The form said to allow 4 to 6 weeks. On January 26th I got the email saying they received my submission. The email says to allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Does that mean another 4 to 6 weeks???

I have such a love/hate relationship with rebates!!! :razz:

I love all the money that comes back and I've never had one that didn't show up (knock on wood) but I hate the waiting game and the sometimes having to call to "check" on it so that they'll get it sent out.

Michelle

I just checked on one from CompUSA that was electronically filed. It went pending for 3 weeks for the return period. But now says "yes" as a status (isn't listed in the list of statuses and explanations) and has a note that it's been "requested" and may take 10 to 12 weeks to be mailed. I was like WTF? Bought 1/3, filed 1/3, approved 1/25 but the check should be mailed by 4/19?

I thought the new electronic filing was supposed to make things better. For whom? Them?

FINALLY received ONE of the rebates from Staples. It was for $50 and is simply a postcard so reckon anyone could have cashed it. Still have one more from Staples coming. Both of these were filed 11/24/06 and today is 2/2/07 - which in my mind is entirely too long for processing. Back on 1/22 it showed mailed (and had done so for several days) and it arrives 2/2. Mighty odd that nothing I mail takes that long. The 2nd rebate does not even show approved so who knows how much longer for that $25 to arrive.

This might explain why your rebates are denied, then magically approved once you complain. It's easier to just deny rebates, then give in to the people who take the time to call.

I've had a couple denied in the past, and then when I called they instantly say that it's OK and they will be sending a check, I haven't had to explain that I did send in everything as required they just automatically OK it without any question. Now I know why.

I too had no problem with Best Buy.

I just nearly had a stroke with Comcast. They offered a free modem if you ordered your high speed internet online. So you go through the whole process and I find out that the I have to pay for the modem after I've already ordered the high speed internet and that it is a mail in rebate to get it for free! So I was like fine, I paid for the modem and the paperwork says you have to include the first month bill that shows you have high speed internet. So I get the first bill. No high speed internet. I call Comcast and they tell me it will be on the next months bill. Fine. Get the next bill, NO HIGH SPEED INTERNET. So I call and they tell me that I never ordered the internet... even though they sent me the modem, confirmed my high speed internet and the guy told me that I would get it on next months bill AND I HAD BEEN USING IT FOR TWO MONTHS! What she could do was put my order through to make sure I get charged for high speed internet. I was so mad I told her I was going to write a letter to the Attorney Generals office. I'm so ticked off.

Still haven't gotten a rebate from buy.com but I will give it a couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am still going around with OnRebate with my PC connection rebate. I bought the item back in MAY of 2006. I finally gave up, emailed OnRebate and copied PC Connection. In my email I said that I was boycotting PC Connection and spreading the word to all my friends until I got my rebate. PC Connection emailed me back with in 48 hours and offered to put the rebate back on my credit card. They admitted that they had problems with OnRebate as well.

So .. if you are having problem with a rebate, email the rebate copy and copy the company you purchased it from. The rebate company is very rarely the company you purchased the product from.

Just checked status on my Office Depot rebates, Sandisk $30 rebate received and pending, Samsung monitor rebates have not been received even though they where all mailed at the same time at the same time in the first week of December.

RLM

This was the WORST rebate year EVER for me!

I purchase a bunch of stuff with rebates on Black Friday. Saturday we completed and mailed (or did the on-line stuff) for ALL the rebates.

5. Office Depot.. seems to have gone to a black hole.. nothing on them either...

Normally I am very careful about filling out rebates and sending the right stuff in, in year past I have had very few problems but this year overall has been a total disaster!

Hopefully you made copies of the originals. You've probably already done so, but if not, I'd try to call or write them and whine! (the contact info should be on the form) Good luck!

We called and called and they would say there's no records and they accept no dups... I will not shop there again w/ rebates.

My husband and I try to avoid rebates. Too much of a pain. That's why we choose Best Buy over Curcuit City when they are having sales. Best Buy never has mail in rebates on anything.

We have made several purchases with best buy using rebates. But we also always got them back. We also like "MEnardsyou don't get cash back but you get a credit they come really fast and we always need something from Menards.

I am waiting on two from buy.com ($30 and $5), just got an email on one (the $5 one)

I've had a couple denied in the past, and then when I called they instantly say that it's OK and they will be sending a check, I haven't had to explain that I did send in everything as required they just automatically OK it without any question. Now I know why.

That is EXACTLY what happened when I called the Rebate Center for Micro Center today.($20.00 for a monitor during their After-Christmas sale) They sent me a postcard saying my UPC was invalid. I had copies of everything and mentioned the fact that I had been warned on forums that they would give me trouble on the rebate. She looked up my address and asked for my name. She then said she saw the records and that she was sorry for the mistake and would process my check today. It is definitely a weeding out process. You sell a hundred products with a rebate. A few people forget to send for the rebates. Then when you get the rebate submissions, you AUTOMATICALLY deny them (with a limited time period to respond). And then you only pay the people who actually CALL you up for their money. And maybe some of the people who resubmit the paperwork you originally denied. It all adds up to easy profit for the rebate center! I am completely done with rebates. I'm still waiting for the additional $50.00 rebate from the manufacturer for the LCD monitor that was returned defective to MicroCenter. Stay away from X2Gen monitors=crap.

I'm still waiting for the additional $50.00 rebate from the manufacturer for the LCD monitor that was returned defective to MicroCenter. Stay away from X2Gen monitors=crap.

Guess what!? I checked status for this yesterday and it says (just like the Microcenter rebate) invalid UPC or not attached to space provided. I emailed them (their only form of communication) and stated that various forums stated that they would try to cheat me and that the UPC was attached and I had made copies. Since the monitor was defective, it was returned to MicroCenter and since they saw that the UPC was removed, they could not refund that part of the purchase price. So they responded today with this crap:

In response to your recent email to rebatesystems.com:

Good Evening and Thank You for contacting Rebatesystems.com, We have reviewed the rebate submission and found that this rebate was processed by Rebate Systems, Inc. (www.rebatesystems.com). Rebate Systems follows a careful step-by-step analysis of each rebate submission that they receive. These steps mandate that each required element of the rebate submission form is met - from the inclusion of the UPC code to the signature of the rebate applicant. According to their records, the application did not meet all of the requirements. In particular 3A. Incorrect UPC Barcode or No Barcode Found in Space Provided.

Your box should have two UPCs on opposite sides of the box. The UPC has an icon of a monitor on the left of it and a "yin yang" of arrows to the right. Should one of the UPCs be damaged please provide the original on the primary rebate and a copy of it on the bonus. In some cases pictures do not accompany the barcode. Do not use the model number barcode (identified by the word “model”). Do not use the serial number barcode (identified by the letters “s/n”). Use the code that is generally 12 numbers long such as (8 80602 64196 8).

One reason that we require rebate applicants to sign their rebate submission form is so that they are very careful to read and comply with every requirement stated. We are very sorry that your rebate submission did not comply with those terms.

If you have information that your rebate was properly submitted and you believe that Rebate Systems made a mistake, we ask that you visit the rebate systems website at http://www.rebatesystems.com/ and locate your rebate using your email address and password. From the specific page relating to your rebate application, you can submit copies of your rebate materials and comments that Rebate Systems will consider in reviewing your case. Again, we are very sorry that your rebate request was denied.

Thank You for using Rebatesystems.com