Huge Success With My Adoptive Christmas Family!

elena_398

Well tonight I made the trip to my church to turn in all my presents to my adoptive family. I also gave stockings filled with tons of goodies. My kids helped me carry it all in. The mother of the 2 girls was there to pick it all up. She was so appreciative it made me cry. I just feel so bad shes in the situation she is in. No husband nor is he giving child support. He skipped town.

I slipped her an extra GC I got from my aunt. Im sure she wouldn't mind (my aunt that is). It was just a $25 GC to a nearby restaurant. I told her to take the girls out christmas eve.

Im just so happy Santa will come for the girls on christmas. They are pretty young so I hope I picked out the right presents. My church provides dinner for them also. (I donated some dinner items too). It was funny as the woman drove a super small car and obviously like my own kids I over bought. LOL. I barely got everything in. All day I've had the biggest smile on my face. I just hope more people do this next christmas. I know I will. This is my 4th year going strong and love it alittle more everytime.

I over bought for my adoptive family too, and today was also pick up day, Ive done this for several years, I didnt get to meet this years family. But I know what you mean last years came to get theirs as I went to see how things were going and the hugs and tears makes you feel so great inside.

I have never adopted a family before.. But I did get an angel off the tree this year from good will... I had so much fun doing it.. DH said I was going alittle nuts, but he knows how much we spoil our boys and to spend a fraction of that on someone else was not a big deal.

I think next year, I'd like to adopt a family too, going to get the boys involved so they can learn more about the meaning of xmas, instead of gimme, gimme, and I want...

Well tonight I made the trip to my church to turn in all my presents to my adoptive family. I also gave stockings filled with tons of goodies. My kids helped me carry it all in. The mother of the 2 girls was there to pick it all up. She was so appreciative it made me cry. I just feel so bad shes in the situation she is in. No husband nor is he giving child support. He skipped town.

I slipped her an extra GC I got from my aunt. Im sure she wouldn't mind (my aunt that is). It was just a $25 GC to a nearby restaurant. I told her to take the girls out christmas eve.

Im just so happy Santa will come for the girls on christmas. They are pretty young so I hope I picked out the right presents. My church provides dinner for them also. (I donated some dinner items too). It was funny as the woman drove a super small car and obviously like my own kids I over bought. LOL. I barely got everything in. All day I've had the biggest smile on my face. I just hope more people do this next christmas. I know I will. This is my 4th year going strong and love it alittle more everytime.

That ROCKS!

You just made someones day maybe their entire year~sometimes all it takes is "paying it forward"....The world needs more ppl like you!

May God Bless you and Your Family

This is a nice story and a very giving thread. My son and I unofficially adopted a family of one of his class mates. Since I have made many donations to the school, the teacher asked if we could possibly help since the little girl (classmate) asked the teacher if Santa can still come even if they don't have enough money to buy a tree. This little girl is so sweet and hearing this just broke my heart. We bought a tree, lights, decorations and brought lots and lots of wrapped presents for the little girl and her 2 sisters. It really does feel good to give. I went to the class party yesterday and was totally shocked when the little girl came and hugged me and said thank you (with a little tear in her eyes). I wanted to contibute to the family in secret for many reasons, but someone in the school office told her. I wish I could convey the feelings I felt as this precious child was absolutely sparkling when she told me about the lights and decorations on her tree, and she said she has never seen so many presents in her whole life. Sorry, time for a litttle boohooing from this Secret Santa.

This is a nice story and a very giving thread. My son and I unofficially adopted a family of one of his class mates. Since I have made many donations to the school, the teacher asked if we could possibly help since the little girl (classmate) asked the teacher if Santa can still come even if they don't have enough money to buy a tree. This little girl is so sweet and hearing this just broke my heart. We bought a tree, lights, decorations and brought lots and lots of wrapped presents for the little girl and her 2 sisters. It really does feel good to give. I went to the class party yesterday and was totally shocked when the little girl came and hugged me and said thank you (with a little tear in her eyes). I wanted to contibute to the family in secret for many reasons, but someone in the school office told her. I wish I could convey the feelings I felt as this precious child was absolutely sparkling when she told me about the lights and decorations on her tree, and she said she has never seen so many presents in her whole life. Sorry, time for a litttle boohooing from this Secret Santa.

That made me cry :cry2: How sweet of you to make that little girls Christmas so special.

Elena-kudos to you too. My sister has been doing that for about 8 years now. She asked us all if we minded if she doesn't buy gifts for us so she could use her money for a family. She does an incredible job throughout the year. She also volunteers at a pet shelter and rings the bell for the Salvation Army.

You are all angels :)

I love reading the stories on here after my post! It really is so fullfilling to help out a family. This is only the 2nd time I got to see the family I adopted. I knew already who they were as they go to my church. I just didn't know how bad things were for them. I wish I was a fly on the wall to see the girls open the gifts. Im sure I'll hear about it at church on Christmas! Cannot wait. I bought each girl a winter coat and hat/glove set in addition to toys. I figured I buy the toys, but wanted to get them neccessities too.

I love reading the stories on here after my post! It really is so fullfilling to help out a family. This is only the 2nd time I got to see the family I adopted. I knew already who they were as they go to my church. I just didn't know how bad things were for them. I wish I was a fly on the wall to see the girls open the gifts. Im sure I'll hear about it at church on Christmas! Cannot wait. I bought each girl a winter coat and hat/glove set in addition to toys. I figured I buy the toys, but wanted to get them neccessities too.

I know what you mean I bought PJ's for the two kids, When I went yesterday I was a little disappointed as I took great joy in making each child had the same amount of presents and the mom has several to find out I got a split family there were two other girls in the family that were given to some one else. I only hope that they did there best to get the two others in that family a great Christmas, I just wish she would have given my all four of the kids.

Thank goodness for caring people like you. I have done something similar to this also and I know how good it makes you feel. It is great to help others when in need. I was once in need and was very thankful for those who helped out and make it a point to help others when I can. I vow to never forget the hard times and it makes me appreciate what I have everyday.

I know what you mean I bought PJ's for the two kids, When I went yesterday I was a little disappointed as I took great joy in making each child had the same amount of presents and the mom has several to find out I got a split family there were two other girls in the family that were given to some one else. I only hope that they did there best to get the two others in that family a great Christmas, I just wish she would have given my all four of the kids.

I get names and info from my church, and my coworkers and I buy gifts for the kids (the church provides a big food basket for each family). This year we had a total of 8 kids to buy for, split between 15 people. I know we go WAY overboard buying for these kids... clothes, toys, coats, gloves, and more-- even stockings for each child and each set of parents-- and we have so much fun doing it!!:) Everyone brings their wrapped gifts in, and I take them to the church.

Sometimes I do end up buying a couple extra gifts, when I can tell that one child is getting much less than their sibling(s). That's why I love that 1) we get ALL the kids' names for these families, and 2) I have a chance to find out what was bought and sneak in some extras if needed.

But my favorite part is that I get to help deliver the food and gifts!!:D I don't always get to see the whole family (because of the "Santa" thing! lol), but I always see and have a chance to chat with at least one parent. I think buying then delivering these gifts has to be my favorite activity of the whole year! We just delivered this year's stuff 2 nights ago (12/18), and afterwards I told my mom, "I wish I could do this everyday!"

So even though the weather doesn't seem very Christmassy here, I'm finally in the Christmas spirit... because I know that I was again part of something that will make a difference in some families' lives! :holiday16:holiday10:holiday16