Day After Christmas Sales

syamnew

Not to get off topic here but has anyone noticed that more and more stores are having before christmas sales? I was looking through the Sunday ads and noticed that Kohl's, Rag Shop, Michael's, AC Moore, Boscov's and a few others all have 50%-75% off their christmas merchandise. Kinda takes the fun out of the day after shopping. Not to mention that with the gifts to buy I really don't have much left to take advantage of those sales anyway.

Guest RealLivePrinces
FYI. Kohl's will open at 6am the day after Christmas. New clearance (and the vast majority of most departments) will begin appearing 12/27.

The After Christmas sales are always better than the before Christmas Clearances because the stores hold back to make as much profit as they can before unloading remaining inventory... Example: the starting prices are artifically high then marked down to make it appear as if your saving more. This calculation works best 50% off is actually 25% and 75% off is actually 50% off. Shopping Veterans know what things went for in previous years and I have to tell you things are not priced 50% off.

My best advice is Walmart for gift tags, wrapping paper, ornaments etc. I also love khols as everything that is christmassy is about 75% off!! I love to go shopping the day after christmas it has become a big tradition just like black friday shopping with my cousins and aunts.

I always go to Walmart the day after christmas...But I don't go till 8am or so. Does anyone know when the 50% off price kicks in. I have 2 24 hour Walmart stores around me. Seems the particular perfume gift sets and cologne sets I really want are already gone or in someones cart. I want to get there when the 50% just kicks in to get the first dibs on the sets. Thanks for any info

As someone else mentioned, the stores in the mall have great after-Christmas day sales. Although inventory is a reason why they mark down their items, I also think it has to do with returns. Most of the time if someone returns without a receipt they get the lowest sale price for it. Well if someone originally got something for $20 before Christmas but they lost the receipt, when they come to return it after Christmas it's marked down to $10. The store makes a $10 profit still, regardless.

Also I don't know when it's supposed to start, but the Victoria's Secret Semi-annual sale is supposed to start soon, anyone know when?

I think they reopen at 6. At least that's when my 24-hour WM's reopen. Yes, I am usually there for the cologne sets as well. Can't beat $9-$12 tommy, cool water or curve sets!!

Thanks. I had went the last couple of years at 8am or so and it seems ALL the really good scents are gone. I love Curve for my husband and son. I want a few perfume sets for myself too. My one Walmart is stocked full of them so want to get them as soon as the 50% starts. Great gifts to put away

This might be a little off-topic, but do the electronics stores have after christmas sales?

I am looking for a laptop. The Microcenter laptop is a great deal, but I really want one with firewire. If there are not any better deals, I might buy it and save up for an Apple.

As someone else mentioned, the stores in the mall have great after-Christmas day sales. Although inventory is a reason why they mark down their items, I also think it has to do with returns. Most of the time if someone returns without a receipt they get the lowest sale price for it. Well if someone originally got something for $20 before Christmas but they lost the receipt, when they come to return it after Christmas it's marked down to $10. The store makes a $10 profit still, regardless.

Also I don't know when it's supposed to start, but the Victoria's Secret Semi-annual sale is supposed to start soon, anyone know when?

VS Semi-Annual Sale starts in stores Jan. 3rd but I think it starts early online.

I've never really participated in the Day after Christmas shopping (except to return/exchange things), but from what I've learned, there are alot of great sales... Does anyone know if stores will send out specific ads for the day after X-mas, or will it just be 'show up and find out'? Thanks!