Do you put the presents out now or on Christmas Eve?

Melissa

Nothing goes under the tree until after the girls are asleep on Christmas Eve. Last year we tried putting out the gifts "from us" ahead of time, and then the "Santa" gifts after they fell asleep, but I think it's more exciting for them waking up on Christmas morning and seeing that pile of presents that wasn't there went they went to bed the night before!

I also put them under my tree when Iget them wrapped....they will have a few come out on christmas eve night but this is the first yr this will happen ..only because I cant wrap the beam bags..lol...my mom has them at her home 2 hrs away from the girls..lol

All of the children's presents will go out on Christmas Eve. It used to be so much easier when they were younger because they would be so tired from the holiday gathering at my family's house on Christmas Eve and then come home and flop into bed, quickly falling asleep. It's reversed now though, I want to flop into bed when I get home and they're wide awake.

We put just a couple to each kid wrapped under the tree now. Everything else will come out on Christmas Eve after they are in bed :)

Oh, but we do have all the gifts to the rest of our family (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins...) under the tree now.

~ Erin (23y/o SAHM to 3 cuties ages 3 and under)

All of the children's presents will go out on Christmas Eve. It used to be so much easier when they were younger because they would be so tired from the holiday gathering at my family's house on Christmas Eve and then come home and flop into bed, quickly falling asleep. It's reversed now though, I want to flop into bed when I get home and they're wide awake.

I here you...I'm getting the same way, last year I layed down to take a quick nap before getting them all out & almost overslept!! lol... But yes they all come out in the wee hours of christmas eve.

The presents from us are out now. We have a party on Christmas Eve after our 6 pm candlelight service at church. The kids know that only we buy clothes. Santa only brings "non clothes". That way there are no questions when they don't fit and have to take them back to the store. All of the Santa presents come out when they are asleep.I believe this is the last year for Santa for my oldest,she just turned 11. :(

In past years I have always put the presents under th tree (except for Santa

s Gifts) as I wrap them - but this year we have an addition to the family (a VERY naughty cat) that will NOT allow that! He unwraps gifts and tears up boxes... So, they are all in my craft room... I am afraid he will have to go in his cage on Christmas Eve, until we rise on Christmas morning. :(

We just had this discussion here-me and the hubby. He thinks we should just put them under the tree now. My youngest is 14 btw. I say nope. I don't care how old they are, their eyes still get that special twinkle when they wake up Christmas morning and see all the gifts under the tree and ...my kids are rotten-my 14 yo dd would unwrap her stuff in a New York minute then rewrap it. I'm sure her brothers would sneak a peek too :wife:

I have all my packages stored in the back room at my work- all wrapped- just need to throw bows on them before putting under the tree. They are safe at my work :tongue1:

The only gifts under our tree are the "to go" gifts that still need to be delivered, along with the gifts that we have recieved. I will dare to put wrapped gifts of clothing under the tree like socks and such, but nothing worhty of snooping!! Everything appears after the kids are asleep Christmas Eve!!

We don't even have our tree up yet and they're already nagging me, lol. They saw some wrapped presents from me and dh (clothes) in my room and were begging to open "just one". My 10 year old told my 5 year old to pretend like they were crying so they could open one and then the 5 year old really did start crying, lmao. The suspense is killing them. They also see all these packages come from Amazon and keep asking if they can open them, lol. Hubby has to swiftly take them off to the garage hiding area. It's a detached garage and we've been keeping the remotes well hidden!

When we get our tree up we'll put out the presents to other people (not in our family) and maybe the presents from us that are stacked in my room. Santa presents always come out after they're in bed on Christmas eve.

I believe this is the last year for Santa for my oldest,she just turned 11. :(

Isn't that so sad?! My youngest is 11 and I think she suspects, but hasn't said anything. I teach 6th grade CCD and the kids were talking about Santa at our last class. I was happy to hear many of them saying that Santa is real. The Easter Bunny was a different story!

Anyway, we don't put out the gifts until after the kids are in bed. Of course, we are usually wrapping them at the same time. I don't like wrapping. I'm really going to try to wrap this coming week, so I don't get cranky on Christmas Eve. Wish me luck!

i love the way it looks with the presents under the tree, but with the cats it's hard because the cats would tare them open trying to walk under the tree or taking th bows off so now it all goes under christmas eve. and everything gets wrapped only i don't always say it's from me i'll just put who it's for since my kids (12 and 5) know i'm the one who gets the stuff.

The only presents out right now are from other family members. Santa will bring all of his gifts and put them out after the kiddies are in bed Christmas Eve. I'll put the presents from us out the 12/23. I have a 1 year old (& a 7 y.o. and a 4 y.o) and if I had many presents out now then the baby would get into them.