Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Looking for a new host

43 replies to this topic

#31 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 14, 2004 - 11:47 am

Please do keep us posted and after a few weeks/months feel free to write up a review of your web host. I have accounts with Idologic, DotSimple and Telnap they have all treated me well :)

#32 IdologicJeff  OFFLINE  

IdologicJeff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 14, 2004 - 2:03 pm

Good luck i-bystander. Cheers Jeff

#33 i-bystander  OFFLINE  

i-bystander

still stuck in traffic...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 12:52 pm

Thanks for your responses, Jeff - they've been very helpful! :holiday10

#34 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 12:55 pm

Jeff has been extremely helpful whether it's pre-sales or support issues. Idologic is top notch in my books! You get what you pay for :)

#35 i-bystander  OFFLINE  

i-bystander

• 3,169 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 1:02 pm

Ross - I can see that now. Jeff, together with Damian, offer some of the fastest response times out there! You Idologic guys rock! :2woot:

#36 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 1:07 pm

Don't forget Andrew (andriven) who is also part of the Idologic team :)

#37 i-bystander  OFFLINE  

i-bystander

• 3,169 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 1:16 pm

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting, or hearing from, Andrew as of yet, which is why I only mentioned the first two. :D

#38 IdologicJeff  OFFLINE  

IdologicJeff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 1:19 pm

Thanks for the kind comments. We do try to be helpful, supportive, and knowledgable. I hope we are more often than not. There is pressure to justify slightly more expensive accounts. We try to justify our pricing with stability and service. I guess if people are willing to do business with us we must be equally serious about their sites. Cheers Jeff

#39 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 1:22 pm

Andrew has answered a few of my bizarre support tickets. He knows his stuff and has a great sense of humor.

#40 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,244 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 1:32 pm

well, to butt in, i don't have a reseller's account but a regular old account at hostpc.com which i switched to after my ripplehost account was turned off (and i did not want to renew.) (and come to think of it, i didn't get a renewal notice either. hmm.) if you check out their "budget" hosting plan, which is all that i need, has been good to me and the DirectAdmin is so simple to use i sometimes go "that was too easy..." i got in when it was 14.95/year (and my favorite part is that i can always renew at that price, regardless of how high their packages go up for) and i haven't had any problems at all. my domain seemed to be down last night, but when i logged into directadmin everything started working again, so it might have been just a temporary quirk. rossman guarantees are the best bet.

#41 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 1:44 pm

Cindy, thank you for butting in :) Yep HostPC.com is a bargain. I got in on the same sale for just $14.95/yr what a bargain.

#42 i-bystander  OFFLINE  

i-bystander

• 3,169 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 1:49 pm

freesia - Hello fellow former RippleHost'er! I considered HostPC.com as well, but I really wanted to integrate my two existing domains into one account, plus have the flexibility for future domains and/or clients (hopefully). DirectAdmin is so much cleaner than cPanel, and less buggy (I don't know how many times I've had to do things over and over again with cPanel). If HostPC were still offering their $14.95 plan, it would probably make things a little more difficult for me to decide! (I know you would understand that coming from RippleHost... Ross can't seem to understand that $10/mo IS a lot of money - he he he he!). Kidding aside, I agree - Ross knows his stuff. :thumbsup: What's your site? Can I take a look at it? :D

#43 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,244 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 5:35 pm

www.imawesome.com

;) there's not much up now, and i've been using it mostly to host pics for my family. i started doing a pic journal of a trip i took to thailand a few years ago but i never get around to finishing it. now i have a new pc and all my pics on the other HD. :(

i get a lot of smart asses emailing me going "your website is NOT awesome. i'm awesome. give me your domain." thankfully i've locked my domain, so TRY TO STEAL IT SUCKERS. (that and i keep on top of renewal notices.)

#44 i-bystander  OFFLINE  

i-bystander

• 3,169 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 15, 2004 - 6:59 pm

He he he - very cool domain name! Get on it, and make your page as awesome as it sounds! :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users