2 weeks until Christmas... what will you do THIS week to get ready?

3cuties4me

Can you BELIEVE there is ONLY 2 weeks left!!?? :D

Not much left at all to do here. I need to start some baking later this week! And, we did not go and see Santa last week. Last year after we saw Santa (early in December) the kids got SO excited and then the waiting was pretty miserable for them (lol)... so we are going to wait until either later this week or next Tuesday. We will probably just go next Tuesday on dh's day off... then it will be less than a WEEK until Santa comes - not too long to wait!

I think that's about it! OH - no... I have some more presents of the kids to get wrapped. This year I *AM* finishing this before Christmas Eve night! LOL! That way all I have to do is bring all the presents up from the basement, wrapped and put them under the tree. Dh will still have some things to put together... but we should be in bed at a decent time this year! Thank goodness!!!

SO.... what all will you do this week to get ready? There's only two more weeks!! It's getting CLOSE!!!!! YAY :yay:

~ Erin (23y/o SAHM to 3 cuties ages 3 and under)!

Honestly, Im on top of everything. I only need to wrap my presents to my parents then Im completely done. Stockings are all stuffed too. Cookies usually don't get made/decorated till a few days before christmas. I don't need to bake a lot so we just do it with my immediate family.

We got the tree yesterday, so we need to decorate that. Still working on the inside decor. Got all the outside lights up except I need an adapter plug to get the train plugged in. I am going for that this morning. I bought the Christmas cards and they are addressed. Just waiting on the pictures which will be in Thursday night. I am going to start wrapping tonight! I still have some shopping to do, but I will do that this coming weekend and hopefully be done in a few days.

Oh, and we have not seen Santa yet. We will probably go Thursday.

I have a TON of wrapping to do~I planned on doing it this week before the children get out for Christmas break BUT I have candy cane grams to sell at the middle school all week and I still have a few more items left to buy-mainly teachers gifts,neighbors gifts and a few relatives...Hopefully by weeks end I will be done shopping and maybe I will do the wrapping when everyones gone to bed.

For some reason this yr I just dont feel as prepared as i have in the past, maybe because I have actually been working outside the home(have run an in-home daycare for the last 5 yrs) but somehow it will all get done and the smiles on everyones faces when they open the "perfect" gift will all be worth it.

I SO LOVE this time of year!

Well, I still need to do the things I posted last week. We get did get the house rearranged last night and the tree brought in, but it will get decorated tonight. All of my gifts are wrapped, excluding the ones that will arrive last week. Still haven't gotten my cards sent out. I also need to start making fudge by the masses.

I finished my tree skirt last night, and need to make DS's blanket. I made DD's 3 months ago.

:eyepoppin WOW!! Thanks for this drastic news!!! I did not realize it. EEK!

I have alot yet to do. Let me start my list of to do things right here:

• Have kids write down their Christmas wish lists & I usually type them up for them 'so Santa can read them' ;)
  • Take kids to see Santa (sometime this week probably as the weekend's for Santa here are horrific)
  • Need to go into my special hideaway's, take everything out, and divey things up. I know my youngest is completely bought for, not sure about my son, and I know my oldest is NOT!
  • Buy more gifts for my oldest daughter
  • Do craft projects with the kids for presents for the following: Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles, neighbor, and a friend.
  • Mail out Christmas cards to family (already did my friends)
  • Decide what goody plates we will make and buy the ingredients (we give these to the neighbors, a friend, and grandparents usually - Most likely covered pretzels and homemade cookies) - We will do that probably the weekend before Christmas
Now I must ask a cooking question. We have always done a Dubuque type ham, but this year I want to do the nice hams that have a bone in them, I think they are called spirals. What is a good price on these? And what way do YOU cook them?

TIA

The price on a spiral ham will depend on where you are from. Around here, 1.70-2.00 lb is a good price. I will give you a tip though, we have bought from expensive butcher shops/grocery stores for years, and the last 2 years, my aunt got hers at Aldi's. It was by far the best ham I've ever eaten.

I would check allrecipes.com for ideas suited to your families tastes. I like a brown sugar/pineapple rub myself.

The price on a spiral ham will depend on where you are from. Around here, 1.70-2.00 lb is a good price. I will give you a tip though, we have bought from expensive butcher shops/grocery stores for years, and the last 2 years, my aunt got hers at Aldi's. It was by far the best ham I've ever eaten.

I would check allrecipes.com for ideas suited to your families tastes. I like a brown sugar/pineapple rub myself.

I can personally second the Aldi's ham-if there is one close-if not go for the inexpensive ham....you get a better price and the ham taste's no different from wal-mart or a butcher's shop....especially if you spice it up(which I dont) but my mom loves pineapple slices on hers and my bf likes a glaze on hers-me personally i go for the salty....

LOL I have a ton to do. We are going to finish shopping this weekend since it is the last week I feel comfortable shopping on line and having enough time for shipping. Have to finish painting the teachers plates. Who knows what else my brother and sis in law are coming down this weekend too so should be lots of fun. :sidesplit

All that I have left to do is buy just a few more toys for our boys (ages 5 & 4...our daughter, 10, has been finished for awhile now) and then wrap ALL of the kids gifts. My mom and step-dad are going to take the kids one night this weekend so I can get all the wrapping done. We are WAAAAAYYYY ahead of the game this year...usually DH and I are out shopping on Christmas Eve. I'll probably start my baking early next week....I always fix BIG dessert trays full of peanut butter balls, chocolate and peanut butter fudge, rice crispy treats, Chocolate no-bake cookies, Chocolate chip and sugar cookies, and few other things.

my mom and sister said the same thing..they always get there hams from aldi's now.

Everything for Christmas is done as of the first week of December. I just need to decide on what dessert I'll be taking to my grandparent's for Christmas dinner.

We completely cleaned out our closets, dressers, and clothing bins (storage) and came up with 4 of those Rubbermaid bins full of stuff for a charity. I guess that's something for someone else's Christmas. :P