Santa's Visit to the Villages

Gator Pam

Yesterday Santa came and visited all of the Villages. I had spent Friday night wrapping 80 small gifts, and dividing them by age groups and gender. That was just for my Village, the other CAs did the gifts for their own Village.

For Gator Town, it was cold yesterday morning (woke up to lows of 27º), so instead of the sodas and ice I usually set out I brewed a 25 cup urn of coffee and another urn of hot water. I had boxes of four different Swiss Miss cocoa mixes, various black, green, herbal, and fruit tea bags, and a box of instant hot apple cider. Small bowls of sugar and Splenda (labled for those who couldn't tell the difference by looking), and a half gallon of milk in a pot of ice.

I also put out three bottles of differrent flavored Juicy Juice for the littles. I made a platter of five varieties of store bought cookies, and called the food part done.

I had decorated two trees, one on either side of the fireplace in the Commons Room, the weekend after Thanksgiving. I had requested permission to have a fire going if it was a cold day when Santa visited back in October and was told I needed to wait for the chimney to be inspected. It never happened, so no fire yesterday.

I put the padded chair for Santa in front of the fireplace between the two trees, and suspended a wreath with garland wrapped around it from above the mantle so it was seen behind Santa.

I was not the one taking pictures, but I do hope they come out well. I'll post a link to them when they go up on the website for anyone who wants to see them.

I had several residents tell me this was a really nice program. It put a really bittersweet ending to the whole day for me, as it was my last official program before I have to resign due to us moving out of the Village...