You know what I miss?!?

magickallight

I miss my childhood – where when a Christmas special came on TV – you KNEW that was the only time you would see it that year… and the WHOLE family would gather around the TV and watch it together… THAT was Christmas!;)

Now… it’s like… "Tivo it, Mom – I’ll watch it when my OTHER SHOWS aren’t on!…":eek:

I may be getting old – but, darn… I miss the old days! :(

I hadn't thought about it, but you're right. They play many of the classic Christmas specials so often you no longer feel as though it's the one chance to see it. Oh, and magickallight, did you watch Paul Shannon send letters to Santa on the North Pole Rocket when you were little?

I hadn't thought about it, but you're right. They play many of the classic Christmas specials so often you no longer feel as though it's the one chance to see it. Oh, and magickallight, did you watch Paul Shannon send letters to Santa on the North Pole Rocket when you were little?

I can't remember - Paul Shannon sounds familiar - but it has been SO LONG!

I don't know if I am sorry to say or glad to say it, but no I don't have this problem. We do not own a TIVO, and I am sure my kids know nothing TIVO either.

I see that some of you are already watching Rudolph and the such, anyone know when these shows come on the main channels of ABC or CBS or NBC? We only have analog cable ($12/mo) and only get 2-22. :(

TIA

I miss my childhood – where when a Christmas special came on TV – you KNEW that was the only time you would see it that year… and the WHOLE family would gather around the TV and watch it together… THAT was Christmas!;)

Now… it’s like… "Tivo it, Mom – I’ll watch it when my OTHER SHOWS aren’t on!…":eek:

Yes this was my son this evening, I made him TiVo wrestling....my dd (4) wanted to watch Rudolph, Frosty and Frosty "BATURNS"....so I made popcorn and we watched!

Yes this was my son this evening, I made him TiVo wrestling....my dd (4) wanted to watch Rudolph, Frosty and Frosty "BATURNS"....so I made popcorn and we watched!

LOL I wish we had Tivo because DS would have been watching with us instead of wrestling. As it was I was not up for the fight tonight.

I agree I miss sitting waiting to see what came one and as someone previously said the world did stop for that 30-60mins.

I don't know if I am sorry to say or glad to say it, but no I don't have this problem. We do not own a TIVO, and I am sure my kids know nothing TIVO either.

I see that some of you are already watching Rudolph and the such, anyone know when these shows come on the main channels of ABC or CBS or NBC? We only have analog cable ($12/mo) and only get 2-22. :(

TIA

Rudolph was on regular old CBS on Friday nite at 8/7central.

I was just thinking the same exact thing last night when Rudolph was on, if the kids didn't want to watch it then it didn't matter cause I Tivo'd it. It doesn't have the same meaning I guess if you can watch it whenever you want, sounds strange but I know exactly what you mean.