Scholastic Book Warehouse sales

RobD

DS's daycare is having a book fair next week. Does anyone know if I can use the coupon there?

I highly doubt they'll take it. It says for the warehouse sale only and it would defeat the purpose at a fundraiser.

I went to my local sale today and walked out almost $200 poorer, but with loads of great gifts from GBA games to Klutz books. Well worth the trip!!

It's $10 off if you spend $50. I wish it was $10 off every $50, but since the books are already 1/2 off, it's a great deal.

By the way, for those last minute Christmas gifts, they had the Jan Brett Who's That Knocking on my Door on Christmas Eve? in both hardcover and paperbac (paperback ends up being $2), as well as the Santa Claus story book (I collect Christmas books--so they caught my eye).

Don't forget reference books--ryhming dictionary, thesaurs, foriegn language. Bought books on Castles (DD will do medievel history), required reading books (she likes her own copy--and for $2-3 I will indulge her).

I highly doubt they'll take it. It says for the warehouse sale only and it would defeat the purpose at a fundraiser.

I went to my local sale today and walked out almost $200 poorer, but with loads of great gifts from GBA games to Klutz books. Well worth the trip!!

Hmmmm...I wish I saw this post earlier and I might have gone this morning. I didn't realize they had Klutz books.

I haven't gone to the sale this time,but have many times in the past. our warehouse always has a large area where the books are in huge boxes and are sold by the pound! We have gotten awesome deals on books, kits (have to make sure they are complete), and all sorts of other things. But can't go this time, car trouble.

Thanks dtwdmaty! At this point, I think I just have an addiction to coupons and can't handle paying full price it there's a coupon out there.

I live near one and they have sales about 3 -4 times a year. A few months ago they had one "nothing over $5." Those are awesome.

This one wasn't bad though and got DS books and those magnetic building sets for $6. They do have some toys, Gameboy games, puzzles, PC CDs as well as books. Definitely worth checking out.

http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/events/warehouse/index.asp?sa_campaign=internal_ads/bookfairs/gateway/tout21/cawse_holiday2 will tell you if there is a site near you and then you can register online to get the $10 off coupon.

I Love these sales! :yup:

One of our High School's does this the first weekend of December each year as a fundraisier for giving books to needy families. I always go and spend too much. This year I finished off the Lemony Snicket Series for our kids.

I'm in a little trouble after spending 3+ hours here. Thanks for this post - for a little over $200 (yiKes!) I managed to walk away with Real Simple Meals for $10, Leapster Animal Genius for $10, and 20 chapter books, DK Publishing's encyclopedia like paper backs my son LOVES, and several parenting, teaching resource, and cookbooks - just a little something for all of San Antonio. Love it! Looking to volunteer at the warehouse after the holidays!!!

Just spent over a hour last night at the book fair. I spent about $60 after my coupon. The one I went to was not a working warehouse (Grove City, Oh) so they said they may not have as much as other locations. Oh well, I still got some cute things. I bought plenty of paperbacks for younger grades at $2/each, a cookbook for about $7, magic card trick book and cards for $4.50, a farm animal play set with book thing for $4.50, and even a paperback for myself for only $4.00. I even found an entertainment book there, not half off, but I've been having a hard time finding them locally :)

I went last week and bought a ton of stuff. Some good stocking stuffers! I was about 3 bucks short of being able to use my coupon when I thought I was well over so got to grab a few extra things! I was very happy with my trip! Thanks for the thread!!!! I'd have never known about it otherwise!!!!:D

I just got back and spent about 2 hours there with my 18 month old. He was surprisingly good. My 4 year old is getting so many books for Christmas. I also got books for my two nieces and two nephews and even the 18 month old. And myself. I spent $47 after the coupon. I got a Leapster game (the Animal Genius) one for $10 and they also had the I Spy one there. I was looking for Magic Treehouse and they only had a couple of them (the regular ones, not the Merlin ones or the reference ones-looking for a 6 year old), but I still got a ton of stuff. When I checked out they gave me a $5 off of $25 coupon to come back. Which I will probably do tomorrow. Mine (Kennesaw, GA) is having another small sale in January and then another big one in May. The place was awesome. :) Thanks for reminding me to check!

I just got back and spent about 2 hours there with my 18 month old. He was surprisingly good. My 4 year old is getting so many books for Christmas. I also got books for my two nieces and two nephews and even the 18 month old. And myself. I spent $47 after the coupon. I got a Leapster game (the Animal Genius) one for $10 and they also had the I Spy one there. I was looking for Magic Treehouse and they only had a couple of them (the regular ones, not the Merlin ones or the reference ones-looking for a 6 year old), but I still got a ton of stuff. When I checked out they gave me a $5 off of $25 coupon to come back. Which I will probably do tomorrow. Mine (Kennesaw, GA) is having another small sale in January and then another big one in May. The place was awesome. :) Thanks for reminding me to check!

I was at that exact same one yesterday and they did have some Merlin Magic Tree House books, on the 1st aisle walking in...you might want to check back. They told me to check back for the book The Eldest ~ on Friday or Saturday! The sale in Jan is usually really small and they will have some software and such for like $5!

eta: maybe you are looking for the regular ones and not the merlin ones...sorry, I think I mis-understood!!