Scholastic Book Warehouse sales

RobD

Scholastic books is having their warehouse sales across the country. They are wonderful! All titles are 50% off the cover price. They have primarily children's books, but they also have some adult titles, reference works, and software. Another great thing is that Scholastic has a lot of books available in soft cover that are not available through regular retail channels so that makes them even cheaper! (Series of Unfortunate Events is one example.) It says you have to be a teacher, librarian, administrator or homeschooler, but no one has ever asked me (although I am a librarian in training.) When I sign in at the desk, I just put down that I am a book fair volunteer (which isn't a lie) but no one checks credentials. Follow the link at www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/warehouse and access the list of states to see if there is a location in your area.

RobD

Are these sales any better than what you can get from ordering from the club? I have teacher status, so I get bonus points, free books, etc, when ordering from the catalogs. I just wondered if it were worth driving, because it's 2 hours away, and we're completely snowed in, LOL!

Thanks for the tip on the coupon. That makes it even better! I've never walked out of there without spending $100 so that will be used. I'm not sure about the deal comparison for teachers. It is a flat 50% off the cover price. Here in TN, the sale runs through 12/19, so maybe your snow will have melted by then. :)

RobD

They usually have some computer games; can't remember seeing any video system games. They are usually more of the educational type or book character inspired games, due to the fact that all the items available are for book fair and school book club sales.

RobD

I have seen computer games - just bought a Harry Potter Lego one at the last summer sale. Last year's December sale, I saw books, teaching materials, computer games, activity sets - like wooden dinosaur puzzles, glow in the dark human body bones, etc. I can't remember if there were any video system games though. I am going to ours this weekend and it's worth it for an hour drive. Of course, another mom and I go and we make a day of it - shopping and having lunch.

This may be a silly question, but if I am not a homeschooler or a teacher (or librarian), but just a parent who wants to purchase books for her child, am I able to shop?

It looks like (from the website), that only people associated with homeschooling or regular school are allowed... I know, I can just say that I homeschool, but my daughter is 3.

Just wondering... :)

I have gone for years--I think I put volunteer in...honestly they don't care as long as you pay the bill.

A couple of things to keep in mind--these are working warehouses. Can be cold, can be dusty, etc. Staff is helpful, but limited. I have bought books (preschool to adult, gift books, cook books, craft books), Klutz kits, American Girl materials (books, kits, etc), stocking stuffers, lots of stuff. On the computer items, make sure they are compatible with your operating software (a friend got stuck there). And they always seem to have a lot of Harry Potter stuff (books, journals, sticker, whatever). Next movie is out in July, if you think that would peak anyone's interest.

Can you tell I love this sale?????

My son brought a note home last night about this sale. They called it a "customer appreciation" sale and everyone was invited. Nothing in his note about teachers or librarians! His note also mentioned the on-line sign up to recieve the $10 coupon

Thanks for the heads up. I attended one of these last year and found some great deals. I would recommend signing up online - the lady gave me a bit of a hard time since I am not affiliated with a school. I just signed up online as a volunteer and it was very simple!

the warehouse near me says sign up not required (and doesn't give you anywhere to do so). Does anyone know if I register for another location if I can use the coupon at the location nearest me? Or does the coupon specifically state the location you registered with?

the warehouse near me says sign up not required (and doesn't give you anywhere to do so). Does anyone know if I register for another location if I can use the coupon at the location nearest me? Or does the coupon specifically state the location you registered with?

I registered for the sale in Lewis Center OH and at the bottom of the coupon it has that locations address and hours of sale. However in the body of the coupon it says "valid at Scholastic Book Fairs Warehouse locations only. Coupon applied after all discounts. One coupon per event."

I would think from the way the terms read that they could be used at any of the sales.

I registered for the sale in Lewis Center OH and at the bottom of the coupon it has that locations address and hours of sale. However in the body of the coupon it says "valid at Scholastic Book Fairs Warehouse locations only. Coupon applied after all discounts. One coupon per event."

I would think from the way the terms read that they could be used at any of the sales.

Hey neighbor thanks for the info. I want to go to the Grove City one since that is closer, but I may register for the Lewis Center one to get the coupon. :)

It's a great place for stocking stuffers. I got tons of Happy Bunny stuff last year. At 50% off, it's a great place to shop. As my kids get older, I often have a hard time finding things as most of the stock is geared toward K-5th graders.

Anything you've ever seen in the Scholastic book flyer you can find at this sale.

Back from the sale. I got several books for DD and cousins, including Eragon, the Ballpark book (great for baseball fans, especially at half off. Huge baseball fiels shaped book.) They also had the new Mismantle Chronicles book (hardcover) . the new Peter Pan (Peter Pan in Scarlet) the Neverland books (Peter and the Starcatcher, Peter and ???), some Pirates of the Caribeen items, Charlotte's Web movie books (and the traditional book),lots of cookbooks, resource books--dictionaries, rhyming dictionaries, etc, adult fiction in harcover.Christmas books and stocking stuffs. I didn't look at the computer items, just not something we are interested in, but they seemed to have a lot of it. And I got a $5 off next purchase coupon.