Kohl's tips and deals - New clearance 2/12 and 2/13

Guest RealLivePrinces

Guest RealLivePrinces
Sorry to doublepost. The Kohl's ad through Christmas Eve is up on the site. There will be Kohl's cash on the 22nd-24th. This ends my regular dealbreaking posts, but I'll stick around a bit longer for return questions. :)

Here's just a few random tips to add to my BF list:

1. Our big sale days are on Wednesdays and weekends. Even if you don't see it advertised, that's when you'll get our lowest prices of the week.

2. Most stores are open until at least 11pm every day until after the holidays. Overnight work generally starts at 10pm. Thus, if you come in Tuesday and Thursday nights and see an ad set team setting signs with lower prices, just tell the cashier and we'll honor them.

3. Quick Return Guide aka everything associates (or at least this one!) would like customers to know BEFORE returning an item.

4. Through December, every Wednesday is a senior's day. Also, you'll get 15% just for applying for a Kohl's charge instead of our usual 10%.

I'm a department supervisor on the west coast, so I usually get the ads a couple weeks in advance. If you'd like me to keep an eye out for something, let me know. :) I can also handle specific Customer Service, Jewelry and Beauty questions.

My best experience with Kohl's...

If you decide to return and have gotten a great sale price on an item (ex: $15.99 but the "regular" price is marked $44. They will let you do an even exchange for any item in the store as long as the regular marked prices are exact. Can get tricky...sometimes it is just 1 penny off. None-the-less, something to watch!)

Next, the clearance section online can have some great deals when the season changes. You have to watch it frequently, as many sizes get grabbed up. I was able to snatch a pr. of LEE capris for $7 (pd. $20 in the spring for them). Of course, you have to wait for great shipping deals, too.

Sorry to doublepost. The Kohl's ad through Christmas Eve is up on the site. There will be Kohl's cash on the 22nd-24th. This ends my dealbreaking posts, but I'll stick around a bit longer for return questions. :)

Hi! I hope you do stick around and check back every now and then! Ive enjoyed your posts, really appreciate the tips and Kohls is my fav! Happy 2007!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RealLivePrinces

Can I doublepost? :\

FYI: There is a Power Hours sale this weekend. And starting the 21st, it's our annual Intimates price break sale: 11.99 & 9.99 bras, and 2.99 & 3.99 panties. Even if your store has not already done the racks for them, they're still in the register as an unadvertised sale price now! Use price checkers before you ring them out, you might get a happy surprise! :)

ETA: Oh. There's also senior days on 1/23 and 1/24.

Guest RealLivePrinces

We carry tall stuff in store... look for the extra T after sizes. Big is online only for vendor contract reasons. The best way you can show your desire for big in store is to fill out a comment card or do the online survey when you go in the store. :)

I can't promise week to week deals anymore because due to my promotion I don't have as much time! lol. But if I happen to hear something not already on the boards, I'll pass it along.

RLP - do you know when there will be another round of clearance mark downs? The stores I frequent in Appleton and Neenah, WI have TONS of clearance but the prices aren't that great. The current clearance prices are currently what they were before Christmas on the bonus buys. I'd love a heads up on new markdowns so I can have the selection at cheaper prices! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :smirk:

Guest RealLivePrinces

Second week of February. Existing clearance will be 80% off Feb. 2 and 3.

Stores not using gold star clearance: your exact-price clearance will be under a Winter Price Break, which is roughly comparable.

Second week of February. Existing clearance will be 80% off Feb. 2 and 3.

Stores not using gold star clearance: your exact-price clearance will be under a Winter Price Break, which is roughly comparable.

Hi is this going to be for all Kohls? I love these sales, but haven't found one lately..

Thanks for your input...

Jackie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RealLivePrinces
2.12 and 2.13: New clearance rolls over. 'Gold star' stores are at 60%. 'Red star' stores are at 60%, 70%, AND 80%. (If corporate determined the item had slow sell-through, it now skips the 60% level entirely). Just doublecheck the tags.

Guest RealLivePrinces

'Red star' clearance was coined by someone here on GD. The easiest way is to look at the clearance sign 'topper':

Old 'gold star clearance' has a black and white sign with a large gold star. Right now it'll say 60% (off original price when you take an additional 33% off reduced clearance prices).

New 'red star clearance' is a bright red sign with a gold star and savings off (60, 70, 80, 85, 60-80%, 70-80% and 70-85%) on white, in red text.

New clearance also has the exact dollar amount you pay and exact percentage off on the ticket. :)