Questions about Leapster

outnumbered

I see it regularly sells for $70 and has a $10 rebate...how long is the rebate deal going to last? Also--does it come with any games, or is that $70 for the Leapster itself only, and you have to pay for games to be able to actually use it?

Is the $99 deal at Sam's Club (Leapster, case, 2 games) the best deal out there on it? I am seriously considering this for my soon-to-be-5-year-old's birthday just after Christmas, but it is just SO expensive. It would be the only gift he got from us and we'd probably have to use some relative gift money towards it as well.

Oh, I'd never buy from anyone with iffy feedback. That's just asking for it. What gets me about the Leapsters (and other stuff) on there is that apparently no other ebayers know that they can actually buy Leapsters at just about any store...the auctions are going for right around the same price you get in stores--and then on top of that there's shipping. I saw the $99 Sam's Club bundles selling for well over $100. Okay, so maybe those people aren't Sam's members. And the red and pink Leapsters--yeah, those might be hard to find. But the regular games and the regular Leapsters--why on earth are those selling for more on ebay than you can pay at TRU/Target/Walmart? It makes no sense.

The auctions are starting at 9.99, which is sucking people in...and then they wind up bidding way past the buy it now price. So I feel kinda smart right now for just going ahead with the BIN.

And I will still get the rebate...I'll have to buy the thing in a store, request a gift receipt, then return it using the gift receipt (that way I get a cash register reciept for it, the seller says he doesn't have it)...but I have the rebate form already and with the receipt and UPC I can do the rebate. So my end price is going to be under $50. Yay!

Oh, and another ebay rant, LOL--someone on there is selling the rebate forms for $1. I printed mine for free off amazon. Why are people buying those?