Wow! Huge savings today!

MarkRaby

I almost felt like it was another Black Friday today. I'm so excited about my savings that I just had to make a thread here. First off, Meijer had a one-day only sale today. In their flyer for today, they had coupons such as "$6 off any item $30 or more", "$8 off any item $40 or more", etc.

Of course, on top of that, they had some good deals. Only one really caught my eye. It was for a Melitta coffeemaker. If you bought a $40 pack of coffee, you got the coffeemaker for free ($50 value). Plus, that big variety pack of coffee is regularly $45. Plus, I had my $8 off coupon for that.

I ended up buying two of these (one for mom, one for grandma). Two free $50 coffeemakers, plus $5 off the regular price of the coffee, plus the $8 off coupon for both totals $126 in savings.

Onto Borders (much less spectacular) where I had a coupon for 10% off -- but they had John Stewart's "America: The Book" for half off, which I really wanted. So I saved $12.50 there, plus another $6 from the 10% off coupon ($18.50 total savings).

Finally, I hit Media Play where they were having a triple points day for their frequent shopper program (Replay). I got a lot of stuff that was on sale (won't go into all the details) and saved a total of $40. Plus, because of the triple points, I spent enough to get back a $35 Replay certificate ($75 total savings).

So when you total it all up, that's $219.50 I saved today (and I only spent about $350 -- so it's basically like I got 62% off everything I bought). I know nobody except me would care about this, but I just felt like writing it down somewhere ;).

--Mark--

GJ Mark..saving money is always a good feeling. :) I love when everything works in your favor too. IE coupons + sale + other promotions. I mean, most people would be happy with just a sale. When I get something on sale, bring that SOB down even more with a coupon and then their going to give me something free for buying it? Its always a good day when that happens.

Our Borders refuses to accept the 10% off coupons (or any other % coupons) on items that are in clearance, already discounted for whatever reason, or on sale. They say that is "corporate policy" and their cash registers won't allow it either. Can you tell us how you managed to get around that problem ???

Our Borders refuses to accept the 10% off coupons (or any other % coupons) on items that are in clearance, already discounted for whatever reason, or on sale. They say that is "corporate policy" and their cash registers won't allow it either. Can you tell us how you managed to get around that problem ???

Wow. I've never had that happen to me. I encountered no problem whatsoever using my 10% off coupon with the book that was on sale (and it was only like a 3-day sale I believe). Maybe because I bought some other stuff, he didn't really notice it. But obviously, the register had no problem accepting it.

--Mark--