Costco Opening in Columbus, Ohio

mpauley5

:eyepoppin If you live in Columbus, Ohio ................this past Saturday I got in the mail a registration form for a Costco membership and if you join you get a $20.00 Costco Cash Card when you join as a Gold Star or Executive Member. Offer expires December 24, 2006.

We had a Costco just open in West Nashville, Tennessee. The offer is a $10 gift card for getting a Cosco membership and a $20 gift card if you get a membership AND sign up for a credit card.

By the way our new Costco had a pallet of Tickle me Elmo's on opening day!!! Limit one per membership. They were gone in 20 minutes!!

Costco is only open to sign up for the card Monday-Saturday 10am-5:30pm right now. Store opens Wednesday Nov 29th at 8am according to the mailer. The inside has an application form for Gold Star $50 membership, Executive Membership upgrade plus $50 more, Costco AMEX true earnings on one form. You can only pay for the membership by cash, check, or another pre-existing AMEX card. There is no place on the application that says anything about the Costco Cash Card so you probably do not need the mailer. The address is 1500 Gemini Place(that is the road that the new I-71 exit is going to open at) It is right off of Lyra Dr which is the road which circles around Polaris Mall. Regular hours are published as Mon-Fri 11am-8:30pm Sat 9:30am-6pm Sun 10am-6pm with executive members being able to go in at 10am Mon-Fri. Too bad they aren't openning until after Black Friday. I live about 2 miles from Polaris, but my Mom and brother's family live in Mount Vernon. Small world:)

Costco is only open to sign up for the card Monday-Saturday 10am-5:30pm right now. Store opens Wednesday Nov 29th at 8am according to the mailer. The inside has an application form for Gold Star $50 membership, Executive Membership upgrade plus $50 more, Costco AMEX true earnings on one form. You can only pay for the membership by cash, check, or another pre-existing AMEX card. There is no place on the application that says anything about the Costco Cash Card so you probably do not need the mailer. The address is 1500 Gemini Place(that is the road that the new I-71 exit is going to open at) It is right off of Lyra Dr which is the road which circles around Polaris Mall. Regular hours are published as Mon-Fri 11am-8:30pm Sat 9:30am-6pm Sun 10am-6pm with executive members being able to go in at 10am Mon-Fri. Too bad they aren't openning until after Black Friday. I live about 2 miles from Polaris, but my Mom and brother's family live in Mount Vernon. Small world:)

Thanks for all the info.. I was wondering how much the membership was. If you can get the $20 or $30GC, that's not too bad a deal. I am actually in Apple Valley, but we are in Mt. Vernon all the time to shop and eat. It's a nice, quiet area to live.

mpauley5: Let us know and thanks for checking.

Costco has a table set up in front of the play area at the Polaris mall. There is a sign up stating that the $20 or $30 Costco card offer expires Dec 24 and they were signing people up at the mall. Do not have to have the flyer. Gave me a double sheet of coupons for CD's DVD's and Books valid for different dates. example: $35 instant savings on M*A*S*H complete series DVD set, $20 instant savings on A & E gift sets, $10 assorted Christmas Classics DVD, $5 Better H&G Cookbook, $5 assorted topics DVDS(i.e fighter pilots, America's Automotive Museums, etc) ,and $5 assorted Disney DVD's are the first week through 12/3. 6 different coupons each week ending 12/18-2/24. There was also a holiday catalog-but no prices-the catalog states that prices may vary nationally. Some items in the catalog are instore only, others online only.

I didn't sign up, just asked a few questions-I may go to the openning on Wed, but not certain how my day will go.

Costco is nicer than Sam's (IMHO).

Rascal, Costco is a great place to buy electronics. They take back anything and everything. Just in case you have a problem.

Mom & Fig; I grew up in Newark and attened Ashland U. My grandparents lived in Gambier. It is a small world!

Went to the grand opening this afternoon. They handed out 2 other sets of coupons, one set for $3 off of meat, deli, apples, baked goods etc. The other set was for $ off of specific items. The gas station there only accepts Costco gift cards, or American Express-no CASH!!!!! They had attendents by each set of pumps to make certain people knew. Gas was $2.07/gal for regular unleaded. This was good because the stations on the way there had raised to $2.26 or higher after noon today. Quite a few people where surprised that Visa and Mastercard were not accepted-they will accept debit cards with pin #, checks and cash in the store as well as the AMEX.

Only bought a few things-Tillamook extra sharp cheddar cheese(yummmm), bacon, stuffed ravioli, peaches, 800 count of 24# printer paper by Xerox for $5.99 (ran out this am :) ). I'll head out again on Sunday with Mom, we'll end up splitting some baked goods, etc.

If you don't have the 6 pack of Christmas favorite DVD's (Rudolph, Frosty, Little Drummer Boy, etc) with the coupon good this week, it is $12.99.

There were free samples of food everywhere-many people bought the rotisserie chicken for $4.99-especially after tasting it. They even had samples of regular and decaf coffee!!!!. I know I'll end up buying deli items, the premade salads and dinners looked very tempting. Other samples were pomengrante juice blend, yougart, trail mix, cashews, mixed nuts, cashew/almond bark, 3 varieties of wrapped shrimp, meatballs, bacon, ham, roast beef, fresh monzarella, pumpkin pie, ice cream, cream puffs/assorted mini pastries, smoked salmon, hummus, Rothschild spread, Belgian chocolates, and MORE!!!!! Don't eat before you go. You do NOT have to buy a membership to go in, or show a card to look around unlike Sam's Club.

I bargain shop quite a bit-the prices on some things here are equal or lower than sale prices on some food items. Other prices, like candy bars, canned goods etc, were lower than everyday-but higher than sale. There are many items I don't see in the regular grcoery stores and the Christmas gift baskets, toys, etc were fun to see.

NOW, will others please post what they think? Please.......

I didn't get to the Polaris area last night until about 7pm and I couldn't believe how much the parking lot was packed. The spots were full, so people were parked all over the place. I still managed to get a great spot, only to find out the whole thing about only cash, check, or amex when I got in line inside. Didn't have any of these nor do I know the pin to my debit card, so I just picked up an application. I knew they would probably still let me in, but it looked like a madhouse and I had other shopping to do. I'll probably go back next week during a weekday when it's less busy. I am hosting my family Christmas party so I am excited to get the $30 to spend on some appetizers. You do get the $30 in GCs right after you sign up, right?