DEAD? Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" Plasma HDTV - $1,169.99 Shipped @ Circuit City

Brad

Any purchase over $1000 that I plan on keeping for at least 5 years kind of forces my hand on the service plan.

I will be honest and say that Consumer Reports says not to do it, and it's just how they suck you in, since all products have at least a year's manufacturer's warranty.

What bugs me is with the manufacturer warranty, you're responsible for shipping it. This is a 42" TV. I'd much rather pay the $300 up front and know someone will come to my house whenever I need them to.

Do most of you recommend the service plan? This will be my first large electronics purchase.

So they're saying if you bring in a local merchant flyer showing $1299, they'll price adjust? If so, I can try and dig up my Comp USA flyer and send it to you. I hate to see people get screwed.

I called another Sears and they told me to go to the Sears where I made the purchase it at and not bring them a price match receipt. I went back and pleaded with the department manager that this was a legit deal but he was like well I have to go directly to the CC site and see this. Of course the coupon does not show then because you have to go through the gottadeal link and then to the cc site. None of the Sears I have been to will just look at a screen print. The same two dudes and same electronics department manager have been there every time. This item is now selling for $2009 and they think I am a nut trying to get this thing for half price. ! Of course I pretended like I still have the item in the box and they would rather me bring this back and then go to Circuit City and get the deal rather than deal with dealing with the price match.

Side note..While I waited forever for someone to assist me...saw a couple spend over 3 grand for a huge Sony 1080p and then the salesman and another backup went into the warranty spill and it about came to the point where the couple was about to walk out and not take the deal. They were getting pissed! Another family had been told a Disney VCR/DVD combo was in stock to replace one they must have got and did not work. When they got there another one was not in stock. They were not happy. The electronics department manager basically no remorse for them (nothing like I will help you with this ...more like you Mr & Mrs Customer need to call/do this) Dad got furious and boisterous with Mom adding an occasional word. Unhappy customers all the way around at this Sears. Not enough salespeople on the floor for the traffic they were getting and where they are located. All along over the loudspeaker messages that Sears wants to please the customer.

I just called my BB and spoke with mgr. He said he would match Sears(Sears price is $1799) which is $1169(sears matching the cc price) minus 10% price difference of $63 for a bottom line of $1106. I'm going in tomorrow to get it. Plus my co worker just got a bb 10% off coupon in the mail, so I'm going to push my luck and see if I can use that on the $1106 price! Wish me luck!

This is what I was told at Sears today -

If it is a local merchant to the Sears you are price matching at is advertised local or on the web they are supposed to price match. The issue I had today was the -130 coupon that got added in the shopping cart on the CC special. Sears policy does have an exclusion statement saying they do not match competitor coupons (which in this case was added to the cart total). The manager also told me when the price is checked it has to be by going directly to the site (in this case going directly to Circuit City's web site versus going to gottadeal.com and then clicking on a link to the CC site).

If you get a price match at Sears for the CC deal, feel lucky because according to their policy they are not supposed to do this for an added coupon in the shoppng cart. Right now the deal I have is for 1267 plus tax (price match on the 1299). I was just trying to sweeten the deal to the one around 1106 that ohwhyme got by going back to Sears and price matching.

9mmbullitt....if you can use a 10% coupon on top of all the other price matching stuff against the 1106 that will be very impressive.

Someone is now saying the BF Price will be $1169 at Circuit City. Will Sears price match this during the Black Friday hours?

I just grabbed this sucker and yes the coupon worked. $1169.00 B4 tax! CHHHHH CHING! I will be happy to run through the steps, but it appears everyone has figured it out. If not, give a holler and I'll try to help.

You guys kill me! And I thought I went balls out to get the best deals. HHHHHHHA! It's clear to me that you guys are the MASTERS! To 9mmbullitt... I tip my cap to you my friend.

I called Sears and spoke to an electronics. If the 42' plasma is an all day sale Friday/all weekend at CC for 1199, take the advertisement to Sears and they will price match CC's sale for the specified time period at 1169 plus 10% of the difference on purchases and in the last 30 days. The salesperson did state Sears would not price match the 5-11 door busters..so hopefully the CC sale on this one is not a door buster (5-11 deal) in the ad for Friday.

I was beginning to lick my chops because I have a 10% off coupon at CC (10% of 1199?)on all TV's $199 from my 2006 Entertainment Guide Book but it says sales items are excluded so I am just going to head back to Sears and do the price matching if the item is an all day/weekend sale.

I hope 9mmbullitt lets us know if his 10% coupon deal goes through.

I bought this tv this morning with the 10% off coupon through Circuit City and am VERY excited! I wont be going out for BF this year since I dont need anything else, but the tv is going to be delivered to me on Friday! :D I was going to head to CompUSA today to buy it for $1299.99 there as today was the last day of the sale, so I'm SO glad I checked here first! Thank you, thank you, thank you to Brad and Ross for keeping the site so updated!

This is an early Christmas present for my hubby and he will be out of town through Sunday, so I plan on having it all setup and surprising him when he comes back home on Sunday night! Cant wait!!!! :D

I just called my BB and spoke with mgr. He said he would match Sears(Sears price is $1799) which is $1169(sears matching the cc price) minus 10% price difference of $63 for a bottom line of $1106. I'm going in tomorrow to get it. Plus my co worker just got a bb 10% off coupon in the mail, so I'm going to push my luck and see if I can use that on the $1106 price! Wish me luck!

Well, I just got home from BB. Got the Panny for $1106.99. Couldn't get them lower, but I'm ok with this. Not worth camping out for hours at BB Thursday to save $107. Plus, I got 18 months interest free. Thanks to this site, the updates and info saved me a bunch of $$$$!

This thread has become addictive to see who gets the best deal. I need to watch the plasma some instead of reading this thread. What would be cool would be to hear someone who got it for $999 at BB...how long did they camp out? War stories?....I guess BB will hand out tickets for these since these are items you just can't pick up. Nah not worth the $100 bucks camping out and dealing with the elements and line crashers.

Anyone who whips out a competitor's 10% coupon once they get a price match and gets it accepted will be the master at this because I was told that just isn't possible.

Anyone who whips out a competitor's 10% coupon once they get a price match and gets it accepted will be the master at this because I was told that just isn't possible.

I did have the 10% BB coupon in my hand but the salesman noticed it and stated right away it could not be used on this price match. Worth a try anyway. It'll be interesting to see what the price of this tv is come Super Bowl time. They always have good tv sales then.

The box is kind of big. You will need some help with it. You do not want to lay this box flat. Price matching at BB seems like a nice option at this point. You will be lucky if you get Sears to pricematch this deal plus 10%. All I can do now is hope a local merchant drops the standard $1299 price that is now in my area.

Why are stores dealing this TV? Both BB and Tweeter will have it for $999 on black friday. BB has at least 5 per store, while Tweeter will order at that price if they don't have it.

Is a bigger, better model coming out? It really is a nice picture, so it can't be because of being inferior.

WOW! I just got back from Sears and they price matched the cc price (based on the order summary) and took 10% off. Walked away with the pani for 1106.99 plus tax. Guess I'll just sleep in on BF.

Did they give you the rebate for $200 towards installation costs?

I did have the 10% BB coupon in my hand but the salesman noticed it and stated right away it could not be used on this price match. Worth a try anyway. It'll be interesting to see what the price of this tv is come Super Bowl time. They always have good tv sales then.

Yeah I had a Sears 10% off also at my time of purchase but they would not take it on top of a price match. They almost did and I about got away with it.

Yeah, I might hold out for the Super Bowl- they have excellent deals then, but I bet this model will be gone; if not, it will probably be $999, and I won't have to wait in the rain or use my ninja moves to protect myself from the mobs!

k, i'm a little ticked. I've been reading everywhere that tweeter is going to have it for 999. I just got off the phone with a guy from tweeter, he was reading off an email that he just got in regards to this sale. He told me that you get it for 1299 and then you get a 300 dollar gift certificate, which he restated that the 300 gc cannot be used on that current purchase. so it sort of is like 999, but not really.. i guess if you need a home theater system this is a good idea. but you'll still have to pay the extra tax on the 1299 product.

if someone can confirm whether this is completely true or not, let me know. Supposedly this info WILL be posted on tweeter's website starting tomorrow. hope this helps.

I just grabbed this sucker and yes the coupon worked. $1169.00 B4 tax! CHHHHH CHING! I will be happy to run through the steps, but it appears everyone has figured it out. If not, give a holler and I'll try to help.

You guys kill me! And I thought I went balls out to get the best deals. HHHHHHHA! It's clear to me that you guys are the MASTERS! To 9mmbullitt... I tip my cap to you my friend.

How do you get the CC coupon applied? Appreciate it if you can run through the steps. I need to buy this TV as a gift.