DEAD? Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" Plasma HDTV - $1,169.99 Shipped @ Circuit City

Brad

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/list/pan/EC.PAN.TH42PX60U.JPG

HOT! CircuitCity.com has the popular Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" Plasma HDTV for $1,169.99 with free delivery (or in-store pickup). To get this amazing deal, click here: 10% coupon to activate a 10% discount coupon. Then search for TH-42PX60U to find the HDTV and add it to your cart. 10% savings will be reflected during checkout.

Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" Plasma HDTV - $1,169.99 Delivered @ Circuit City

Save 10% on $199+ Purchase (Expires November 30, 2006)

dude, Brad, it told me that it was invalid (it might be because the coupon technically is supposed to not include this model of tv..?), could you send a link to a final checkout page so I can print it out for a pricematch? or reconfirm how to do the process correctly? thanks :)

no, i just retried it like friggen 3 or 4 times. eventually it worked, maybe it was the combination in which I clicked on the coupon link for it to automatically activate. No special magic needed here, just try it again and again with activating the 10% off at different times in the order process and hopefully it should work :)

i'm just glad i got the printout for the sears pricematch.

I keep getting a message stating that inventory cannot be checked, choose another option. I have tried 2 different states, several zip codes from each, and keep getting the same message. I just wonder if anyone can give me a zip code that will work. If I can print the order page, I can price-match.

It worked for me and I just bought it!!

I further sweetned the deal by paying with my discovercard. (It has 5% cashback for purchases from some merchants like circuitcity by signing up in their site). So including the 5% cashback bonus, I got this plasma TV for around $1100 :gdlicklips:

Method I used: I first put the plasm TV in my shopping cart. Then I copied and pasted the link for 10% discount onto the same browser. I checked-out the shopping card. It showed me still the $1299 in the initial step. But when I went to the step 2 of the check-out process (after entering my e-mail address and pick-up location) it applied the coupn. I think the problem many people are having are because they did not proceed further in the check-out process.

Joined the forum just a couple of days back. Great forum indeed and thanks for this excellent deal!!

I just went to the Sears where I purchased mine from and they would not price match since it was a coupon. If anyone has any luck let me know. Since I have already opened the box, taking it back now and facing a 15% restocking fee would not be worth it. Hopefully other local sellers will lower their price.

Sears price matching policy is below (:(says nothing about coupons)

If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery in your area from a local retail store's online site, Sears will match that total price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase

ohlwhyne ..How did you get them to do this? Sears would not price match for me. I took the screen printout.

Exclusions

Sears will not match competitors' bonus or free offers, special offers, rebates, financing offers, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise, service contracts or automotive services, or installation, delivery, or assembly services. Sears will not match competitors' prices that result from a price match.

Sears Price Match Plus Policy does not apply to parts, Sears licensed partner websites, digital services, "Sears Presents" and Shop At Home catalogs.

Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii will not match any online prices.

I called another Sears and they told me to go to the Sears where I made the purchase it at and not bring them a price match receipt. I went back and pleaded with the department manager that this was a legit deal but he was like well I have to go directly to the CC site and see this. Of course the coupon does not show then because you have to go through the gottadeal link and then to the cc site. None of the Sears I have been to will just look at a screen print. The same two dudes and same electronics department manager have been there every time. This item is now selling for $2009 and they think I am a nut trying to get this thing for half price. ! Of course I pretended like I still have the item in the box and they would rather me bring this back and then go to Circuit City and get the deal rather than deal with dealing with the price match.

Side note..While I waited forever for someone to assist me...saw a couple spend over 3 grand for a huge Sony 1080p and then the salesman and another backup went into the warranty spill and it about came to the point where the couple was about to walk out and not take the deal. They were getting pissed! Another family had been told a Disney VCR/DVD combo was in stock to replace one they must have got and did not work. When they got there another one was not in stock. They were not happy. The electronics department manager basically no remorse for them (nothing like I will help you with this ...more like you Mr & Mrs Customer need to call/do this) Dad got furious and boisterous with Mom adding an occasional word. Unhappy customers all the way around at this Sears. Not enough salespeople on the floor for the traffic they were getting and where they are located. All along over the loudspeaker messages that Sears wants to please the customer.

I am going to be doing a PM at BB. I figure the TV for a net price of $1170. Tax is the same everywhere. Sears 10% of the Difference is only 85 bucks. When you figure the Service Plan BB has a 4 yr plan for 299. Circuit city 4 yr for 379 and Sears 4 yr plan for $399. Factor in BB's support and helpful people along with rewards points and they get my business.

The box is kind of big. You will need some help with it. You do not want to lay this box flat. Price matching at BB seems like a nice option at this point. You will be lucky if you get Sears to pricematch this deal plus 10%. All I can do now is hope a local merchant drops the standard $1299 price that is now in my area.