Help Help! Ebay Auction..Too Good To Be True?

elena_398

My son really wants the new game that came out: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. $50 is not in the budget right now. If you are familiar with ebay, could you please check out auction # 8150731328. Is this too good to be true or a scam? The price is super and shipping is great too. New and sealed? Wow. But they always say, if its too good to be true it probably is!

I checked out this guys past auctions and he has sold 200+ of these in the past 2 days. Seems odd he would have so many for sale. Red flags are popping up in my head but then again, if it is a true deal I lost out. I have tried to email seller, but he won't respond. Is that another bad sign? Any opinions would be great. Thanks

Oh by the way, he also has Halo 2 for only $24 buy it now. CHeap Cheap Cheap!! or should I be saying..Scam Scam Scam??

It looks flaky to me--I've been doing ebay for like 6-7 years and people don't leave feedback until they actually receive the item--the first 2 of his feedbacks the auction ended yesterday.

I should also say that looking at some of his past auctions, he sounds like a kid.

If you decide to get it, I'd definitely pay with a credit card, but I'm not sure if the low amount of the auction would be covered because It's less than $50.

Thanks Rossman and biomajor. I was scammed awhile ago on another game (Mortal Kombat Deception) and thats why this also seemed too good to be true. I think I'll save my money and look for other deals. Sure would have helped the budget though! Thank you for the insight.

I rely on Ebay for most of my video game purchases because you can really save some money there. The price he was selling it for including shipping does seem to be too low. The nearest price with a "buy it now" including shipping through another seller was $40.00. Since his auction has 9 days left just keep track of the amount that he is selling and once feedback starts coming in for him you can email the people that bought the item to see what they have to say. One more thing, since he's using UPS ground you can get a tracking number from him so he can't deny that he sent you the item if you do in fact decide to buy it.

Guest Luckycharm

My son really wants the new game that came out: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. $50 is not in the budget right now. If you are familiar with ebay, could you please check out auction # 8150731328. Is this too good to be true or a scam? The price is super and shipping is great too. New and sealed? Wow. But they always say, if its too good to be true it probably is!

I checked out this guys past auctions and he has sold 200+ of these in the past 2 days. Seems odd he would have so many for sale. Red flags are popping up in my head but then again, if it is a true deal I lost out. I have tried to email seller, but he won't respond. Is that another bad sign? Any opinions would be great. Thanks

Oh by the way, he also has Halo 2 for only $24 buy it now. CHeap Cheap Cheap!! or should I be saying..Scam Scam Scam??

Elena, do you have a videogame reseller in your area? I know some hollywood videos have it in their stores. They are usually half price of new games. Just a thought.

Gamefly has it for $38. But that is the members price.

I dont' know how old your son is... but I wouldn't buy the game for even a teenager as this one is ALOT different than the previous GTA games. Cursing is worse in this game than the last. F--- is said every 5 minutes. I know I posted this once but I'm really disappointed in the game.