What's a good r/c car for a 5 y/o?

outnumbered

I want to get my oldest an r/c vehicle, either for Christmas or his bday (a week after Christmas). There are SO many out there it's unbelievable! I need one that's easy for him to control (he'll be turning 5) and won't get destroyed easily. He's rough on toys, even when he doesn't mean to be. My other boy got a Little Tikes r/c car for his 3rd birthday and it seems to be well-made, but I wanted to avoid them having the same car. Plus some of the other models have the "cool factor" more than the Little Tikes one. Anyway...any suggestions? Once I know what I'm looking for I can keep my eye on sales, etc.

The terrain Twister is $49.86 at Wal-mart--but it doesn't include the battery pack (29.99) That was the only reasonable item on my son's christmas list (a real car and an alienware laptop were his #1 and 2 items. I got him a Dell laptop and he'd better be happy that he's getting anything!!) I did see some cute Jeep Rubicon's yesterday at my wal-mart for $20 (BF sale leftovers) and they had the battery packs with them!!) At $20 if he tears it up in a couple of months you don't have the "ouch" factor.