Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

What's a good r/c car for a 5 y/o?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 outnumbered  OFFLINE  

outnumbered

running in circles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,924 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 28, 2004 - 6:49 am

I want to get my oldest an r/c vehicle, either for Christmas or his bday (a week after Christmas). There are SO many out there it's unbelievable! I need one that's easy for him to control (he'll be turning 5) and won't get destroyed easily. He's rough on toys, even when he doesn't mean to be. My other boy got a Little Tikes r/c car for his 3rd birthday and it seems to be well-made, but I wanted to avoid them having the same car. Plus some of the other models have the "cool factor" more than the Little Tikes one. Anyway...any suggestions? Once I know what I'm looking for I can keep my eye on sales, etc.

#2 sarahlynn8  OFFLINE  

sarahlynn8

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 28, 2004 - 7:55 am

My 4 year old is getting the terrain twister from Tyco for Christmas. One of my friends kids has it and loves it. They haven't had any problems with it, and her son is VERY destructive. I haven't seen any sales on it, though.

#3 Guest_Luckycharm_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_Luckycharm_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 28, 2004 - 8:17 am

Try the Rewinder:

http://www.amazon.co...il/-/B00008OLIY

#4 Guest_Luckycharm_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_Luckycharm_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 28, 2004 - 8:19 am

Stuntster looks pretty good too for easy manipulation and not breaking

http://www.amazon.co...il/-/B0000A15XN

#5 biomajor  OFFLINE  

biomajor

Michelle

• 6,348 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 28, 2004 - 8:32 am

The terrain Twister is $49.86 at Wal-mart--but it doesn't include the battery pack (29.99) That was the only reasonable item on my son's christmas list (a real car and an alienware laptop were his #1 and 2 items. I got him a Dell laptop and he'd better be happy that he's getting anything!!) I did see some cute Jeep Rubicon's yesterday at my wal-mart for $20 (BF sale leftovers) and they had the battery packs with them!!) At $20 if he tears it up in a couple of months you don't have the "ouch" factor.

#6 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,721 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 28, 2004 - 9:31 am

I bought my son the 1:6 scale Escalade w/ real working spinners, music, and lights. $99 but worth it. My son loves his friends so Im sure christmas morning will be great for him. I bought mine at Sams Club for $89 though. Cheapest I've seen them. They had the hummers too

#7 outnumbered  OFFLINE  

outnumbered

running in circles

• 7,924 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 28, 2004 - 2:36 pm

Thanks! :) I'm thinking Tyco is the way to go for now--the Stunster probably. Great-looking little car at a decent price. And if he treats it well and likes it enough, he can get a bigger-ticket one later on.

#8 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 28, 2004 - 3:43 pm

If only Toys-R-Us had another printable $10 off $50 coupon, those were nice!

#9 outnumbered  OFFLINE  

outnumbered

running in circles

• 7,924 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 28, 2004 - 3:58 pm

Oooh, now that would be nice! But I'm about to get a $55 toy for about $23, so I can afford full price on the car if there's no deals. ;)

#10 mjjandz  OFFLINE  

mjjandz

THE BOSS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 28, 2004 - 4:47 pm

I just got my son this one,he is 10

http://www.amazon.co...5321602-8047942

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users