Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Amazon.com VOTE for a Deal - Week #1 Discussion Thread - XBox 360 Core System $100

250 replies to this topic

#241 ucablca  OFFLINE  

ucablca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 24, 2006 - 4:54 pm

A friend of mine (who didn't get the deal) had a rough time while everybody was hammering the site at the same time, but amazon loaded up very quickly for me for some reason. The whole process was a breeze.

#242 rmrdpcs  OFFLINE  

rmrdpcs

• PipPipPip
  • 4 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 24, 2006 - 5:07 pm

For the lucky ones who did manage to get the Xbox 360..congrats! But here is something interesting that I found posted on another messageboard concerning Amazon and their employees :(

Re: The hell with Amazon.com
Today, 01:26 PM
my friend works for amazon. he told me about that on monday, but i didnt even try. This was how Pittsburgh sold season tickets for students for basketball when i went there and their servers crashed too. You cant expect the servers to withstand a load like it. And I agree with the guy above, unless you were on the LAN side of that server, there was no way in hell you were going to get one. It happened to us too. I was on the LAN side but i was 2 hops away. Only people that got tickets were those using the lab comps that were only 1 router off the server. Amazon did it just to get people on their site. They never planned on sellin em to people at that price. The employees got them. But I'll still shop online, i'm not goin out there where these crazies are runnin around

Ugh. This is complete bull****; I am an Amazon.com employee, and none of my subordinates or supervisors were even informed of this deal.. They were completely bewildered when I mentioned it to them on Thursday (we were all working OT that day).

The employees got no special advantage on this one -- I guess that's everyone's natural assumption when they don't get their way, though: "The odds were stacked against me."

I don't know what people expected, though. Amazon.com gets millions of hits every day. This offer was on the front page for about a week. There were only a thousand units.

Do the math.

#243 kat58  OFFLINE  

kat58

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 24, 2006 - 5:47 pm

I'm not disputing what you said...I only posted what I found on another board. On the other hand...I cannot honestly believe that the employees knew nothing about this, especially since the xbox deal had been posted all over the internet for the last week....

#244 rmrdpcs  OFFLINE  

rmrdpcs

• PipPipPip
  • 4 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 5:08 pm

I'm not disputing what you said...I only posted what I found on another board. On the other hand...I cannot honestly believe that the employees knew nothing about this, especially since the xbox deal had been posted all over the internet for the last week....

Keep in mind that 95% of the employees are warehouse staff. They don't look at the website at work, and possibly not even at home.

The "higher-up" employees knew about it, but do you really think they couldn't just have an X-Box 360 for free if they wanted it?

#245 madnmas  OFFLINE  

madnmas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 28, 2006 - 7:10 am

I thought it was a scam too because I was trying to get one. But then I went to the babycenter.com bargain board and people are bragging that they got two!!! I will have to tell my boys that we didn't get it, but some people got two.

no one could get two. that was part of the rules.

#246 madnmas  OFFLINE  

madnmas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 28, 2006 - 7:12 am

I promise I am not trying to be rude....but the crying needs to stop. There were too many people trying to get that thing. It's been said that atleast one person should have gotten it from gottadeal. Good grief. Out of all the members here how many do you think wanted the XBOX? Subtract that number from 50,000 and you tell me the odds. We just need to get over it. ......and saying you will never shop there again just b/c you did not get 1 of 1000 XBOX's out of 50,000 people trying is not going to put them out of business, either. :)

#247 mstacks  OFFLINE  

mstacks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 28, 2006 - 8:30 am

(Not shop amazon again) In 'my' day that would be called "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

#248 ucablca  OFFLINE  

ucablca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 28, 2006 - 3:39 pm

Just a follow up -- I received the xbox360 today, despite being told that I would receive it around Dec 5th-11th. Super Saver shipping is no joke.

#249 ebony0421  OFFLINE  

ebony0421

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 28, 2006 - 3:55 pm

WOW, I had no clue about this deal. CONGRATS, to those who got in on this one.:D

#250 ashemgra  OFFLINE  

ashemgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 28, 2006 - 8:20 pm

anyone know what the 'deal' is this week? I have a 360 but tried to get the bike...went at 2:10 that day and it too was sold out! So was the barbie!! Soooo there were a lot of people getting good deals that day. As far as people getting two 360's...if they have two computers and a router and were on both of them...and had 2 separate amazon accounts it is possible IF they were quick enough they got two of them. I would have bought one at that price just to sell on ebay but kinda forgot about it until around 2:10...that's life!

#251 eve  OFFLINE  

eve

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 3, 2006 - 9:57 am

you can get the bike for 60.00 right now , check out the customer vote scroll down theyre offering week one prices guess not everyone that won ordered it. Actually, you can get it for $50. because they're having a promotion - buy $80+ on sporting goods, receive $10.00 off. So you get it for 60 and they apply another $10. credit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users