Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Amazon.com VOTE for a Deal - Week #1 Discussion Thread - XBox 360 Core System $100

250 replies to this topic

#211 soeluckydmg  OFFLINE  

soeluckydmg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:47 am

Just an fyi, you can not use others code even if they give them to you. You have to use their sign on to get the deal.. I just tried that. Sorry.......

#212 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:48 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem Doh the code is already on Ebay!

#213 throatpunch  OFFLINE  

throatpunch

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:57 am

Total crap. I couldn't get the page to load from 10:57 to 11:12. Piece of junk. Amazon just lost a customer.

Agreed.

#214 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,974 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:59 am

well at least I got a bike anyone wanna buy it ?

Thats what I was going for, couldn't even get it to refresh LOL

#215 amy0807  OFFLINE  

amy0807

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:59 am

The sad part is, there were so many of us who can't afford the 360 at full price trying to get it at a bargain. Some got more than 1 code. These people were trying to seel them on eBay or transfer them to other people. As the other poster said, you can't use someone else's code and we know you cant get more than one. All those codes will be wasted as Amazon won't give them away again. So many that would have loved to had the codes these greedy people took and lost.

#216 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,974 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 12:02 pm

The sad part is, there were so many of us who can't afford the 360 at full price trying to get it at a bargain. Some got more than 1 code. These people were trying to seel them on eBay or transfer them to other people. As the other poster said, you can't use someone else's code and we know you cant get more than one. All those codes will be wasted as Amazon won't give them away again. So many that would have loved to had the codes these greedy people took and lost.

So the codes are non transferable?

#217 amy0807  OFFLINE  

amy0807

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 12:05 pm

They can only be used under the account that the code was obtained under and no account can use two codes. Anyone with a second code basically took away a chance for someone else to get the 360 and no one will get it because it can't be transferred.

#218 psychosixtynine  OFFLINE  

psychosixtynine

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 12:07 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem Doh the code is already on Ebay!

510.00 for a core system WTF I'll sell my premium for that

#219 civicracinggirl7  OFFLINE  

civicracinggirl7

• 1,143 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 12:07 pm

Agreed, although even if it were the unit was on eBay, it would sell for less than the $299 price tag it usually holds, so someone would still get it cheaper, although not at $100. I had wanted to buy one to sell on eBay originally (I can justify this more than a PS3 since, like I said, it would sell for less and not more than the original price), then I decided to try to get it as a gift for my boyfriend, so I was really hoping to get it so I wouldn't have to figure out a "large" gift to get him for Christmas, but no such luck. I was on for 10 minutes prior to it going on sale, and refreshed like crazy on one browser when it went on sale, and left one browser going idly. I knew it was near impossible, but with the server being like that, I still don't know how anyone got in.

#220 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,974 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 12:09 pm

They can only be used under the account that the code was obtained under and no account can use two codes. Anyone with a second code basically took away a chance for someone else to get the 360 and no one will get it because it can't be transferred.

How in the world did someone get two codes LOL We couldn't even get the page to load LOL

#221 amy0807  OFFLINE  

amy0807

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 12:18 pm

I don't know either. I sat on the page from 10:30 on and started refreshing at 15 til. Two or three minutes before 11:00 the page stopped loading and I could not get in again until 11:12 and I knew they were already gone but I was shocked to see that even the runner up deals were sold out too. Just think of all those with double codes that others could have gotten. I'm disappointed, but I am more disappointed that some people took the chance at it away from everyone else. Amazon really needs to fix this before the next sale. You should not be able to obtain a second code under the same sign in. If they had fixed it before this sale, I'm certain someone from gottadeal would have gotten one. I rushed back here to congrats the lucky ones and not one here. :(

#222 Guest_buddy72192_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_buddy72192_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 1:06 pm

I got one!!! http://i29.photobuck...pg?t=1164311435

#223 Guest_StockGangsta_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_StockGangsta_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 1:21 pm

I got one!!! http://i29.photobuck...pg?t=1164311435

bad link

#224 Guest_buddy72192_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_buddy72192_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 1:25 pm

works fine for me

#225 Catrinaf25  OFFLINE  

Catrinaf25

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 1:34 pm

works fine for me

Sorry, the page you requested was not found
Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a page on Photobucket, try visiting the home page. Also, you may find what you are looking for using the search below.

#226 sublimej311  OFFLINE  

sublimej311

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 1:35 pm

Maybe it's just me, but when you have Fios internet connection and the page won't even load for 5-10 mins after the sale was sold out that is extremely lame. The sale lasted maybe 30 seconds at most. It would be nice if Amazon would make these sales so the average person atleast has a chance to obtain one of them even if it's not this round.

#227 ronmorales  OFFLINE  

ronmorales

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 1:46 pm

didnt get the 360 but got the bike. For 60 bucks no tax and free shipping its a deal.

#228 hpowers  OFFLINE  

hpowers

• 3,876 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 1:48 pm

I got the Princess. Will make my daughters happy. I couldn't see paying $50 for it in the stores, but I'll take it half price.

#229 ronmorales  OFFLINE  

ronmorales

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 1:51 pm

The trick is not to refresh constantly. I log on about 5min before 11am PST. At 10:59 i jkeep hitting refresh until my cpu clock hits 11:00am. Then I let it load until it pops up. It took 5min for it to load. I didnt get the xbox 360 but got the bike and that ok with me. For people who are bitter saying they should let the avg. person buy one, those are the people who got one because once you get through you have to answer a series of simple question before you get the code to buy one.

#230 KitaKaT  OFFLINE  

KitaKaT

~Migraineur of Life~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 2:00 pm

The trick is not to refresh constantly. I log on about 5min before 11am PST. At 10:59 i jkeep hitting refresh until my cpu clock hits 11:00am. Then I let it load until it pops up. It took 5min for it to load. I didnt get the xbox 360 but got the bike and that ok with me. For people who are bitter saying they should let the avg. person buy one, those are the people who got one because once you get through you have to answer a series of simple question before you get the code to buy one.

I did exactly that with 3 PCs. the refresh.. etc...

I did get through to the series of simple questions, on two of my PCs yet they never made it past that... I was told, sorry... all gone.

I'm not tweaked over this. I hope whomever was lucky enough to get one enjoys their win. I just wanted to address your post because I did that and still got nadda.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!:D

#231 Brad  ONLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,471 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 2:01 pm

Deal is over, so I'm moving this to Deal Discussion. There is a new thread in the Online Hot Deals forum for week #2.

#232 J_Man  OFFLINE  

J_Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 2:56 pm

I just hope that the ones that got it to Ebay it will be stuck with it. The core system is able to be bought at full price in store. There's no reason to pat one of these people on the back for getting the deal and hitting Ebay. Once you pay these scalper's price, you may as well have got it in store. That closing bid on Ebay for $510 looks like a fake bid though.

#233 mincus84  OFFLINE  

mincus84

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 4:02 pm

Well, I didn't get one, but it was still fun to try. i'm not sure why people are so incredibly upset, did you really expect to get one? I sure didn't. I kept hitting refresh, until just before 1 CST the page still came up, but it was totally missing anything about the xbox. So, I figured they were out. I kept hitting refresh, and it came back up (took about 5 seconds per load), and said click here to get this deal. i clicked on that and the next page came up in about 5 seconds, which had the math problem on it, and a few bullet points and a check box saying you agree to something. So, at this point, I thought I got the deal. So, I took my time to make sure I put in the correct number, and made sure I knew what I was agreeing to. Then I hit the get this deal button on that page, which took me to another page which said they were sold out. Guess I shouldnt have hung out for so long on that page. Oh well! When you consider that there were probably a few hundred thousand people (at least) you can't really expect to get one.

#234 eve  OFFLINE  

eve

• 2,503 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 4:11 pm

Well, I didn't get one, but it was still fun to try.

#235 altinnin  OFFLINE  

altinnin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 7:03 pm

I was one of the unlucky ones. However in reading some of the posts, maybe I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know anything about a code. Just for future info, anyone want to share how to reach the buy screen. I was trying to access it from the Amazon Customers Vote Homepage. Was there another page I should have been working?

#236 mincus84  OFFLINE  

mincus84

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 24, 2006 - 8:08 am

I was one of the unlucky ones. However in reading some of the posts, maybe I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know anything about a code. Just for future info, anyone want to share how to reach the buy screen. I was trying to access it from the Amazon Customers Vote Homepage. Was there another page I should have been working?

Go to amazon.com. On the right side, there will be a link to the deal. Click on that, that is then the page you want to keep refreshing until the deal comes up.

#237 Scott  OFFLINE  

Scott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,002 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 24, 2006 - 9:49 am

You were working from the right place.

I don't think that the next deal will be quite as busy.

#238 hpowers  OFFLINE  

hpowers

• 3,876 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 24, 2006 - 10:19 am

You were working from the right place.

I don't think that the next deal will be quite as busy.

Especially if it's the earrings.

#239 ucablca  OFFLINE  

ucablca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 24, 2006 - 10:30 am

I got one, but I'm not selling it. I'll now have a Xbox360, PS3, and Wii. Console I'll be playing the most? Wii.

http://img245.images...xboxcoreji9.jpg

#240 kat58  OFFLINE  

kat58

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 24, 2006 - 4:40 pm

For the lucky ones who did manage to get the Xbox 360..congrats! But here is something interesting that I found posted on another messageboard concerning Amazon and their employees :(

Re: The hell with Amazon.com
Today, 01:26 PM
my friend works for amazon. he told me about that on monday, but i didnt even try. This was how Pittsburgh sold season tickets for students for basketball when i went there and their servers crashed too. You cant expect the servers to withstand a load like it. And I agree with the guy above, unless you were on the LAN side of that server, there was no way in hell you were going to get one. It happened to us too. I was on the LAN side but i was 2 hops away. Only people that got tickets were those using the lab comps that were only 1 router off the server. Amazon did it just to get people on their site. They never planned on sellin em to people at that price. The employees got them. But I'll still shop online, i'm not goin out there where these crazies are runnin around

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users