Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Amazon.com VOTE for a Deal - Week #1 Discussion Thread - XBox 360 Core System $100

250 replies to this topic

#181 chriskimber  OFFLINE  

chriskimber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:19 am

all of us here in this forum is not a few people.!! One of us should have got one.

#182 First Lady  OFFLINE  

First Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:20 am

I was finally able to get in the toy/prime code! Now everything is out of stock. I'll be really upset of the prime wins next week and you can buy it for $40!

#183 nurseypoo5  OFFLINE  

nurseypoo5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2005

I had two computers going and refreshing for 10 minutes prior, just in case. I refreshed at different times, and the load time got longer as the hour approached. I refreshed and it came up with next weeks vote. wt? I refreshed again and I got my original page saying it starts at 11 am PST. After that, load times started getting longer. I got through when it said sold out. They should not try this stunt again. I have 2GB and a fast PC with a high-speed connection. Maybe you have to live in the same town as the server to get it. It just don't seem right.

my page came right up at 11am, thats when the hell started. seriously i thought i had it, i too had 2 computers going, and i have a new bad azz laptop with a duo core processor...tons of speed, still SLAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMED ME.

bah. i'm so sad, i was so looking forward to my little boys face xmas morning. btw this and the PS3 im just about worn out.

I give up. ps2 and guitar hero will just have to be enough :(

#184 gunitwrx  OFFLINE  

gunitwrx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2006

heres the deal....
I clicked at exactly 1 minute before 11am (PST) and it said "get this deal" I clicked that and it took 7minutes for this much to happen..LOL!!!

Then 4 minutes later it brought up verirfication...

Then it said sold out :(

#185 nemofansmommy  OFFLINE  

nemofansmommy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:21 am

I am happy that I got the barbie at least. Tried for the Xbox, but that was sold out before my page refreshed.

#186 skalover89  OFFLINE  

skalover89

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2005

This sold out so fast! I hit refresh with one minute to go. The page refreshed and the deal wasn't even there, just stuff for next week. I thought I was at the wrong page. I refreshed again and then it was sold out. It was gone in like 5 seconds!

#187 nurseypoo5  OFFLINE  

nurseypoo5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2005

all of us here in this forum is not a few people.!! One of us should have got one.

makes you wonder how many huge pc geeks were out there with mega puters...or how many employees were able to snag them...

something is up. None of us got one??? NONE??????? wth.:yuck:

#188 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:22 am

my page came right up at 11am, thats when the hell started. seriously i thought i had it, i too had 2 computers going, and i have a new bad azz laptop with a duo core processor...tons of speed, still SLAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMED ME.

bah. i'm so sad, i was so looking forward to my little boys face xmas morning. btw this and the PS3 im just about worn out.

I give up. ps2 and guitar hero will just have to be enough :(

I lost a PS3 from CC. It was in my shopping cart, but by the time I paid(which was quick).....WHOOSH!!!!:eek: It was gone!

#189 psychosixtynine  OFFLINE  

psychosixtynine

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:23 am

well at least I got a bike anyone wanna buy it ?

#190 -joecentral-  OFFLINE  

-joecentral-

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:24 am

I was in there probably 35 seconds after 2pm EST (11EST) and they were already sold out. I wonder where Amazon servers are, maybe in California? I wonder if people closer to the servers were able to secure the deal? Not sure, but it was tons of fun. Maybe next time they should just do a lottery, so people with the best bandwidth and location aren't the only ones who get the deal.

#191 nurseypoo5  OFFLINE  

nurseypoo5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2005

i seriously just want to here that ONE of us got in and snagged this. Anyone here?? someone please lol. a gottadeal person just has to win it!

#192 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

• 1,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

No.

LOL

#193 Guest_mumof3totz_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_mumof3totz_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:25 am

I missed the x box, my computor was so slow. I ended up getting the Amazon membership thing. Big deal!

#194 nurseypoo5  OFFLINE  

nurseypoo5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2005

sure have them send it to my address and i'll pay you thru paypal :)

#195 daz  OFFLINE  

daz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Like Brad said, a server can only let in so many people at once, even if they have multiple servers running this deal today, there is no way they could handle the traffic this created. The best thing to do when trying something like this (if you have high speed internet) is : Hit refresh, if it takes longer than 3 seconds, hit it again, and again. You have a much better chance of hitting an open slot by refreshing over and over than waiting for the same slot to open. .... Say you're in line behind 50 people at a register at WM. If you stand there, you will check out sometime before christmas. But if you poke your cart into the register holes that you know are going to open any minute, you have a better chance of checking out sometime today at least. There, I just saved you 10 hours of networking classes :)

#196 nurseypoo5  OFFLINE  

nurseypoo5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:26 am

Like Brad said, a server can only let in so many people at once, even if they have multiple servers running this deal today, there is no way they could handle the traffic this created.

The best thing to do when trying something like this (if you have high speed internet) is :
Hit refresh, if it takes longer than 3 seconds, hit it again, and again.
You have a much better chance of hitting an open slot by refreshing over and over than waiting for the same slot to open.
Say you're in line behind 50 people at a register at WM. If you stand there, you will check out sometime before christmas. But if you poke your cart into the register holes that you know are going to open any minute, you have a better chance of checking out sometime today at least.
There, I just saved you 10 hours of networking classes :)

i disagree on one part. Yes usually you would be correct, but for those of us who were asked the math question to get the code, there was no way we could have refreshed. Even if it came up we wouldnt be offered another code....

we were screwed by then

#197 soeluckydmg  OFFLINE  

soeluckydmg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:27 am

Nope, my page never came up. I had 3 going. Oh well. We tried.

#198 razormoney  OFFLINE  

razormoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Add me to the list of upset people who didn't get the deal. I had two computers going and couldn't get the page to refresh in time. Oh well, I am happy about the 50" VIZIO plasma I bought from circuit city today. Awesome deal! R

#199 Scott  OFFLINE  

Scott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,002 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Like Brad said, a server can only let in so many people at once, even if they have multiple servers running this deal today, there is no way they could handle the traffic this created.

The best thing to do when trying something like this (if you have high speed internet) is :
Hit refresh, if it takes longer than 3 seconds, hit it again, and again.
You have a much better chance of hitting an open slot by refreshing over and over than waiting for the same slot to open.
Say you're in line behind 50 people at a register at WM. If you stand there, you will check out sometime before christmas. But if you poke your cart into the register holes that you know are going to open any minute, you have a better chance of checking out sometime today at least.
There, I just saved you 10 hours of networking classes :)

This even shut down the main Amazon page while it was going on. That means that they most likely didn't put this deal on a separate server. Certainly not very good planning on their part, but also not their fault if you didn't get in.

#200 nurseypoo5  OFFLINE  

nurseypoo5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:28 am

why even have a vote if all of them are going to be on sale??? i dont get it. I thought only the xbox would be available.

#201 vgallaty  OFFLINE  

vgallaty

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:28 am

I thought it was a scam too because I was trying to get one. But then I went to the babycenter.com bargain board and people are bragging that they got two!!! I will have to tell my boys that we didn't get it, but some people got two.

#202 daz  OFFLINE  

daz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:29 am

Yeah, if you got to the math part, then you can blame amazon :)

#203 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,469 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:29 am

For those who didn't get in, you can still get the Xbox 360 for $340 with free shipping through Dell:

http://forums.gottad...ead.php?t=56765 :)

#204 mzkittyz  OFFLINE  

mzkittyz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:30 am

any1 have a bike code they dont want?

#205 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

• 1,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:30 am

why even have a vote if all of them are going to be on sale??? i dont get it. I thought only the xbox would be available.

Kinda like 'Bait-n-switch', I guess. You don't get the initial item and you see the others you might have voted for and say 'what the heck...', and you buy it. WIN WIN for Amazon.:P

#206 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:37 am

I wanted that bike so badly!

#207 quietstorm  OFFLINE  

quietstorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:38 am

oh well! At least i got the bike.

#208 mikebone  OFFLINE  

mikebone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:42 am

I tried refreshing on my 2 PC's and also on my fiance's laptop at approximately 1:59 EST and I didn't even get a sniff of it. Oh well...looks as if it sold out in under a minute :(

#209 Conan-kun  OFFLINE  

Conan-kun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:45 am

They still sold the "Runner ups" but at a "runner up" price. If any of those others had won then its price would have been cheaper. Example would be if the Xbox 360 hadn't won the vote then maybe it would have been sold for 200 dollars as a runner up.

#210 Smoke-N-Bones  OFFLINE  

Smoke-N-Bones

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2006 - 11:45 am

oh well! At least i got the bike.

Hey guys..first post here .. tried for the xbox.. what a deal!!.. didnt get the x-box.. got the doll.. boohoo

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users