I am on my new lap top

lovebears65

Very cool! I like my laptop too--I haven't touched the desktop in months except to start a process or 2 for my husband while he was at work :-) I don't need/want a gaming machine, so I don't need a great graphics card--all I do is go online, do a little word processing and a lot of Excelling :-) This suits my needs well--any more would be a waste of money IMO for what I use it for. I think that the $500 laptop would have been great for my daughter too--but I'd already bought hers at CC. I have a shelf out of one of the entertainment centers that I use as a portable "desk" and keep that on my lap to keep the air circulating correctly and I sit in the recliner and play online all the time.

Yes they were pretty much sold out before the store opened (tickets handed out in line at some BB's).

It's a decent price for a low end laptop but it's not that hot, this was 100x hotter.

yeah the dell's deal was good :), i had a high end laptop for 700 (P-M 1.6, 60GB, SXGA+ Screen, 512 MB RAM), it's actually a better deal than BB's 500, but look at it this way, you can't possibly get a 500 bucks brand new laptop like that now a day, that one need's upgrade, ram is gonna cost about 50 bucks, the HDD will be around 100, and the important thing is that it cost an arm to change the CPU (if that's even possible). I would just upgrade the ram and the HDD so it can be use as a multimedia machine on the go. As for mine, the nice thing is that i can use it for video and audio editing with the pentium chip and a big HDD. But if i have the chance i wouldda went back and go for the 700m instead of the 600m :(