BREAKING NEWS: Wal-Mart's hiding some Black Friday deals

bigjimslade

I was just going to ask this, if these deals are going to be online only or is it just an ad that will be good at the stores as well?

Hoping for some good deals good enough to :gdgirlfight3ol::wife: over. LOL, just kidding, I always say excuse me before I knock someone over. (kidding again:) )

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It kinda sucks for the people that don't have internet service though:smirk:

Yes, but all the less people to get in our way in the virtual checkout line :)

Any bets on how fast the server will fail after the sale starts?

I'll say 12 minutes :eyepoppin

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Man do I LOVE WM. I knew that ad was not all they had to offer me. Turkey day is at MY house this year and it just so happens I have a computer in my kitchen. Now the big questions are.... when turkey day will they hit the net? midnight would be MOST excellent. I know BB has 2 things I want and I want to buy online, but if WM has them I will give them my money.

I did see that BB was sueing another BF site and they pulled the ad. I have most ads DLed and saved on one or both of my PCs.

Does anyone think target will do the same thing as WM? I wont go to target because its out of my way and I MUST be home by 8am, but I might buy from the website. ohh I just LOVE good deals. thanks GottaDeal for all you do.:smart:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Man do I LOVE WM. I knew that ad was not all they had to offer me. Turkey day is at MY house this year and it just so happens I have a computer in my kitchen. Now the big questions are.... when turkey day will they hit the net? midnight would be MOST excellent. I know BB has 2 things I want and I want to buy online, but if WM has them I will give them my money.

I did see that BB was sueing another BF site and they pulled the ad. I have most ads DLed and saved on one or both of my PCs.

Does anyone think target will do the same thing as WM? I wont go to target because its out of my way and I MUST be home by 8am, but I might buy from the website. ohh I just LOVE good deals. thanks GottaDeal for all you do.:smart:

I'm wondering the same thing about Target. I am sure they are gonna know about this.

"Everybody's seen our circular. They know our prices and we know everybody else's. But then we're going to add special offerings on Thanksgiving day online," he said. "After everyone finishes with the meal, we're going to use [walmart.com] as a channel to unveil special offers that nobody has visibility to yet."

Fleming said the idea was to use this strategy to drive consumers to Wal-Mart stores on Friday. Fleming's presentation was monitored via webcast in New York.

It really looks like the sales will be revealed online, but not necessarily available online. It says right there that they want to get shoppers TO the store.

BTW, I asked the ole ex-hubby about all this. He said they have been planning some kind of online thing all along. It was another one of the points mentioned at that meeting where he (and all of us :smirk: ) found out about the early sales on electronics a few weeks ago. He couldn't really answer the question about whether or not the sale was online only, in-store only, or both.

Yes, but all the less people to get in our way in the virtual checkout line :)

Any bets on how fast the server will fail after the sale starts?

I'll say 12 minutes :eyepoppin

savaladez made an interesting point in saying:

I think they are saying the new ad will be online only , not the actual sale. I think the sale still will be at-store only.

They are wrong for this!!! How am I going to be at BB and WM at the same time!! What if WM has the better deal....what if BB does?!?!? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOOOOOO!

Breathe.......AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!:runaway:

LMAO i think we all have the same axiety.Im going nuts over here.Maybe i should clone myself before next here.Next year HA HA HA thats a funny thought.I cant even handle this year,(LOL)

LMAO i think we all have the same axiety.Im going nuts over here.Maybe i should clone myself before next here.Next year HA HA HA thats a funny thought.I cant even handle this year,(LOL)

It almost makes me want to go get a laptop, open it, watch WM online, make my decision, and then take it back. Only problem is once you open the laptop, I don't think you can take them back unless you are having problems with it. I GOT IT!!! I will order a data bucket for my cell phone and I will be able to surf while I wait!!! :thumbsup: All I really want to do is keep my eye open for a cheaper laptop ($199-$299) and cheaper computer ($99-$150). I really doubt the $99 "no rebate" price, but hey, A girl can dream right!!

I was just reading the home depot thread. seems rumor has it they will have a 32 inch LCD TV at better price than BB.. cant wait to see what WM does about THAT.

I am wondering if BB will throw something together to match, since their ad sucks!

I have heard the HD will be selling TV's, being spotted in the upper racks. That will be interesting.

My husband is a vendor , so he just told me tonight that he has seen a lot of stuff in the back of walmart:eek: Hot wheel 5 packs, tv's marked"not to be displayed until 11/24" He spoke to the receiver and she said the "secret" stuff comes off of the truck and goes "covered" to the trailers in the back of walmart! Nobody but management is to know what is "under the covers." He is gonna check in the back room tomorrow and see what else he can find out. I'll let you all know. :D

This is exciting news. I too believe that they will just reveal the prices, but not make the deals available online.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they have a deal similar to CC Nintendo GameBoy. Less stops for me to make! ;)

Mine will pm the gameboy anyways..And if WM runs it on sale, there'll be a crazy rush for it, and you may not get it. Not that many ppl around here pricematch.