How popular will the 22 inch Westinghouse LCD Monitor be?

Violentj6969

I called around to 4 more BB's. Two said that they won't price match anything on the Thanksgiving day ad, one even said it was written in the ad. One store said that as long as I bring it in during that time (fri-sat) i can get it price matched. The last one only said that "their price matching policy is 30 days" and nothing more. I do believe I'll be buying one of these 22" Westy's tonight and saving it till next week!

Here's a cutout from the AD posted already. Basically says what I thought. They price match as long as you bring it in during that time. As long as it's not an earlybird item, you should be able to get it pricematched.

They've got their policy online as well here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&entryURLType=&entryURLID=&categoryId=cat10001&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098

I particularily like this section here:

"What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?

If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com within 30 days of your original receipt purchase (14 days for select categories*), we will refund you 100% of the price difference. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect. Clearance items, open-box items or Web-exclusive offers advertised on BestBuy.com are not eligible for price matching."

post-45217-137262182081_thumb.jpg

Here's a cutout from the AD posted already. Basically says what I thought. They price match as long as you bring it in during that time. As long as it's not an earlybird item, you should be able to get it pricematched.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&entryURLType=&entryURLID=&categoryId=cat10001&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098

If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com within 30 days of your original receipt purchase (14 days for select categories*), we will refund you 100% of the price difference. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect. Clearance items, open-box items or Web-exclusive offers advertised on BestBuy.com are not eligible for price matching."

The important thing is it has to be while the sale is in effect. So if it is one of the 2 day sale items it has to be on Friday or Saturday.

Just to clarify we are talking about pricematching something bought previously at Best Buy.

The bestbuy that i live close to has 2 of those lcds in. They are supposed to be getting 28 more. The guy suggested that i buy it now, and get it at the sale price thing. However, he went to find out if he was right. He came back and said it wouldn;t count for those specials. I quess i am standing in line

And I particularly like this section from Best Buy's Black Friday ad (front page, in the red box at the bottom of that page......has store hours listed and the Shop Early-When They're Gone, They're Gone! at the top of the relevant section):

"Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items in this ad and is NOT VALID ON PRIOR PURCHASES."

Still surprising the numbers of people who are not taking the time to read the fine print in BB's ad. It doesn't amtter what anyone is telling you at the stores right now, their pricematching policy will be completely different for Black Friday and Saturday. And notice the disclaimer says AD, not early bird specials or the like.....all products in the entire advertisement....all of the pages, all of the products.

Now, why would they tell you otherwise? TO GET YOU TO BUY IT NOW!!! I suppose it's in hopes that you'll have it, use it, and not feel like lugging it back to the store to return it and then hope another is still on the shelf to purchase. The one you just returned probably WON'T be available for repurchase anytime soon after you return it....it has to be "restocked" you know, which includes checking the box and contents out to make sure it's all there. It'll probably take the staff maybe a day or two to get your return back on the shelf...just in time to be sold on Sunday.

And I particularly like this section from Best Buy's Black Friday ad (front page, in the red box at the bottom of that page......has store hours listed and the Shop Early-When They're Gone, They're Gone! at the top of the relevant section):

"Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items in this ad and is NOT VALID ON PRIOR PURCHASES."

Still surprising the numbers of people who are not taking the time to read the fine print in BB's ad. It doesn't amtter what anyone is telling you at the stores right now, their pricematching policy will be completely different for Black Friday and Saturday. And notice the disclaimer says AD, not early bird specials or the like.....all products in the entire advertisement....all of the pages, all of the products.

Now, why would they tell you otherwise? TO GET YOU TO BUY IT NOW!!! I suppose it's in hopes that you'll have it, use it, and not feel like lugging it back to the store to return it and then hope another is still on the shelf to purchase. The one you just returned probably WON'T be available for repurchase anytime soon after you return it....it has to be "restocked" you know, which includes checking the box and contents out to make sure it's all there. It'll probably take the staff maybe a day or two to get your return back on the shelf...just in time to be sold on Sunday.

Actually i didn't ask.Their employee said it. However, i would have never left the store without something in writing. I already have debated issues and won before. However, i knew that he was in the wrong. Ironically, they were telling other custermers that they would be open at 7 or 8 am that morning! what a joke. i quess i was ruining their sale

Why thursday? Your going to wait outside 24 hours for it?

Will it be that popular?

yes. You can get a great 22" monitor $300 off. It's even cheaper than a good 19" lcd is on a normal sale. I hate BB on BF but I'll be there 20-24 hours in advance for this...

We are leaving to be in line around 11ish.. Last year we left at 2 am and couldnt get the computer. I am not after the computer or laptop this year but hey if I can get a ticket I wont refuse it .. I want a 22 inch monitor is on the top of the list. I really wish they would make this a ticket item :mad: I also want to get a few other things. Dh is now wanting the 32 inch TV but if we get it we do if we dont we dont. Its for a gift for my mom .. :D

We are leaving to be in line around 11ish.. Last year we left at 2 am and couldnt get the computer. I am not after the computer or laptop this year but hey if I can get a ticket I wont refuse it .. I want a 22 inch monitor is on the top of the list. I really wish they would make this a ticket item :mad: I also want to get a few other things. Dh is now wanting the 32 inch TV but if we get it we do if we dont we dont. Its for a gift for my mom .. :D

By 11PM last year at the BB we go to there were over 75 people in line. The desktop and laptop were the driving forces last year for the crowds.....just wonder what the addition of the cheap LCD TV and the widescreen LCD monitor will add to the lines since the desktop and laptop are essentially the same from last year as far as price goes.

Sometimes a retailer will advertise a very low price for a product but have only limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching.

there, enough said, they will not pricematch a limited quantity item!:razz:

Sometimes a retailer will advertise a very low price for a product but have only limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching.

there, enough said, they will not pricematch a limited quantity item!:razz:

I think that you are confusing price matching of items from a competitor and price matching of an item that goes on sale letter at Best buy.

The Best Buy Price Guarantee

Exclusions:

The Best Buy Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors' free offers, limited-quantity items, open-box items, clearance items, mail-in incentives, financing or bundle offers. The policy does not apply to typographical errors or a competitor's price that results from a price match

They will not price match limited-quantity items and because almost all items on black Friday are limited quantity items they will not price other competitors on black Friday.

What if I find a lower price at another Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?

If an item you purchased at Best Buy is advertised at a lower price at another Best Buy store in your local area or on BestBuy.com within 30 days of your original receipt purchase (14 days for select categories*), we will refund you 100% of the price difference. Simply bring in your original Best Buy receipt to the customer service counter while that lower price is still in effect. Clearance items, open-box items or Web-exclusive offers advertised on BestBuy.com are not eligible for price matching.

According to this they will refund you the difference if an item you buy that latter goes on sale, but you have to bring in your receipt while the sale in in effect. If you have any doubts I would phone the store manager at Best Buy and ask them. Worst case though return the item and turn around and buy it at the sale price.

We bought the 32" for $615 2 weeks ago and it is AWESOME! We love it and the picture is incredible! Go for it!

I just went to best buy to look at it and its sweet. I will be making a mad dash to that .. I also looked at the 32 inch LCD it looks good too .. :D

Im bringing my cousin with me...were leaving about 2pm Turkey day, take pics with family then leave, get there about 220, get that ticket for the 32 inch, then when the door opens, my varsity track captain cousin is gonna make a dash to the 22 inch monitors haha

wow you guys are doing a pretty good job of scaring me from the 22 in monitor. I was hoping 2 or 3 am would be early enough. I might be willing to go a little earlier... but some of you guys are crazy! I was hoping to just stand around for several hours rather than turning this into a full out camp. Maybe I'll buy one early and try my luck on the price match, and return it if necessary. The Samsung 920bw for $130 AR at Staples isn't looking too shabby after visiting this thread! thanks guys! 20-24 hours!? I'm worried about some of you! ;)

wow you guys are doing a pretty good job of scaring me from the 22 in monitor. I was hoping 2 or 3 am would be early enough. I might be willing to go a little earlier... but some of you guys are crazy! I was hoping to just stand around for several hours rather than turning this into a full out camp. Maybe I'll buy one early and try my luck on the price match, and return it if necessary. The Samsung 920bw for $130 AR at Staples isn't looking too shabby after visiting this thread! thanks guys! 20-24 hours!? I'm worried about some of you! ;)

It depends on your location. Call the Best Buy you intend to go to to find out when the line formed last year.

It depends on your location. Call the Best Buy you intend to go to to find out when the line formed last year.

I've showed up at a little after 4am in Mesa, AZ two years ago and there were several hundred people in line. I'm guessing most trickled in a couple hours before me. I thought being in the first 100-150 would be enough for this monitor but I think I misgauged the popularity of this item! One other approach I'm considering is driving 30 minutes out to this one best buy on the edge of town where the population density is drastically lower! There's nothing but farms out there. It's really hard to imagine hundreds of people showing up to that one. Anybody ever notice large differences in lines in adjacent BBs in metropolitan areas? Maybe I'll just leave the house around 2 am and see what the lines look like a a best buy or two. And if it's ridiculous I guess I'll be first in line at Staples :) .