Question re:Rebate validity date

deyab

I was trying to place an order online for a few items that was sold out at B&M. It was unavailable online as well (out of stock), and they were not accepting orders for those. But I was... ahem... able to coax the website to accept my orders for those items. (Please don't ask for details). All the items have special price if ordered 11/26-27. My order was placed in that time frame. I can see they charged the credit card - which is fine. But of course the order status shows the items as back ordered. The postmark date on the rebates give me about a month to send the rebates in. The question is, would the rebates be valid if they are shipped, let's say, this monday? (And of course, IF they ship; if they don't... well, what have I got to lose?)

They'd send a receipt with your order, right? Those usually list the date you placed your order. Everything I've bought at amazon does that, anyway; I'd assume other stores are the same. So provided you get your items within the rebate timeframe, you ought to be ok--you should have a packing slip/receipt showing the date you ordered as the date of purchase.