Thinking of doing a price match at Best Buy on BF? Forget about it!!!

H_Hancock

Just in case no one has actually read the fine print in the Best Buy ad about price matches on Black Friday for the prices in their BF sale circular, at the bottom of the front page, in the red box, is a little disclaimer about price matching:

"Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items in this ad and is NOT VALID ON PRIOR PURCHASES."

Besides, I'm just getting tired of all the "Stay home and price match later in the morning......don't stand in line" threads that are cropping up over and over. No matter what any salesperson tells you in the store or on the phone, I'd think that one sentence on the front page of the ad will be shown again and again to those attempting to price match. May make for some very unhappy people on BF.

Just in case no one has actually read the fine print in the Best Buy ad about price matches on Black Friday for the prices in their BF sale circular, at the bottom of the front page, in the red box, is a little disclaimer about price matching:

"Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items in this ad and is NOT VALID ON PRIOR PURCHASES."

Besides, I'm just getting tired of all the "Stay home and price match later in the morning......don't stand in line" threads that are cropping up over and over. No matter what any salesperson tells you in the store or on the phone, I'd think that one sentence on the front page of the ad will be shown again and again to those attempting to price match. May make for some very unhappy people on BF.

Amen! Pass the plate.

Good thing CC has it's sales online! That should keep me from freezing to death waiting outside of BB.

that's probably true but at the end of the day, that bad business policy. I have done that in the last two years without problems to get refunds for the difference in price when buying 2 days earlier, but if this year a manager tells me for example that he won't give me a refund in a 42 inches TV i'm just going to tell him that i will return the TV (which i have still in box) 2 days after black friday, so i will get all my money back and he will end up with a 42 inches TV without a solid brand name, for a regular price of $1500, which nobody will buy at that price, except on black friday, when it will sell for $999. So they will we stuck with the TV.

Right, i won't get the TV but, whatever, i have a 51" projection anyway and was only trying this one for the low price.

just a thought

I gotta agree...Give it a shot...If it doesnt work return the TV and get a full refund. The difficulty for the buyer, is lugging the tv around. I think we all agree that BB "says" they wont price match. I even think its safe to say that we all agree that 99% of the BB stores "wont" pricematch. But if you dont absolutely, positively need something like me. (my TVs work fine, I would like a new one... But not at the cost of waiting in sub-freezing temps for hours) Try to do the pricematch. Give it shot, see what happens... Just remember not to open the box so they dont stick you w/ a "restocking fee".

What BB should do is the week before offer a mid-point price on the higher ticket items... IE 42 Westinghouse $1150

32 Westinghouse $ 589

That would cure my need to attempt the pricematch.

that's probably true but at the end of the day, that bad business policy. I have done that in the last two years without problems to get refunds for the difference in price when buying 2 days earlier, but if this year a manager tells me for example that he won't give me a refund in a 42 inches TV i'm just going to tell him that i will return the TV (which i have still in box) 2 days after black friday, so i will get all my money back and he will end up with a 42 inches TV without a solid brand name, for a regular price of $1500, which nobody will buy at that price, except on black friday, when it will sell for $999. So they will we stuck with the TV.

Right, i won't get the TV but, whatever, i have a 51" projection anyway and was only trying this one for the low price.

just a thought

Disagree. I believe this a great policy, and one more reason why I like BB better than most other retailers. BTW, in your example above, trust me, they will sell that 42" TV after BF for the $1,500. If they couldn't sell any of their inventory at their "normal" prices, they'd be out of business. Although I'm not a shareholder of BB, I support their goal of making a profit, in fact, as much of a profit as possible.

Anyway, over and above the OP's message, everyone needs to remember that many of the big BF doorbusters won't even be available before BF, so the PM opportunity is non-existent.

I was thinking about getting the fine print from all the ads and making 1 post with ALL the PM info so it would end too :)

Well...

Before I dropped some bucks here, I checked with 2 different stores, in person, in my area and ALL the return/PM policies online and was told/read that I have 30 days for the price matching and that is policy. Again, this was told to me by the store managers themselves. And this applies to items that may go on sale BF. One Mgr told me that if as long as I bring in the receipt for the purchased item during said sale time, be it 1 week, 30 minutes, 7 hours, the price would be matched. I was also told that they don't want an unhappy customer so more than likely, they would likely match the price. In all honesty, we're lucky to see these deals but it wouldn't be fair to those who don't have access and who do purchase said item prior to these sales. If I were one of these customers, I'd raise some Cain. I brought this point up to one of the managers and he completely agreed. So anyways, that's my two cents.