Standing in line for 4+ hours what to do?

RossMAN

Just standing would be incredibly boring, so here are some ideas:

Collapsable lawn chairs

Portable TV or DVD Player, just watch two DVD movies and 4 hours is gone!

Laptop with WiFi card.

GameBoy

Friends and family to talk and pass the time with

Go ahead and share your ideas. New members are welcome to post :jester:

A CHAIR!?! That would slow you down. What do you do with it when you get in the store lol.

That's why you have 2 people go. 30 minutes before the store opens, 1 person puts the chairs away in the car while the other keeps place in line.

Or like Brad said use it as a :chairshot weapon.

RossMan: Bringing a wi-fi laptop? Why? You sure they have hot spots around their stores? I've never tried that, so I don't really know. If they do, that'll be an easy 4 hours, but I'm not ready to use it as a weapon when the door opens. Too expensive!

samcasey,

I probably won't bring a WiFi-equipped laptop for 2 reasons:

1) As you said, there may be no WiFi hotspots or unsecured networks around the store.

2) Possible inclement weather, all it takes are a few rain drops to ruin the laptop. No thanks.

Take your cell phone and call friends who are waiting like you at different stores. Others still in bed might not appreciate it! My sister and I go to different stores she buys what I want at Walmart and I hit Circuit City and buy what we both want and later we meet for a breakfast, figure what we owe each other and sit and watch the rest of people still shopping. And we are all done and ready to go home. Im so depressed, I cant go this year. Be my first year shopping from home. Just doesn't seem as fun!

tina

A little flashlight and some reading material would work, too. I really wish I could have convinced friends to go with me...but they all think I'm insane. Actually, one thought I was insane, then I showed her a few of the deals I was after, and she recanted, LOL. But she's still not accompanying me.

take family, friends NEVER they just slow me down! I have one of those small camping stools maybe I'll just take that and leave it! LOL It's a peice of junk anyway so if someone takes it more power to 'em. Just one less thing for me to toss. If it's still there then I guess I'll have to bring it back home. To pass time I'll probably just BS and play hand held balckjack game. Pretty soon I'll be getting in the shower to wake up a little and make sure my game plan is together! Best of Luck to all ;)