Best Blank DVD deal

lesliepear

The Good Guys have a nice deal if you're looking for a DVD recorder:

Get 50 Free DVD+R or DVD-R discs instantly ($50 value) with purchase of any DVD Recorde

Also, OfficeMax have some Free with Rebates DVD+RW:

4x 10-pack Spindle $12.99 - $7 mfr's mail-in rebate - $5.99 OfficeMax mail-in rebate = $0 FREE

I just bought a couple of 50 packs of DVD+R 4x media from CompUSA online. Only a penny shipping for each you order and its under accessories which right now using the code: thanks25 will give you an additional 25% off. The unbelievable thing is, that right now they are origonally only $19.99!!!! Huge Sale! With 25% off its only $14.99 a 50 pack! Unbelievable. Plenty of discs now to burn movies! I don't have to brave Office Max now!

double check me as this sounds almost too good - even better than what elena_398 posted from same store - compusa! (although I will rip them for a scam in another post :) )

100 pack of either dvd+r or dvd-r (316430/316438) 6 hour special BF 6am-12pm.

$69.00 - $50.00 INSTANT savings = $19.00!!! :2elephant:2elephant

I doubt this will last long!

I does sound almost too good to be true, but I comfirmed my order. CompUSA sent an email a little while ago saying shipping will be within the next 2-3 business days. I got 3 50 packs for only $14.99 a piece. I burn movies for my mom and sister too so this was great for me. I love the fact their savings are INSTANT and not a mail in rebate. Never heard of the store until coming here. Its great

Not really true anymore. They are about the same.

DVD-R's can hold about 3-4 MB more data and are more compatible with older set-top DVD players (my mom has an older player from circa 1999-2000 which will only play DVD-R's). If your goal is data backup I've heard DVD+R's are more compatible with DVD-ROM drives and are generally better for PC use.

BTW, not trying to imply that the 3-4 MB difference is huge, but if you're using the blank DVD's to make backups you might find it harder to make an exact 1:1 copy of something going to a DVD+R if the DVD you're copying is totally full. =)