What's your favorite Christmas Song?

brynnfromtheblock

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a shame that some time people get so involved in the rat race that they forget the real meaning for Christmas. ( So everyone, please when writing or speaking don't take Christ out of Christmas with that easy to write X-mas thing.

Hi Monkey! just for a bit o trivia- the x-mas thing is not to take the Christ out of christmas but actually refers to the original language! The X represents the "Chr" sound in the greek alphabet and the capital X actually is the differentiation between some one named "christos" like my DH and "Christos" with the capitalization. Alot people think the x is to remove Christ- it actually emphasizes his prescense I think.:smart:

Oh, Come All Ye Faithful and Mary Did You Know both bring a tear to my eye.....

and then when I just want to be in a goofy "celebrate the moment" mood...it's gotta be Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer!:hert: I still call my best friend and sing that to her at least once every year.....(she HATES the song!):tongue1:

#1 absolute fave: "Christmas Canon" - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Close seconds:

"Better Days" - Goo Goo Dolls

"O Holy Night" - Mariah Carey

"Carol of The Bells" - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

"Silent Night" - The Temptations

"98 Degrees" - Little Drummer Boy

And who can forget "Where Are You Christmas" by little Taylor Momsen? (Cindy Lou Who)

Carol of the Bells -- Because I used to sing it in choir

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Amy Grant -- Kids love it and it grows on you

Take 6 Christmas -- We are a jazz family

Tony Bennett Christmas songs -- Hubby cries at Christmas Land ...EVERY year!

Adeste Fidelis

Anita Baker

Harry Connick Jr.

Paul McCartney -- Wonderful Christmas Time -- Could listen to that EVERY DAY!

Ray Conniff Singers

The 12 Pains of Christmas -- No matter how many times I hear it, I still giggle childishly at the line, " When one light goes out, they ALL go out!"

Winter Wonderland -- Listened to that since childhood

The Christmas Song -- Nat King Cole ~and~Mel Torme (Does anyone remember Mel?)

:holiday07:holiday16:holiday04:holiday02