LCD Monitors Under $200- which is best?

kcchica

Hi... I am looking for an LCD Monitor for under $200

I see the following are available

Office Depot KDS 17" 199 (is this without any rebates??)

CC 17" Liquid Video $199 AR

BB

MAg 17" LCD 189.99 AR

Samsung 15" LCD 179 AR

I am afraid of going to Best Buy because it is such a zoo.... There is an office depot near by that might not be that bad, I guess it depends on how great the rest of the ad is for everyone...

We don't need it for gaming or anything like that more web browsing.. or running some music/sound mixing software...no spectacular graphic type things...

Are there any opinions out there, based on brand, or which store etc.

thanks

Hi kcchica and z93007,

First of all welcome to the GottaDeal forums :2welcome:

You're absolutely correct, Best Buy will be a zoo because of items such as the $499 laptop.

There are two types of video connections on LCD's analog and DVI (digital). DVI is obviously better but they are usually found on models priced at $299 or higher.

Remember to pay for your purchase with a premium credit card which offers a FREE 1 year extended warranty. This works with most VISA, MasterCard and Amex credit cards.

so far, here are the contender

200 proview 17" at staple is on the list with 16ms respond time the LCD looks nice

OD, BB, CC all have 17" LCD for 200, but the one at BB is not as good, i've seen the spec, the one to talk about is the samsung 17" at BB for 250, that one has both digital and analog, but it's 50 more, i'm waiting for fry, on today's ad the have a 17" LCD for 250 no rebate, i'm thinking they'll have something good on BF, but the ad is no where to be seen yet.

Hi! Thanks for jumping in an responding!

I just double checked my credit card to confirm the extended warranty program! Thanks for the heads up, I was vaguely aware of such a thing, but have never really used it. We like to buy big items at Costco because of their unconditional return policy...

However, I really need to stick to under $200 for this item and the extended warranty program makes me feel better about my purchase!

Glad to hear the best buy one isn't as good... I don't really want to hang out there for one item... and we don't have a staples in my city.

Any possibility of these stores selling these items online?

Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated!

kc

yeah, that samsung is deffinitely better, but it's also 50 more, and it seems that there are less rebates on the staple side, this is probably how it goes down if i'm the one choosing it, if you have a digital connection on your graphic card, go for the samsung, if not go with the proview.

Rossman, i'm looking at them myself, i've been through alot of the deal sites for BF, so i probably don't remember where i see it (no chance of pulling up a #), but i do remember BB has 3 deals for LCDs, they got 1 15", and 2 17", one is 200, and the samsung is 250 AR, the 15" they are asking for around 180 i think, when i looked at it, i was like "man i rather get the 17" over the 15" for only 20 bucks more. If i remember correctly the proview from staple has 450:1 viewing ratio, while the samsung has 650:1 viewing ratio, much better.

And what about the MAG from BB? :idea: They used to make decent monitors. In checking the specs versus the Samsung, the contrast ratio is definitely not as good, but it's also $60 cheaper. Will the picture not be as sharp (given that the refresh, resolution, and brightness are almost equivalent) from just a lower contrast ratio?

Anyone??