Don't forget those who can't shop!!!

Gazer9757

Please, if possible, take in mind those people who physically can't get to the stores on Black Friday. I always make sure to take at least one shut-in's list and buy for them so they get the good deals as well. They are usually on a tight budget and the deals help them stretch their holiday dollar even more.

Please, if possible, take in mind those people who physically can't get to the stores on Black Friday. I always make sure to take at least one shut-in's list and buy for them so they get the good deals as well. They are usually on a tight budget and the deals help them stretch their holiday dollar even more.

Gazer -

What a FANTASTIC idea, I had not thought about that. I personally don't know anyone that is homebound, but I surely will ask if some of my friends do.

Thanks for reminding all of us.

Also adopt a child off the angel tree if your local stores have one. We not only do that, but we "adopt" a child from our local school that a teacher has submitted their name and get them a coat, hats, gloves, scarf, socks, an outfit and 3 to 4 toys. Last year, I was at the party and happened to hand the gift to my "adopted" child. She didn't know it came from me, we marked it Santa.... It was wonderful! I highly recommend it. Many of us do it at my work and my family loves it.

Every year we buy a pile of toys for the Toys for Tots program. Donovan likes to pick out stuff he thinks they would like. Plus he says it makes him feel good. We also buy hats,gloves and scarves for them too. When I was growing up my mom and dad took us kids to shop for families within our church that couldn't afford anything for Christmas. We always had a lot of fun doing it. We'd also get them food, like a big ham, turkey or whatever and a bunch of stuff to help fill their shelves. Many years mom and I would go and get frozen turkeys and leave them at the front door of some of the peoples homes that we knew couldn't afford one, sometimes mom would send me up to the door with it and I'd ring the bell and run like He!! while she'd be waiting around the corner for me in the car. LOL It's always so cold here we didn't have to worry about them thawing.

Also adopt a child off the angel tree if your local stores have one. We not only do that, but we "adopt" a child from our local school that a teacher has submitted their name and get them a coat, hats, gloves, scarf, socks, an outfit and 3 to 4 toys. Last year, I was at the party and happened to hand the gift to my "adopted" child. She didn't know it came from me, we marked it Santa.... It was wonderful! I highly recommend it. Many of us do it at my work and my family loves it.

We have the sharing tree thru the Salvation Army. People who dont have much fill out cards of one thing they would like for X-Mas then at certain stores they have a tree up with cards around it & you can pick a card & get the gift. It is for kids & adults.