what time do you get in line

guadarrama

best buy, you'd have to get there by 10PM, wal mart, I'd say 2AM if it's a hot doorbuster (in a 24 hour store)

In the wal mart I was at they had 40 laptops, which is more then most got... if you were there by 3:30-4:00 you would have been early enough to get one. By 5:30 the store was full and people were rampaging everywhere.

The 24 hour thing is nice, it gives people a chance to line up around items they want.. of course if you go to best buy and are in front you can get rewarded with multiple doorbusters potentially.. not true at wally world.

Im always inside Walmart by midnight. A tad too early last year, but at least I got my BF items (they opened pallets at Midnight and you could put in cart but not checkout till 6am) and still had time to get my price matched items. Picked a few grocery items I needed too. LOL

I live in a small town and the BF sale at Wal-Mart starts @ 5am. I'm usually there by 4:15 to find where my stuff is going to be and get in line. I usually NEVER have a problem getting what I want/need. However, I've never purchased a laptop on BF either!! LOL Then I head up north to Springfield and shop more!!

I worked at Best Buy (Geek Squad, so we weren't too busy) this time last year and it was my first year working retail... probably camp in line the night before just for the experience, it seemed pretty cool that guys were camping out 4 days in advance for the xbox 360 and such ;-)

I worked at Best Buy (Geek Squad, so we weren't too busy) this time last year and it was my first year working retail... probably camp in line the night before just for the experience, it seemed pretty cool that guys were camping out 4 days in advance for the xbox 360 and such ;-)

4 days in advanced??? :eek: Nothing is worth me camping out for 4 days.

So far, we're planning on hitting walmart first. There'd really have to be something big to tear us away from walmart. It's at least a 30 minute drive (in good weather, snow/ice/rain could make it take as much as an hour) to get to the nearest Wal-Mart. So as of right now we're planning to leave the house around 2:30 (2:00 if the weather is bad) to get there and in line by 3:00.

Last year my mother, mother in law, sister, sister in law, and myself lined up by 9:30 pm. This year, my sister in law (who needs to go to the looney bin) thinks that we should be in line at Best Buy no later than 5. I am trying to convince them that that is totally insane, not to mention family dinner! ( I have a ton of family in Phoenix and have to make a couple stops during the day, man I am going to be beat if she actually gets her way.) ;)

Those are excellent questions.

One person holds your place in line while the other puts away the thermos, chairs, etc. in the car. When the doors open you won't have all that stuff slowing you down and keeping your hands free to grab & run.

Another tip... if it's an extra person (not a designated shopper) who is making the run back to the car, have them come back into the store and immediately get into line. Depending on how many items you are purchasing, they could be at the front of the checkout line right when you're ready. Of course, I wouldn't try to fight my way through a line with a heaping shopping cart... you could end up in traction. :D

We have a 24hr WM as well. Last year hubby and I were there by 3am and the other 3 members of our shopping team showed up around 4:30. Everyone got what they needed and the women all loved my husband because he could reach the top of the Care Bear and Cabbage Patch pallets. He was tossing CBs and newborns left and right (after we got what we wanted). It was nearly impossible to get OUT of the hoards of people trying to get up to the pallets. He figured the only way out was to try to thin the crowd a little by flinging what they were after straight to them, lol.

last year we went to a 24 hour walmart, we got there at about 12:30 am. They started putting some of the early bird deals out at 1:00 a.m. We also went and got all the stuff that we were going to price match. They would not let you check out until 5:00 am but we were first in line and were out of there by 5:10 a.m. and went to shopko.

I am looking for the top BF deals at my local Wal-Mart Supercenter this year. What time would you suggest I get there if the BF prices become available at 6am, and I want the most prized deals???

Looking at other people's responses above, I'd say 2-3 am for a doorbuster. Unless your Supercenter is in a small town...then you could sleep in a little and get there are 4 am.

If your Supercenter is in a larger town, 2-3 am may not be early enough! http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sad%20Upset/thwilly.gif

• 3 weeks later...
I was going to go to BB at 4am but now I'v read what everyone else said and I'm now thinking 1am. Hope my friends are up for that, early they are already planning on coming. This will be their first year my 2nd. Last year I went to WM at 4:15 and they said the laptops were already gone they gave out tickets for them around 2. Then we checked out at 5am and then went to Target at around 5:20 and just had a short wait. It is very fun I's so excited for this year I think I'm startimg to drive my mom crazy.