>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

For those who 'preordered' from Lik Sang, I hate to say it, but they are out of business. Ive had my name on the Wii preorder list since April 26. I don't know what made me do the Amazon preorder as well, but Im glad I did. They are cancelling ALL orders as of today.

Sony is suing the pants off of them. Here is the link:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

My apologies in advance if this has already been posted.

For those who 'preordered' from Lik Sang, I hate to say it, but they are out of business. Ive had my name on the Wii preorder list since April 26. I don't know what made me do the Amazon preorder as well, but Im glad I did. They are cancelling ALL orders as of today.

Sony is suing the pants off of them. Here is the link:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

My apologies in advance if this has already been posted.

Wow. Altho they were priced higher than most importers, there was a reason people paid the price. We have ordered several things from Lik Sang before. Sorry to see them go.

Wow. Altho they were priced higher than most importers, there was a reason people paid the price. We have ordered several things from Lik Sang before. Sorry to see them go.

I too have bought a couple games from them also. My kids will be sad to see them closing, but they have been shopping more at playasia.com lately anyway.

Guest Frieked

Stupid question, I know, but I have to ask. If I preorder a Wii that is a Japanese version, what does that exactly mean? What do I do to make it USA compatible?

Thanks for your help!

I think I heard that they are region free... meaning you can play games from anywhere but your menus and stuff might be in japanese... Not much you can do about that.

Im not sure if this is for real or not, but I'll just throw it out there and you can make of it what you will. Specifically for Cincinnati folks..

TRU in Western Hills is only getting 10 for preorder.

I have a friend who works for Target. She said that the Western Hills store is getting 40! But, get this, she said the Florence KY store is getting 400-700 Wiis in. I do not believe that one. She said its true b/c they had a meeting about the whole Wii thing and that they are supposed to refer people to the Florence store when Western Hills sells out of Wiis. So I said, "Are you sure they don't mean 40-70?" And she said "No, it was definetly 400-700."

I don't know if she is on crack or what. Why would TRU only get a measily 10 and one specific Target store get hundreds?

So, I guess what Im saying is don't forget about Target.

Guest Deals4Mommy
Yes, too, I was told that 20 Wii will be available at my local TRU and they are only offering that number, because it can be guaranteed ot arrive mid November.

Hi, I'm new, but I wanted to say that I planned on going to my local TRU tomorrow morning around 6am to be there when they open at 10am for my Wii pre-order. Well, my sister in law drove by TRU around 9:30 PM and said the parking lot is packed and there are tents at the door already! This is in little ol York, PA.

Alex.

Guest Deals4Mommy
Just left my local TRU only 8 people in line and apparently they are there for PS3 but one person said they will take all they can get...LOL. I'm on my way back to buy the Elmos.

There is no way I would wait 24 hours for a game system :eyepoppin I got my wii on preorder from ebgames a few weeks ago. Dh drove up there walked right and and signed up. It was not advertised at our mall but I got the email the day before so maybe that is why there was no line and so easy for DH to get

:yuck: :yuck: Husband went out to TRU at Lakeline Mall in Austin, TX at 5:30 a.m. this morning. Horror stories!:eyepoppin He's there talking to people who have been there most of the night. Note on the door says only 5 ps3 presales and 10 Wii pre-sales. :shock: But here is the real story: Management calling sheriff to run everyone off and some women actually went and hid in a gully. The "mall security" dude actually had people running races out to cars and back to shake up who was first in line three different times through the night. Same security guy verbally harrassed everyone over and over again. Husband has decided to stay just in case there is disinformation in play. He's also getting a real kick out of all the different personalities in line! Guess we'll see.

:yuck: :yuck: Husband went out to TRU at Lakeline Mall in Austin, TX at 5:30 a.m. this morning. Horror stories!:eyepoppin He's there talking to people who have been there most of the night. Note on the door says only 5 ps3 presales and 10 Wii pre-sales. :shock: But here is the real story: Management calling sheriff to run everyone off and some women actually went and hid in a gully. The "mall security" dude actually had people running races out to cars and back to shake up who was first in line three different times through the night. Same security guy verbally harrassed everyone over and over again. Husband has decided to stay just in case there is disinformation in play. He's also getting a real kick out of all the different personalities in line! Guess we'll see.

LOL! Why would anybody do ANYTHING a mall security person told them to do?

That's too funny that anybody would even think about getting out of line for anything besides a cop, even then there should be a HUGE argument. Tell them just give me my loitering ticket and be gone with you!

Lol...The things people will do. I was gonna go last night to stand at our local TRU(outside) BUT is so pouring down rain, high winds, and 28 degrees with wind chill here in western, pa. So I decided to wait and hope to wait in wal-mart INSIDE and see if I can get one.

Well I went to TRU at 7 am this monring. They had 6 PS3, 15 Wii and 100 TMX Elmos, I was 17th in line and got a Wii pre-order!! Now I just have to figure out how to put it on ebay, any ideas how to put it up for sale?? All help will be appreciated!

ETA- Well looks like someone is going to luck out and get a Wii preorder- I cant put it on sale at ebay as my feedback is only 25 and I guess you have to have at least 50 from what I read.Do you guys think I will be able to make anything off it if I wait till I can list it normally. Sounds like there isnt going to be a big deal getting one after the release date........

Well I went to TRU at 7 am this monring. They had 6 PS3, 15 Wii and 100 TMX Elmos, I was 17th in line and got a Wii pre-order!! Now I just have to figure out how to put it on ebay, any ideas how to put it up for sale?? All help will be appreciated!

ETA- Well looks like someone is going to luck out and get a Wii preorder- I cant put it on sale at ebay as my feedback is only 25 and I guess you have to have at least 50 from what I read.Do you guys think I will be able to make anything off it if I wait till I can list it normally. Sounds like there isnt going to be a big deal getting one after the release date........

You can list it when you have possossion of the system , but to warn you there are going to be so many on e-bay some might even lose money so be carful and good luck.

My DH planned to go up there last night around 6pm and scoped one TRU out! Holy COW- there was such a line so he ended up going to another and was #1 so he ended up being there from 3:30p until 9a THIS morning! My nephew wanted one also so he was up there also. SINCE they didn't plan to go so early THEY weren't prepared and froze their butts off! But they got it and was #1 and #2 up there ... The manage was great he said- she kept checking up on everyone every couple hours until close and got there really early in the AM Sunday. Even wanted to make sure my nephew was with a "guardian".

You can list it when you have possession of the system , but to warn you there are going to be so many on e-bay some might even lose money so be careful and good luck.

no way, there's always someone who slept on the release date and will be willing to pay for the console in time for Christmas.

Don't listen to this guesstimate.

no way, there's always someone who slept on the release date and will be willing to pay for the console in time for Christmas.

Don't listen to this guesstimate.

well I guess I will find out, decided to go ahead and pick it up when it is released and try ebay if I havent sold/promised it before-- posted on our craiglist. If all else fails I will just give it to DH,I won a 40 inch LCD tv and that was going to be it, but I can always spoil him more, lol

My Wii coupon from TRU shows these titles to be available on release date:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Tony Hawk Donwhill Jam

Spongebob Creature from the Krusty Krab

Metal Slug Anthology

Call of Duty 3

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

Madden NFL 07

And my Wii preorder card has a coupon as part of it that has me saving $30.00 when I buy 3 titles.

anyone looking for some more helpfull insider info on the wii theres a great forum about the Wii . Its Wii-volution.com . I met the webmaster in line at a TRU preorder. If you sign up try mentioning my name somehow (keith) maybe he'll hook me up with something for fowarding traffic his way LOL

My Wii coupon from TRU shows these titles to be available on release date:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Tony Hawk Donwhill Jam

Spongebob Creature from the Krusty Krab

Metal Slug Anthology

Call of Duty 3

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

Madden NFL 07

And my Wii preorder card has a coupon as part of it that has me saving $30.00 when I buy 3 titles.

Zelda:Twilight princess will also be available. That one however, may need to be pre-ordered, because it is probably the most anticipated game of the Wii.