>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

what are your favorite games for the wii? My 9yo son got the wii for Christmas with the 4x4 game that came with the steering wheel, he doesn't play it like I thought he would. He says that the 4x4 game is not very fun, what games are your kids enjoying?

what are your favorite games for the wii? My 9yo son got the wii for Christmas with the 4x4 game that came with the steering wheel, he doesn't play it like I thought he would. He says that the 4x4 game is not very fun, what games are your kids enjoying?

My kids are 7 and 11.... they LOVE Rayman Rabbits and Super Monkey Ball Blitz. My 11 year old claimed the rabbit game was better then Zelda. Exite Truck is a fun driving game, I have not seen my husband since I brought that one home :)

I GOT ONE! :D

My bf and I checked Target, BB, CC, 2 EB's, Sears, WM & TRU this morning, to no avail. We went back around 12:30-1 and checked Sam's Club (no), and then tried FYE since it was the only store we hadn't checked. We went in different directions when we entered the store, and I didn't see any boxes anywhere (not behind any of the counters). I went back around the store, and my bf was waving me over. I got over there and he says "pick a game". Apparently, they would only sell it to us if we bought a game. I really did not expect them to have one, but now I have one sitting here waiting to be played (yes, played, not put up for sale).

Of course, we saw a Wiimote at WM this morning, and after I got the console, it was gone. But I have the console, the wiimote and nunchuk that are included, 3 games (not including Wii Sports) and a classic controller :)

My DS (11) and DD(8) both love rayman, Super Monkeyball and Excite truck Excite truck was not going to be one of their gifts, but they tried it out at EB Games and fell in love with it. My DH (oldest child)lol:) also loves Exite Truck. They still have not played Need for Speed Carbon or Zelda (son just bought that) yet.

Guest JeepMom
Last night for our little new years eve party the wii was a hit. One couple was into tennis and te other was into bowling. It made the time pass quickly!

Our friends had their wii set up last night with the Wii Sports loaded and it was the hit of the party. It entertained everyone from age 10 to 50 with people lining up to play lol Funny to see the 20-somethings complaining of sore arms and shoulders lol

My 6yr old *loves* the Boxing game on Wii Sports. Talk about an aerobic exercise. If anyone has weight loss New Year's resolutions...get a Wii!! It can be quite the workout.

haha, my bf was playing a few rounds of boxing the other night, and said that it is a little bit of a workout. we picked up some ankle weights on clearance at target last week, so i told him we could strap those to his arms to give a little more of a workout lol.

A close friend of mine is a manager of a Meijer's (she's over the whole store, not just a department). She said she was notified via email not to expect any more Wii's until March (which of course could change), but that's the word now.

She rec'd an email last time telling her when and how many to expect on their previous shipment. She was told 1 and they actually got 3.

You can order extra controllers and nunchuks directly from Nintendo. I ordered mine on a Monday and they arrived on a Wednesday with the upgraded shipping. Just go to the Nintendo website and look for the link to purchase accessories.

We love our Wii and have gotten several family members hooked on it as well. And yes my 12 year old is suffering from Wii shoulder. lol

My 6yr old *loves* the Boxing game on Wii Sports. Talk about an aerobic exercise. If anyone has weight loss New Year's resolutions...get a Wii!! It can be quite the workout.

LOL the day after we got it my arm hurt so bad. OMG tennis is brutal. The boxing game wow my poor DD4 loves to play, but she can barely finish a round and she is so tired and her ams are like jelly. It is so funny watching her.

You can order extra controllers and nunchuks directly from Nintendo. I ordered mine on a Monday and they arrived on a Wednesday with the upgraded shipping. Just go to the Nintendo website and look for the link to purchase accessories.

We love our Wii and have gotten several family members hooked on it as well. And yes my 12 year old is suffering from Wii shoulder. lol

here is the link to make it easier for you to find.

Nintendo

Anyone in the Sullivan/Orange/Ulster County, NY; Rockland Cty., NY, or Bergen Cty., NJ see any Wii's on the shelves anywhere, or of any shipments coming in soon? My bf wanted to get me one for Xmas, but he couldn't get one, so it was IOU'ed.

I have just checked out my local store (centrol NJ, within Middlesex County) during the New Years weekend. And to my supprise most of the stores have Wii up on the shelf for sell?! :yup: and not just 1.. one store have several laying around the store!!

I asked them for it in the locals (ie. EBgames) for one and saddly all their saying is "Yes! we are having more of them comm in!!" Don't know how good is their promise worth.. but I am trustin them this time:razz:

Since a few of the stores accually told me that they are expecting a few of the system here... I am keeping my fingers crossed for their words, but would think that this time is could be a good news!

Gamestop Pre Release Ships 1/17/07 $679.90 Nintendo Wii Most Wanted Bundle - Shipping & Billing Address Must Match, No PO Box or APO/FPO Addresses

This Nintendo Wii Most Wanted bundle includes the following items:

* Nintendo Wii system (system, remote controller, nunchuck, stand, sensor and Wii Sports)

* Wii 1 Gigabyte Memory Card

* 1 additional Wii Remote Controller

* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

* Trauma Center: Second Opinion

* Red Steel

* Marvel Ultimate Alliance

* Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

* Madden NFL 2007

* 1 Year Product Replacement Plan

Guest JeepMom

There is a new game coming out 2/12/07 called Wii Play. This game is like the Wii Sports. It also will come with a free controllers. Here's a link to the preorder on GameStop:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=230004

This would be the way to go to get an extra controller for sure. Then all that's left is the nunchuk piece for $19.99.

I look for this to be a big seller. I put down a deposit on it a few days ago at Game Stop.

I have just checked out my local store (centrol NJ, within Middlesex County) during the New Years weekend. And to my supprise most of the stores have Wii up on the shelf for sell?! :yup: and not just 1.. one store have several laying around the store!!

I asked them for it in the locals (ie. EBgames) for one and saddly all their saying is "Yes! we are having more of them comm in!!" Don't know how good is their promise worth.. but I am trustin them this time:razz:

Since a few of the stores accually told me that they are expecting a few of the system here... I am keeping my fingers crossed for their words, but would think that this time is could be a good news!

Where in the middlesex county? I couldn't find one. I went around all weekend looking but nobody had it.

Where in the middlesex county? I couldn't find one. I went around all weekend looking but nobody had it.

EB and Edison area.... hopefully they'll have some commin in soon~ i went on the 2nd.. and i'm goin again today after work to just pop up and take my chances...:razz:

Jeffersonville IN --I got a Wii at Wal Mart this morning. I also got a nunchuck at TRU an hour ago. I talked to someone at CC and they said they are expecting a Wii shipment late Friday night. Hope this helps someone.

Finally got my wii today. Went into walmart to look for a TV stand, and figured there was no chance there would be wii since it was 3 oclock. Walked in and they had 2 in the stand. Then, went to target looking for the same thing and they had nunchucks(I already had an extra wiimote). Super extra lucky today.

I went into WalMart Tonight at 1830 and they had 5 Wii's on display and she said they had More in the back. I got the last nunchuck and one extra wiimote. I got the 1gb card..My question this card looks just like a reg SD card by Sandisk..are they an Ultra type SD card and if not could i use a SD card like for my digital camera

??

I didnt get another game, I could decide on which one to get.

I went into WalMart Tonight at 1830 and they had 5 Wii's on display and she said they had More in the back. I got the last nunchuck and one extra wiimote. I got the 1gb card..My question this card looks just like a reg SD card by Sandisk..are they an Ultra type SD card and if not could i use a SD card like for my digital camera

??

I didnt get another game, I could decide on which one to get.

Yes I was told at EB Games and on here at GottaDeal that you an use a regular SD card. When I heard that I cancelled the pre-order for 3 cards @ EB Games and ordered ones from Circuit City and Buy.com for a lot cheaper. The only difference I was told is the ones that you bought have the Nintendo logo and "Wii" on them. They also cost $59.99, and I got 1g ranging from $2.99 (after rebates) to free from the above. I also got a 2g one for $9.95.

Yep you can use any SD card. I got 2 1 gig ones from Best Buy during the Black Friday sale. Plus I got a Wii stand that came with a 512 just before Christmas. All of them work fine after I downloaded the system update. It will not work right out of the box. For now anyway. I'd assume eventually they'll ship with the newer system update.