The "Before The Ads Arrive" BF Sales Rumor Thread

stationchief

BB (I think) did $10 DVD season set last year so I expect them to do that again this season with some good boxsets.

Oooo.......that would be great. I have a list of about 6 seasons of stuff that I want. Maybe I should wait.

Oh wait, DH and DD said they absolutely refuse to stand in line at a BB or CC on BF. Oh well........

Oooo.......that would be great. I have a list of about 6 seasons of stuff that I want. Maybe I should wait.

Oh wait, DH and DD said they absolutely refuse to stand in line at a BB or CC on BF. Oh well........

You could always price match them at Walmart. Just get there super early and put them in your buggy.

Last year bb line started @ 12pm thurs and there was 100 in line at 9 pm so we went to wally world and were 2nd in line for the hp laptops which are great, and were comfy and warm with afew chairs from furniture

Are the Dvd's that are that price recent movies????:g_think:

Those Wal-Mart $3.44 DVDs on BF are older movies or single-disc movies of slightly newer releases, a.k.a. the jiant 'grab-n-go' bin where they typically offer DVDs 2 for $11. The more recent movies and box/season sets should be offered from $10 or so.

I've been watching ads lately and noticed CC and BB regularly have laptops priced at $400-$500 lately and they aren't bad specs on them. With laptops at these prices without rebates now i'm thinking at least one of them will have a laptop this year between $200 and $300.

Anyone got any guesses on what sign-up offers folks like AOL or MSN will offer this BF? Think AOL will risk another meele like the one they caused last year ($250 IR when you sign up for 12 months of broadband AOL, which was worth $180 and almost everyone cancelled early :eyepoppin )?

I heard on the TV that most of the stores weren't going to have the big ticket items like the years before! None were mentioned specifically. Except for the computer I got for free last year at CC. The deals haven't been that great for the last 2 yrs.

I read the same thing in a article last week..there won't be many deals!

dvds...2-3 dollars...i will be buying millions...lol...Walmart had dvds last year for 3.44..and the year before that 3.88...so maybe 2.99 this year....we'll see!!!

But what movies?

Back to the Future Part 8....Cannonball Run....The Muppets?

:yawn:

I've been watching ads lately and noticed CC and BB regularly have laptops priced at $400-$500 lately and they aren't bad specs on them. With laptops at these prices without rebates now i'm thinking at least one of them will have a laptop this year between $200 and $300.

Good point. A $200 laptop might be worth waiting for! :)

Actually I noticed in our WM a note that said that Nov 19 (if I remember correctly) is the last day they are taking layaway. That's gonna suck!

Yup, that's bein' discussed over in one of the other GottaDeal forums, but that does suck for a lotta people.

One of my predictions for this year's BF is that credit companies are gonna rip tons of people off giving 'em credit cards for BF shopping at insanely high rates. But on the bright side of things, that means less people in line this year.

Will Walmart pm on products that are limited at stores? ie. if Best Buy has 6 cameras for a good price...will Walmart honor those deals too?

Thanks

Wal-Mart will price match, but it needs to be the EXACT item right down to the model number. For example, the HP Pavillion ze2308 is different than the ze2308wm, and therefore will not me pm'ed.

Also, odds are that most of the BF imited item doorbusters are special order items that only that particular chain of stores will have. For example, last year Wal-Mart was the only laptop retailer with the ze2308wm Pavillion laptop on sale and in limited quantity.