Anyone ever go shopping Alone??

JoannR

me , mom and my best friend get together thanksgiving nite map it out and everybody hits a different store. i hit walmart last year and i was out of there by 5:08 we just call each other on the cell phones and it is fun. u meet all kinds of people. have fun

last year was my 1st black friday...and i went alone..

i think i started at circuit city, got the 32 inch RCA for 199. and i got the 19.00 cd stereo, when they loaded my tv and stereo, the accidentally gave me any extra stereo which i found out when i got home.

then i hit office max...got a digital camera, 200 cdr's and a i cant even remember what else, then i got a dvd vcr from freds lol...and called it a day..

the wait was definitely the worst part.

I usually end up going alone now. I used to go with my mom but she doesn't seem to want to get up early anymore. Last year she watched my kids. This year my hubby will be watching the kids, so I don't know if I'll manage to drag her out of bed or not. We get a lot of what we're getting before BF, so I just go for the fun. :)

I usually go alone and use my cell phone as a tool....have my sister and mom getting things at other stores and vice versa...then we usually meet up and head to the mall 30 mins. away. Yep, can get lonely in line, but usually there is someone else nearby that is alone too.

Go Shop and Have Fun, it only happens once a year!:)

I usually go with my mother but a few times she watched my daughter so I went myself. It really was not bad you end up talking with people in line . I would not give up the deals I get just because I have to go alone. YOu will be fine do not miss out .

I go alone every year. Other people slow me down! I'd say the only time that it's kinda lonely is when you're waiting in to get into a store. But that's usually only once. People are pretty friendly though (let's face it, we're all nuts to be out there!) so you can always get into a conversation if you want one.

• 2 weeks later...

In general I prefer going shopping alone. I know what I want and therefore I grab it and be done with it.

Yet I will be shopping on BF with my siblings (Ages: 28, 16 & 17...my oldest brother age 25 won't be coming) since I might need help getting a cart/holding bags, et cetera. :tongue1:

It's good to make friends with the people around you...Our walmart is open 24hours, so I usually get there about 5:30, find what I am looking for and start talking to the people around that certain item...Last year, I waited for the CPK's that were on sale, I started talking to people and moved around, and eventually made my way to the front of the crowd, and then at 6 when everything went crazy, I was right there, and just started passing them back to the people behind me that I talked to. They were happy, I was happy, it all worked out. Most of the time, if you are nice, other people will be nice too. but I say most of the time! :)

the year my son was born, 2002 he was less than 2 months old so my husband stayed home with him and I went alone. Let me tell you, I had the best time and got so much more accomplished by myself than when dragging my husband along with me. This year he will be going with me again, but next year I know I will be going solo as he will be on a scheduled 6 month deployment. (Navy) But I always keep in the spirit of things and have a blast reguardless although it does help to have an extra p[erson to grab , run , and hold a place in line for you.