>>> Official Previous BF Pricematching Experience Thread <<<

Brad

Okay, I just noticed that there's a rebate on that Sandish mp3 from bestbuy. I bet Wal-Mart won't price match since there's a rebate involved. Has anyone had experience with pricematching involving rebates?

Policy for most stores is to price match the out-the-door price, not price after rebate. If they price match the rebate price, they've made a mistake, but it does happen.

Circuit City Will Not Pricematch on BF!! :mad: :mad:

Sears will Pricematch on BF! (at least my local store) :yup: :)

I spoke with the store manager last night here in SF. He said that under no circumstances will CC pricematch on BF because it is considered a "special offer or promotion" which does not qualify under the policy. Needless to say I immediately walked out and drove to Sears, where the employee and manager both confirmed that Sears is more than happy to pricematch, BF or otherwise, so long as you buy the product during the sale hours.

Needless to say I think that CC's position on BF pricematching is really bad because the exception basically swallows up the policy (as the BF sales are unquestionably locally advertised prices). I personally think that anyone who buys a product which is subsequently advertised at a lower price would have a strong lawsuit against CC for breach of contract and unfair business practices (here in CA) not to mention deceptive conduct that may violate federal law. But this is not intended to be legal advice so please don't rely on my opinion.

CC will not be getting any of my business Friday. Sears will be.